Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Creature — Frog
Menace (This creature can't be blocked except by two or more creatures.)
, Exile this from your graveyard: You draw a card and you lose 1 life.
Chasmolinker on Mono Black Nighthawk
6 months ago
Hey mememan3310. First off, welcome back!
Some amount of removal is always necessary. Combo and Flying can be tough match-ups for Mono Black without enough discard/removal. 3-4 Fatal Push and 1-2 Murderous Rider are good options with 1-2 copies of Infernal Grasp I like 6-8 hard removal spells as Mono Black is typically a Mid-Range deck. Don't sleep on Gelatinous Cube either. I've stolen plenty of games with that card.
I would stick with 4 Duress and probably cut Agonizing Remorse since the only thing you really need to hit with discard in Mono-black are Non-creature spells. If you want something more versatile, Thoughtseize is your best option.
Sword-Point Diplomacy is a cute card draw spell, but they probably just let you draw the lands or irrelevant cards, (i.e. creature removal against planeswalkers). I personally prefer Sorin the Mirthless or Reckoner Bankbuster for card draw. Unwilling Ingredient is another pet favorite of mine although probably not what you should be running.
I know a lot of people run Evolved Sleeper The card just doesn't resonate with me. It often dies to removal after you've already sunk your mana into it. It reminds me of Hexdrinker in that it can be great if you max it out but getting there uninterrupted is difficult to pull off. I prefer Concealing Curtains Flip and Knight of the Ebon Legion in the 1-drop spot.
Gray Merchant of Asphodel or Invoke Despair are two really solid finishers in Mono-Black. If you can swing Liliana of the Veil and Sheoldred, the Apocalypse you won't be disappointed.
There are so many good cards in Mono-Black that it is tough to squeeze everything in sometimes. 22 Lands seems too low. A single Takenuma, Abandoned Mire, Field of Ruin, and Hive of the Eye Tyrant are worth looking at as utility lands. I'd try to get 24-25 lands in there since most of the powerful Mono-Black spells fall in the 3+ MV range.
Kukkakaali on Tuhmeliinit Cube
1 year ago
Version 2.7 Dungeons & Dragons: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms and Innistrad: Midnight Hunt -Squad Captain, +Dancing Sword // -Makeshift Battalion, +Enduring Angel Flip // -Topplegeist, +Portable Hole // -Queen of Ice, +Mind Flayer // -Unwilling Ingredient, +Forsworn Paladin // -Brackish Trudge, +Shambling Ghast // -Sanguinary Mage, + Meteor Swarm // -Tormentor's Helm, +Boots of Speed // -Thundering Ceratok, +Prosperous Innkeeper // -Reave Soul, +Infernal Grasp // -Skymarch Bloodletter, +Graveyard Trespasser Flip // -Hired Poisoner, +Gisa, Glorious Resurrector // -Burglar Rat, +Baneblade Scoundrel Flip // -Warlord's Fury, +Electric Revelation // -Scorching Dragonfire, +Cathartic Pyre // -Breakneck Berserker, +Ardent Elementalist
Kukkakaali on Tuhmeliinit Cube
2 years ago
Version 2.5. No more oyster: - Jaya's Greeting + Young Pyromancer - Chandra's Pyreling + Risk Factor - Chandra's Spitfire + Heartfire Immolator - Spelleater Wolverine + Warlord's Fury
- Aven Eternal + Blink of an Eye - Giant Oyster + Talrand's Invocation - No Escape + Vapor Snag - Witching Well + Mistral Singer - Of One Mind + Peek
Version 2.6. Kaldheim and Strixhaven boosters: - Colossus Hammer + Access Tunnel - Camaraderie + Fall of the Impostor - Cliffhaven Kitesail + Hall of Oracles
- Kin-Tree Invocation + Binding the Old Gods - Boneyard Lurker + Infuse with Vitality - Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner + Moritte of the Frost - Incubation / Incongruity + Quandrix Cultivator - Spellheart Chimera + Prismari Command - Final Payment + Humiliate - Zealous Persecution + Killian, Ink Duelist - Kaya, Bane of the Dead + Closing Statement
- Parhelion Patrol + Glorious Protector - Oppressive Rays + Doomskar - Pouncing Lynx + Codespell Cleric - Inspiring Captain + Leonin Lightscribe
- Concentrate + Behold the Multiverse - Kasmina, Enigmatic Mentor + Saw It Coming
- Fleshbag Marauder + Brackish Trudge - Blight-Breath Catoblepas + Sheoldred, Whispering One - Audacious Thief + Unwilling Ingredient - Hagra Constrictor + Tergrid, God of Fright Flip - Blood Beckoning + Go Blank - Murder + Poison the Cup - Lazotep Reaver + Umbral Juke - Herald of the Dreadhorde + Feed the Serpent
- Inordinate Rage + Infuriate - Heightened Reflexes + Claim the Firstborn - Furious Rise + Tormentor's Helm - Syr Carah, the Bold + Breakneck Berserker - Fire Servant + Rune of Speed
- Ranger's Guile + Snakeskin Veil - Reclaim the Wastes + Big Play - Scute Mob + Dragonsguard Elite - Loathsome Chimera + Regrowth