Deck looks sweet but could use some focus on the planeswalkers. Nahiri is best with a big threat to tutor with the ultimate. Also snapcasters are good but you probably already knew that
December 28, 2017 6:05 a.m.
Drop the Nahiri, the Harbinger and Chandra, Torch of Defiance for two more Saheeli Rai because 8Rack and everything else with black will rip you apart if you dont. Mana base needs shocks and fetches but you probably already knew that. Youre creature base is all over the place so try to figure out what you want to focus in on. IMO you need to choose if you want to be aggro or combo because you cant be both and be competitive.
January 1, 2018 6:26 a.m.
Thank you both for your suggestions!
MochiCatParty I know about Emrakul and Nahiri combo but in this deck i just wanted two first abilities. Its probably mistake but i really like her.Snapcasters are with Spell queller best choice for this deck but not for my wallet unfortunately :D
AlfrescoHotshot Im not sure what you ment by replacing Nahiri and Chandra by Saheeli to sustain against 8Rack. Probably its my lack of experiences but i think it wouldnt help me a lot..Can you explain it to me please? You are right about decision between combo and aggro..i just fell in love with idea of wrecking somebody with Felidar Guardian and Saheeli Rai i should probably replace them by Path to Exile or one moreGeist of Saint Traft
What you think ?
I would really appreciate any other suggestion from you and from others :) Thank you and Happy New Year!
January 1, 2018 11:21 a.m.
What I meant when I said itll help agaisnt decks that play black was that if you get turn one Thoughtseize and they take your Saheeli Rai and youre only running one, your Felidar Guardian becomes a dead draw. What Im suggesting is that you run multiples to increase your chances of seeing them and avoid this weakness.
January 1, 2018 5:05 p.m.
Hey there! This looks like a pretty solid deck, but I have a few suggestions for you. Also, I used to run a pretty similar deck, which you can take a look at here: Delving into America.
- First of all, I would look to upgrade your mana base as soon as possible. Your mana is what allows you to do the things you want to do, and if you get stuck on colors, it feels pretty bad. Even if you can't afford Zendikar fetches like Arid Mesa and Scalding Tarn, I would add in some more shocklands and go up to the full 4 Flooded Strands. Your mana will become much more consistent, and your deck will feel a lot more streamlined.
- While Dispel definitely has its uses, I see it as more of a sideboard card. While most Modern decks do run instants, it's just not as consistent as you need your maindeck cards to be.
- I'm also not a huge fan of Kari Zev, Skyship Raider. She gets blocked or killed very easily, and just isn't worth 2 mana in Modern. I'd replace her with something like Young Pyromancer.
- Supreme Verdict also seems a little out of place here. Jeskai Delver wants to play threats, then disrupt your opponent, and you really don't want to play a T3 Geist of Saint Traft straight into a T4 Supreme Verdict. It feels bad.
- Finally, Saheeli Rai doesn't really do anything here. None of your threats are particularly worth copying, and her +1 has minimal impact on the game. She doesn't even see any Standard play at the moment.
Now for suggestions:
- Electrolyze is great at killing Lingering Souls tokens, and can even be a 3-for-1 in the right scenario.
- I like Remand and Spell Snare as counterspells in Delver, as they can keep your opponents from playing their cards after you land an early threat.
- I'm also fond of running a single Blessed Alliance in the maindeck. It's great against Burn, and can also help you out a lot against fringe decks like Bogles or Infect.
- Finally, I'd recommend adding a sideboard to your deck. There's a common saying in competitive Magic that a constructed deck isn't 60 cards, it's 75. Give your sideboard some thought; don't just jam cards in there. If you're planning on just playing with friends, think about what kind of decks you play against a lot, and what cards are good against their decks. You can check out the sideboard from my above deck if you'd like, or look up some articles on sideboarding with Jeskai Delver.
In any case, great job here! Good luck with your deck!
January 8, 2018 11:50 a.m.
Dear Thank you for your commentary! Never expected so large text just for my deck.. you really deserve that position in Top Helpers.About Fetches. i know it.. Flooded Strand is esential for it and in time i will buy it somehow. But thats limit Arid Mesa and Scalding Tarn with Snapcaster is really not for my budget :D Dispel, you are right about it i changed it with Spell Pierce for now, later Remand and Spell Snare
You are absolutely right about Kari Zev... I changed it with Dire Fleet Daredevil what you think (cheaper Snapcaster) ??
Saheeli is out, Supreme Verdict in my opinion is good plan B in situation where i wont have any creatures in BF.
Its hard to make Sideboard for me. I dont have that many experiences with competitive gaming so im not sure what should i put in and what to not to cover majority of decks. It will take some time :D
Thank you Sir !
January 8, 2018 2:40 p.m.
Yeah, I understand not wanting to shell out for Snappys and expensive fetches. If your group/store is OK with proxies, though, I would start by proxying up a full deck regardless of price, just so you can get a feel for it. Dire Fleet Daredevil looks like a decent alternative for Snappy (pity T/O doesn't have it in English; I'll fix it once I can find a good English image), so all together, what you have now looks much better. Great job!
January 9, 2018 9:25 a.m.
Important! Formatting tips — Comment Tutorial — markdown syntax
Please login to comment
|Date added||1 month|
|Last updated||13 hours|
This deck is not Modern legal.Highlight illegal cards
|Illegal cards||Dire Fleet Daredevil|
|Tokens||4/4 Angel, Chandra|