Creature — Zombie
Whenever combat damage is dealt to you or a planeswalker you control, if Vengeful Pharaoh is in your graveyard, destroy target attacking creature, then put Vengeful Pharaoh on top of your library.
Printings View all
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Vengeful Pharaoh Discussion
1 week ago
Riftstone Portal is awesome
4 months ago
With the way your deck is evolving, it is starting to look more and more like an orzhov smallpox list. Some stuff I would say about that is that you really need to make sure smallpox doesn't end up being card disadvantage for you, because in most cases, its just card disadvantage or break even. To do that, you need to maximize your Flagstones of Trokair and Bloodghast type cards. I'd run the full 4 Lingering Souls because of that. Also, a card thats worth looking at is Fetid Heath to fix your mana since you have black cards like Liliana of the Veil and Smallpox, which can be awkward to get out with lands like Flagstones of Trokair out. most smallpox decks run 4 Liliana of the Veil, but Cabal Therapist may fill some of the role it does, I don't know though. One last thing that I would say is that Vengeful Pharaoh is a card that seems to slot into smallpox, but no one ever seems to include.
hope this helps.
4 months ago
makarzorklin Im not sure if you have ever played Karador, Ghost Chieftain or not, but Karador is not a high priority to cast. Meaning there are better ways to cheat in my creatures other than raw casting them. Karador is a late game play, when you have a full graveyard and the ability to pay for high CMC creatures. As for going more "creature heavy" I like the balance where it is at, again Im not looking to cast Karador any time before turn 5,6,7, or 8.
Not sure if you have read any of my previous responses, but if you are playing reanimator and still pay face value for creatures, then its not worth it. Creature ramping doesn't add much synergy, and is a dead draw late game.
Obzedat's Aid is a fantastic card in any reanimate deck, but specifically this one. If Altar of Dementia, Deadbridge Chant, Crucible of Worlds, Greater Good, etc. Wind up in the graveyard its a direct hit, rather than jumping through hoops with Eternal Witness, or Greenwarden of Murasa. its just an added bonus with more options.
Ob Nixilis, the Fallen and Vengeful Pharaoh are purely test pieces right now, I see your point with Ob Nixilis, but I found that Vengeful Pharaoh is a an added thorn in my opponents side, he benefits from just sitting in the graveyard.
Faeburrow Elder is another good option.
Grisly Salvage is a good card, again it doesnt always need to be attached to a creature. And allows me to grab creatures I need in short term plays, Karmic Guide, Eternal Witness, Phyrexian Delver, etc.
Deadbridge Chant is another synergistic card that plays very well into Karador. Milling ten, then getting pure value after that seems fine. Death's Oasis is another great option and both would work great.
Thanks for the comment
4 months ago
You may want to go more creature heavy. They help reduce Karador's casting cost when they die or are milled and you can recast them later. Creatures with utility and etb effects get extra value with Karador. I'd also try to cut some higher cmc items for cheaper ramp so you aren't stuck with lots of big spells in hand without being able to cast them.
- Crucible of Worlds to Ramunap Excavator - does the same thing in creature form.
- Obzedat's Aid to Cavalier of Night - There really isn't any non-creature items you'd want to reanimate and you already have more reanimation spells than threats to reanimate. Cavalier gives you creature removal, value recursion, a lifelinking beater, and a creature for Karador or other reanimation.
- Ob Nixilis, the Fallen to Farhaven Elf - Without fetch lands and a land ramp focus, Ob Nix is pretty weak. Farhaven can give you more ramp and be recurred.
- Vengeful Pharaoh to Oakhame Adversary - Pharaoh is very conditional and can only kill something that already dealt damage to you, plus its a downside that you then have to draw it. Oakhame often costs 2 mana, can give you extra cards, and with deathtouch also discourages people from attacking you.
- Chromatic Lantern to Birds of Paradise - Cheap mana fixing creature that helps cast Karador from the battlefield or the grave. Having 1 drop creatures even in you grave just allows you turns to be more flexible with Karador. Cast something big from your hand and cheap from the grave (or vice versa).
- Gilded Lotus to Faeburrow Elder - gives you a boost to ramp earlier and is a creature for Karador.
- Grisly Salvage to either Stitcher's Supplier or Satyr Wayfinder - these are creatures that can be recurred to provide repeatable mill and lower the cost of Karador.
- Deadbridge Chant to Death's Oasis - Death's Oasis is cheaper to cast to fill up your grave earlier and gives better selection on what you get back. Deadbridge has a higher ceiling, but at 6 mana and wait a turn to get something random, seems very inconsistent.
These changes will allow your deck to be more consistent and still keep it on the casual side.
6 months ago
So, pay offs and dredges are pretty nice for a deck like this. Dread Return and Vengeful Pharaoh have nice synergy with creatres and graveyard sheniaghans. Stinkweed Imp, Golgari Thug, Dakmor Salvage, and Darkblast are great for feeling your yard; getting them in the bin can be easily accomplished with Buried Alive, Entomb, Ideas Unbound and Forbidden Alchemy
7 months ago
Looks good! These may interest you:
Mimic Vat (this card effectively triples Konrad's triggers per creature dying! They hit grave, leave grave to go on vat, then hop from vat back into grave)
Shred Memory (transmutes to Mindcrank/Mesmeric Orb, or can be used to deal 4 damage to opps)
Vengeful Pharaoh (using Konrad's activated ability between Pharaoh's triggers, you can kill multiple creatures that attacked you all while dealing 3+ damage to opps per activation)
8 months ago
Anvil of Bogardan doesnt work well with Megrim and Liliana's Caress they only discard one card. and because you skip the discard phase, you dont exactly purge your hand down to 7,same with opponents. if oyu keep those two discard type cards, i would use Invisible Stalker regardless of her liking creatures, and Whispering Madness and cipher that card on to the stalker.every time the stalker hits, it causes hand resets and discards. Id also use Waste Not with madness. drop the white cards for stalker, madness and waste not, and you have a fairly mean simple deck. and yes Dark Ritual for mana ramp. Norn's Annex while technically white, doesnt need white mana too cast, just 4 life, and slows attacking down big time, especially if they dont have white mana to pay the cost. Vengeful Pharaoh will also kill off creatures that attack should annex fail, and is a card you discard with Whispering Madness rather than casting it
9 months ago
You could probably do with including Wayward Swordtooth as a form of ramp and a win con in the late game, another good source of repeatable ramp is Sakura-Tribe Scout . As far as the aggro match up goes, Jaddi Offshoot is a good blocker and a source of lifegain. I could see a strong argument for splashing red for cards like Flame Jab Molten Vortex and Seismic Assault . Vengeful Pharaoh is very strong with dredgers, like Dakmor Salvage and your loams. You should probably include at least some form of land destruction, like Field of Ruin or even Encroaching Wastes I would recommend cutting the tron lands, if you include ramp because you don't have many creature that need that much colorless mana. I think there are a few too many cycling lands that could probably be replaced with some of the better ahmonket desert lands. There are a bunch of lands in your graveyard matters cards in the set modern horizons, so I would recommend checking that set out. Happy Holidays!