Creature — Eldrazi
Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.)
Ulamog's Crusher attacks each combat if able.
|Have (2)||gildan_bladeborn , Smokingclays|
|Want (3)||Dobby3 , bloodmoonhowler , Typicalphil|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs. Eldrazi (DDP)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Common|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ulamog's Crusher occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Ulamog's Crusher Discussion
6 days ago
I think you are running way more Flight effects than you really need. I would cut all the 1 mana cards that give flying and offer no other benefits, for starters. Cloak of Feathers, Jump and Flight could all go. The next ones you could cut would be the ones that only offer small pump effects in addition to flight, such as Arcane Flight.
Speaking of Flight effecs, Flight of Fancy is notably missing here. It is Flight and Divination rolled into one, which is fantastic.
Mystic Sanctuary is a great card to have in every Blue deck today.
Otherwise, I think it would be really cool to see more serpents that require islands to attack combined with a sub-theme of island-giving, like Spreading Seas+ Serpent of the Endless Sea. There are tons of powerful creatures like this that only need a little work to get going.
1 week ago
Fusion Elemental is cool and you can cast him without NEEDing Jodah on the field, but same argument as the Brontodon, just boring.
I don't understand what Wall of Runes, Feral Incarnation, or Opt do for you. Go for more direct land fetching, fix those colors! (by the way, I like the mana filter ideas, solid back-up plan that doesn't require foolish amounts of expensive lands!)
I love the direction and it looks like it plays well, but I would take it as more aggressive. Mana-ramp to get Jodah out as soon as you can and just start abusing his power!
2 weeks ago
It's not a bad start, but there are some clear ways to take the deck in a better direction. Firstly, keep in mind your playgroup and the ever-present specter that ruins people, "play group politics". When approaching a deck, always consider how certain cards and interactions will affect the playgroup. Some people will not particularly care until you just dome someone out of nowhere, while other people may just act when they see things they dislike. Playing to politics isn't something Rakdos does well, but the ideal way to approach is through "minimal" bad stuff that helps you keep the target off your back. It's always fun to talk about how oppressive a deck or strategy can be, but once people grow aware and start countering you, the tables will indeed table against you.
But that said, onto the said ways to better this little carnival cruiseliner of doom.
Let's start with the fun stuff. The whole point here is to play every Big Chungus for minimal cost. You should be looking for either beefy dudes to beat your opponents with or high end utility cards that aren't literal neanderthals.
Akroma, Angel of Fury: Not the most exciting of cards, but in a W/U heavy meta, she'll put in work.
Vilis, Broker of Blood: A beefy fella that keeps the machine movin', or dare I say, schmoovin'.
Maga, Traitor to Mortals: Ever slap someone with this guy for 87? It never gets old.
Artisan of Kozilek: Recursion plus Annihilator. It's self-explanatory.
Ulamog's Crusher: A useful ape.
Demon of Death's Gate: Not the most elegant of chonkers, but never underestimate a good old fashioned ass whoopin'.
Drakuseth, Maw of Flames: Burninate the countryside. Burninate the peasants.
Grave Titan: Generates free board presence while applying pressure.
Pathrazer of Ulamog - Annihilator 3 that demands lots of stuff to be thrown under the bus.
Hateflayer: Wither makes for an all around strong option when slapping something for 5 damage.
It That Betrays: "This is mine now" the card.
Here I'll go over more miscellaneous creatures. You mostly are going to want creatures that either fulfill Rakdos's requirement or are general good stuff.
Nirkana Revenant: Old fashioned mana ramp that can go super Chonk.
Crypt Ghast: Ironically, the church will help the demon. Extort puts life loss on board while opening up mana.
I'll address the deck further another day as I'm getting tired.
1 month ago
Check out my deck FELDON EDH PRIMER: FELDON NEEDS SOME LOVE. I’ve put a ton of time into polishing this off, so hopefully there will be some good pointers for you. Feldon is my favorite.
Here are the best cards that support Feldon. You’ve already got Illusionist's Bracers. Other great cards are Thousand-Year Elixir, Magewright's Stone, Puppet Strings (I don’t run it though), Sundial of the Infinite, Mirage Mirror, and a card I really want to get my hands on: Rings of Brighthearth. All of these cards allow for multiple activations of Feldon a turn, easily putting you in a dominant position. Mirage Mirror can copy a reanimated creature, a useful enchantment, or turn into a land in response to removal. It’s great. I underestimated it at first.
Some other aces I’ve found are Balefire Dragon, Molten Primordial, Ancient Stone Idol, and any eldrazi. Not the titans that shuffle. The smaller ones. It That Betrays, Pathrazer of Ulamog, Ulamog's Crusher, Breaker of Armies and whatnot.
