Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature has flying.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, draw a card, then discard a card.
Equip (: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Zephyr Boots Discussion
3 days ago
Hey, another allstar one drop is Phyrexian Reclamation . It combos with Radiant Solar 's discard activated ability and Sefris to venture into the dungeon two times each turn for three mana. Reclamation can also help to setup Tortured Existence by recurring a creature to your hand to discard. Moon-Blessed Cleric can tutor for either of these enchantments as well as Rooftop Storm and when she dies get her back with these enchantments.
Use Master of Death as a creature for continuous discard with Existence and it can return to your hand from graveyard at your upkeep to keep rolling with Existence or other effects. Equip Sefris with Zephyr Boots to give him flying evasion and with Master of Death a way to venture on your turn when you discard it. Giving flying to Sefris can make him a potential source of threating Commander damage especially if you keep going into "Storeroom" room to make Sefris bigger.
Viscera Seer combos with Reassembling Skeleton and Sefris for two mana to venture on each players turn. Can also use Seer + Skeleton with Radiant Solar for lots of venturing. Compulsion with Sefris costs two mana to potentially venture on each players turn.
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Hey, you're welcome. If you want more advice from me I would rather give it here.
Some changes to consider based on the card suggestions in my last comment.
- Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist --> Flickerwisp
- Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith --> Ironclad Slayer
- Fighter Class --> Faith Unbroken
- Open the Armory --> Introduction to Prophecy
- Akiri, Fearless Voyager --> Venerable Warsinger
- Colossus Hammer --> Bonesplitter
- Empyrial Plate --> Haunted Cloak
- Zephyr Boots --> Mask of Avacyn
- Arcane Signet --> Liquimetal Torque
- Sun Titan --> Late to Dinner
- Thought Vessel --> Pressure Point
- Mistveil Plains --> Plains
- Battlefield Forge --> Mountain
- Furycalm Snarl --> Plains
- Axgard Armory --> Plains
These changes would increase interactions with equipment, include equipment tutors, more ramp and better reanimation.
1 week ago
Hey, nice overall upgrade of the precon on a very low budget.
Wyleth is much better as a Commander than Bruenor because Wyleth can draw cards which is more powerful as a repeatable ability than Bruenor's pump as well as only being able to equip once for free. Drawing cards in Boros can be more difficult than with other colors thus if your Commander can repeatedly draw then that's an advantage that Boros can really benefit from. You can get reduced equip costs or even free equip from other cards.
With Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist at combat on your turn you can equip all equipment you control for free to Wyleth which is nice with Colossus Hammer . Ardenn has excellent interaction with Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith 's Rocks which are equipment that's created when a land you control ETB. Toggo creates free equipment and Ardenn lets you equip it all to Wyleth for free.
Fighter Class is first an equipment tutor and then you can pay three mana for level 2 which reduces all equipment equip cost by two mana. Level 2 and Level 3 effects are static, after you pay mana the first time. With Level 2 you can pay three mana again to further reduce the cost of equipment another two mana, etc. If you pay five mana for level 3 then you don't lose the effects of level 2. Level 3 can be repeatable creature removal of your choice of opponent blocker when Wyleth attacks.
Akiri, Fearless Voyager is more repeatable draw with equipped creatures as well as a repeatable way to save Wyleth for one mana from many board wipes, other removal and in combat by giving him indestructible. Arcane Signet is a staple mana rock in Commander. Sun Titan is versatile repeatable reanimation of any 3 CMC or less permanent which includes Wyleth.
Pair Empyrial Plate with Thought Vessel to make Wyleth huge and a threat to win by doing evasion Commander damage. Zephyr Boots is a one drop equipment that can give Wyleth flying evasion as well as repeatable loot.
Consider cutting a few basic lands for more Boros dual lands as well as some utility lands? Mistveil Plains combos with Sunforger to keep casting instants since Mistveil puts an instant from graveyard back into your library to then cast again with Sunforger. Battlefield Forge and Furycalm Snarl are budget duals that can ETB untapped and Axgard Armory can be an equipment tutor.
