|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Scarecrow
Whenever Wicker Warcrawler attacks or blocks, put a -1/-1 counter on it at end of combat.
Wicker Warcrawler Discussion
4 months ago
Hey there, love The Reaper King. I never made the deck myself but i had a friend in my meta who had it for a few years. It was formidable late game but he got bored eventually since there lacked enough interesting scarecrows. But now I think with the amount of shapeshifters/changelings out there the deck can be very fun, and it already looks like you have more than a solid start going on already.
Taurean Mauler , Mirror Entity , Amoeboid Changeling , Changeling Berserker , Changeling Hero , Cairn Wanderer , Crib Swap , and Shapesharer are the best of the changelings you have to pick from. Definitey no need to use them all but a few can definitely replace some of the weaker scarecrows like Wicker Warcrawler .
Crystal Quarry seems like a cute land to run.
I know scarecrows lean artifact but what are your thoughts on Prismatic Omen or Chromatic Lantern ? There is also Blinkmoth Urn for mana generation in artifacts. Krark-Clan Ironworks as an artifact sac outlet that also generates mana.
Oh and another thing about not enough good scarecrows to pick from... Arcane Adaptation is something to think about because you can even then play around with the idea of throwing in 2-3 absolute bombs like Vorinclex or Ulamog that would then become scarecrows.
Again, sweet deck ;) Let me know if any of that helps!
1 year ago
I was unable to find a tribe in your deck. There are some token generators, but few enough that a tribal card would be a dead draw most of the time. For those reasons, I'd recommend removing these:
A lot of the utility of the deck comes from being able to massacre your tokens in the name of -1/-1 counters (e.g. Blowfly Infestation and any of Flourishing Defenses, Nest of Scarabs, or Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons herself. Add Blood Artist (or similar) and it's an infinite wincon). Any creature with 2+ toughness will not be killable from a single counter, so anything that buffs toughness without a major benefit just weakens the deck. For those reasons, I'd recommend cutting these:Skullclamp.
Various other cuttables:
- Spread the Sickness - sorcery speed kill is pretty "meh".
- Shambling Swarm - the counters go away at end of turn, and it's likely he'll die in a boardwipe (so there won't be anyone to put the counters on anyway), and he has 3 devotion.
- Soulstinger - similar to Shambling Swarm, it's likely he'll die in a boardwipe (so there won't be anyone to put the counters on). Also, you're getting a weak creature in the hopes of doing something useful with it - better to just get a good creature in the first place.
- Decimator Beetle - moves one counter, once per turn, and it has to attack to trigger.
- Essence Warden - the lifegain doesn't get you anything
- Fume Spitter - insufficient recursion to really get a benefit from him
- Wicker Warcrawler - why include a creature that just gets worse?
- Tower Above - i'm on the fence on this one. The CMC is a bit high, but the benefits could be large.
- Needle Specter - Also on the fence. I like it more than the spell though.
- Rendclaw Trow - a 2/2 with wither and nothing else. 2 damage will just be ignored on attack until he dies in a wipe, or manages to block and get you (at best) 3 tokens.
You need to have a minimum of 37 lands. You're also playing , the color whose greatest strength is the massive ramp it can accomplish. If you swap all the cards noted for lands and acceleration, i would expect the deck to play significantly better. Also, don't use rocks for the ramp, unless land-wipe is common in your meta. It's easy and common for artifacts to die, but (usually) much harder to kill a land. I'd recommend the standard ramp:
- Cabal Coffers + Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
- Kodama's Reach
- Skyshroud Claim
- Explosive Vegetation
2 years ago
2 years ago
Very fun looking deck. Snakes and -1/-1s, who'da thunk it.
A couple of ideas. Let's begin with some Scarecrows, one of my favorite archetypes. I see you have a few already, but some others worth considering are Chainbreaker, Fang Skulkin, Lockjaw Snapper, Wicker Warcrawler, and Antler Skulkin,
Sickle Ripper is a nice early game Witherer that can help distribute a few more -1/-1s. On top of that, for your creatures without Wither or Infect, why not try cards like Grafted Exoskeleton, Phyresis, and Blight Sickle.
Finally, I think the lack of a Glistening Oil in this deck is a goddamn crime.
No data for this card yet.