2 months ago
Gattison Thanks for the suggestion!!! Bojuka Bog is definetly going in the deck!! I also found another great budget card, Shred Memory great for graveyard hate and getting a Exhume in your hand. As far as consistency I have an eldrazi out almost always by turn 4 thanks to all the mana generators and card draw , but if you're really lucky it can be done by turn 2 as long as you have a Insolent Neonate or Faithless Looting by turn 1, discard the Eldrazi and Exhume it. The weak point of the deck is that you're very vulnerable until you get the eldrazi out, and you're dropping at most one per turn so decks with many fast blockers can overrun you. Thankfully Ulamog's Crusher has Annihilator 2.
3 months ago
If you want colorless removal, you have a few options.
- Steel Hellkite ; which gives you a solid flyer
- Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
- All Is Dust
- Scour from Existence
- Ratchet Bomb ; A solid threat if you use it to blow up stones / mana rocks
- Nevinyrral's Disk
Green has Deathtouch, so you can combo Thornbite Staff and Pathway Arrows . Equip both on to something with Deathtouch and tap the creature using Pathway Arrows to deal 1 damage and kill the target. Then, Thornbite Staff triggers and untaps the creature.
Since you're in mono-green, you can ramp into the Eldrazi with Annihilator.
- Artisan of Kozilek ; Solid recursion for any key pieces
- Eldrazi Conscription ; Can win most games if the creature has hexproof
- Pathrazer of Ulamog ; Titanic behemoth that will wreck games
- Kozilek, Butcher of Truth ; Personal favorite for card advantage and powerful abilities
- Ulamog's Crusher ; Powerful beater
- Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre ; Nasty mofo
- It That Betrays ; Gets you immense value
As for synergy, I'd say:
3 months ago
Sorry this response took so long, just lots of things to respond to, if I don't answer something please point it out so I can do so.
enpc: I totally agree! I've been thinking of expanding past Macar, but I want to finish the Mulligan guide and the Upgrade guide first. I'm especially excited for Mowu, Loyal Companion ! It seems really strong!
TypicalTimmy: I believe I already answered your question, please tell me if I didn't so I can
SynergyBuild: So I've got a few things to answer here. First, the deck is $9.89 at base in NM/M condition on Star City Games, so your claim of $13 on the low end is ridiculous. I specifically say I exclude shipping, lands, and tax. Essentially this whole "fake advertising" point is false, do some research and read the disclaimer before you call someone a liar. To go onto your "advice" as you call it:
1) I know abut your budget folder, hell I love it, but none of the commander decks in it are $10, none of them even claim to be so I'll be keeping the name, thank you kindly!
2) The name attracts players, which furthers the decks goal of spreading to new players
3) You know what? I did design something amazing, 165 Upvotes, 79 Folders, and constant feedback from happy players don't lie. Even if it helped one person, it's amazing and I have multiple instances of proof that it has.
4) This is "The First Good $10 Commander Deck on Tapped Out" Are your decks $10? No. Did I claim this deck is better than them? No. We are operating on two different spectrums and you're claiming we're on the same one, hell the title has gone through changes throughout the decks history when it inspired a $10 deck trend.
To wrap up your first comment, I think it was more a product of salt. Let's talk about the next comment, I like the wrap up! Definitely helps me in writing this response. I agree, that the promise of $10 per deck is not possible so it would have to go to something like $12 to help pay for tax and then buy them in bulk to save on shipping expenses. On the "useful" or "feasible" argument, I would say it is. I've met a lot of players just in my area that want to get into commander but either don't know how or don't have the money, and that's not including conventions and my (multiple) game stores. As for the time consumption, I already have a few volunteers willing to help out/donate a few of the cards to get us started. In the end, your advice had meaning, it just feels like you based it on how offended you were, which hey that's okay, I didn't choose a name like that and not expect lashback.
Boza: That's a really good point! And I think the points on why people would donate are something to look into. I know I've already said it, but this isn't for profit. What would you suggest as some incentives to get people to donate?
1) I completely agree, just like I said in the comment right above, what would you suggest as an incentive to get people to donate?
2) Yes, that is a rather low number, but when I go into college, that number severely increases, I could use the rest of this grade to set up, prepare, and then next year execute the plan. Would you suggest something different (other than not doing the idea)
3) I mean, the purpose of the deck is to control the board and get out big threats in the form of Ulamog's Crusher and Aradara Express , from a lot of reviews (both on and off site) from new players, they tend to love the deck because it's simple. It's also not super linear because you can upgrade it to a full fledged macar deck (which can also be rather diverse).
4) Swamp is the best card? I guess we've just forgotten about Mobile Garrison , Ulamog's Crusher , King Macar, the Gold-Cursed , and Kaya's Ghostform . You should probably look at the decklist before you make a claim like that.
5) I agree that I should diversify the deck choices, I talked about that earlier.
I totally agree that college will open up a lot of opportunities! Thanks so much for the advice, I'll definitely take it into consideration. Finally, with your Talrand point, I absolutely agree! I think the Commander's Quarters just made a $9.95 Talrand deck, it's super cool. That's definitely an option. Thanks again!
FSims81: Appreciate the love! The lgs idea is really interesting and it's certainly something I'll look into. I think that could solve a number of problems outlined in this forum. If I do that, I will have to make more decks, luckily wizards supplies, I suppose. I talked more about this in comment above.