If interested I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
multimedia Update No:1
So I acquired some of the cards that have been kindly suggested (thanks multimedia) and have made the following changes. The cards from Modern Horizons 2 will be on their way soon too so I can add those in.
Zephyr Boots in for my foil Anointed Procession : Starting to take apart the mild Tokens subtheme to this deck. Maybe I can make this one be part of a Mardu Tokens deck at some point, but for now, giving my Commander Flying for cheap seems a better deal.
1 month ago
Hey, you're welcome.
Some changes to consider:
- Vile Entomber --> Ankle Shanker
- Unmarked Grave --> Humble Defector
- Goblin Bombardment --> Mardu Ascendancy
- Viscera Seer --> Butcher of the Horde
- Karmic Guide --> Tajic, Blade of the Legion
- Ravenous Chupacabra --> Intrepid Hero
- Solemn Simulacrum --> Utter End
- Zephyr Boots --> Anointed Procession
- Exotic Orchard --> Temple of the False God
- Spectator Seating --> Wind-Scarred Crag
- Vault of Champions --> Temple of Triumph
- Talisman of Conviction or Boros Signet --> Darksteel Ingot
- Talisman of Hierarchy or Orzhov Signet --> Savai Crystal
Both Goblin Bombardment and Viscera Seer are sac outlets that add to the infinite combo here of Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit + Murderous Redcap . Anointed Procession is a good card, but it's an expensive price card that's not doing much here because there's not a strong token sub theme. By sub theme I mean 10 or more cards that care about tokens. You could add more creatures who create tokens when they ETB such as Siege-Gang Commander , but I don't think you need them.
Ankle Shanker is an attack trigger which you will not get when you reanimate him with Alesha. Creatures who have a tap activated ability are less good with Alesha since when you reanimate them with her they ETB tapped not letting them tap to activate.
1 month ago
Hey, nice version of Alesha.
New sets Modern Horizons 2 and Strixhaven has lots of budget goodies for Alesha. The first two cards can tutor for and put Master of Cruelties into your graveyard.
- Vile Entomber : best card of the bunch to consider adding since it's repeatable Entomb with a deathtouch body who Alesha can reanimate.
- Unmarked Grave : tutor for any nonlegendary card and put in your graveyard.
- Goblin Bombardment : now a $1 and it's one of the best sac outlets in Commander especially with Cruelties. After making an opponent have 1 life sac Cruelties to end that opponent and repeat next turn by reanimating Cruelties.
- Karmic Guide : now a $1, powerful with Alesha because she can reanimate it which then can reanimate any other creature in your graveyard. Karmic can put itself back into your graveyard by not paying the echo cost making it easily repeatable.
- Zephyr Boots : give Alesha flying evasion and it can be repeatable loot to fuel her reanimation.
- Access Tunnel : another Rogue's Passage , less mana cost to activate.
Viscera Seer is a one drop sac outlet to abuse reanimation of the same creatures with Alesha and it also can help your draws with repeatable scry. Solemn Simulacrum can be repeatable basic land ramp and draw when reanimated with Alesha. Ravenous Chupacabra can be repeatable creature removal.
Exotic Orchard is another rainbow land. Spectator Seating and Vault of Champions are Bond lands that ETB untapped if playing multiplayer Commander. Talisman of Conviction and Talisman of Hierarchy are two more two drop mana rocks.
If interested in any of these suggestions then I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Hey, nice budget upgrade so far of the precons.
It looks like you've mixed the Osgir precon with the Breya precon which is interesting. Osgir kind of has some negative synergy with Breya or Silas as Commander because Osgir's best ability is to exile an artifact from your graveyard. With Breya and Silas you want to take advantage of being able to reanimate/recur artifacts meaning you don't want to exile them from your graveyard. Akiri has nice interaction with Osgir because he makes token copies of artifacts that make Akiri bigger. In saying this if you want to better utilize Osgir then play Akiri/Silas as Commanders.
Osgir's exile ability is powerful, but it doesn't go with Breya therefore in my opinion Osgir is out of place. I play budget Breya and not Akiri/Silas thus I may have some bias, but these Commanders seem very different in gameplay. With Akiri/Silas attacking seems important, using Commander damage as a source of winning and value. Breya is less about attacking with her and more about using her ability sacing artifacts for modes for value to control the game. Breya's best strength as Commander is being a win condition combo piece with the two Thopters she creates.
With Breya as Commander I would play Silas in the 99 because he's an artifact, but not Akiri. With Akiri/Silas I would play Breya in the 99 because she's an artifact who's three artifacts for four mana. Akiri/Silas want evasion to be able to do as much combat Commander damage therefore I would include more budget artifacts to give them evasion:
You don't really want these with Breya instead budget combo pieces:
All these Commander choices are better with less creatures and more artifacts. Lots of creatures is not what you want unless they're artifact creatures because all these Commanders abilities are only good with artifacts. 40 creatures is a lot of creatures for any Commander deck that's not tribal like Elves. Consider cutting creatures for more artifacts?
There are some exceptions here for nonartifact creatures:
- Hellkite Tyrant : can be a win condition.
- Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain : powerful repeatable draw with more artifacts.
- Chief Engineer : with more artifacts ramp for artifacts.
- Digsite Engineer : repeatable source of creating artifacts.
- Emry, Lurker of the Loch : repeatable cast artifacts from your graveyard.
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation : protect artifacts and can be repeatable draw.
Whirler Rogue seems very good with Akiri/Silas to make either or both unblockable, but is subpar with Breya. You could cut all the others that I didn't name for artifacts or other cards.
Some cards to consider cutting to get to 99:
- Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer
- Hellkite Igniter
- Gadrak, the Crown-Scourge
- Losheel, Clockwork Scholar
- Sydri, Galvanic Genius
- Thopter Engineer
- Alibou, Ancient Witness
- Sun Titan
- Osgir, the Reconstructor if Breya is Commander.
- Akiri, Line-Slinger if Breya is Commander.
- Whirler Rogue if Breya is Commander.
I offer more advice. Would you like more advice? Good luck with deck.
2 months ago
Hey, well done so far, but Zelalpa looks way out of place, almost a meme. You can build your own Zelalpa with Syr + equipment :)
Consider more lands or better yet mana rocks? With a mana curve avg. of 3.7 that's high for only 33 lands and no mana rocks. You risk not being able to cast spells from your hand because you're land screwed. Mana rocks and other additional mana sources can help gameplay.
- Sol Ring
- Arcane Signet
- Knight of the White Orchid : Knight, land ramp, can get a Plains dual land such as Godless Shrine .
- Forging the Tyrite Sword : ramp with two treasures, third turn it's an equipment tutor.
- Commander's Sphere
- Orzhov Signet
- Boros Signet
- Rakdos Signet
- Mind Stone
Some other ways to help gameplay are to include more repeatable draw:
- Sram, Senior Edificer
- Mask of Memory : equip, repeatable loot.
- Zephyr Boots : equip, flying, repeatable loot.
- Midnight Reaper , Knight, helps against board wipes.
- Akiri, Fearless Voyager
Sram and Akiri are not Knights, but they're worth including because of repeatable draw effects with equipment. Can also improve game play with other draw effects:
Armory is like draw since it can tutor for your best equipment.
Some budget land upgrades to consider:
- Command Tower
- Exotic Orchard
- Unclaimed Territory
- Path of Ancestry
- Nomad Outpost
- Caves of Koilos
- Battlefield Forge
- Rogue's Passage : make Syr unblockable.
- Axgard Armory : equipment tutor.
- Smoldering Marsh
- Ash Barrens
Would you like more advice? I offer more advice in another comment. Good luck with your deck.