Choose one —
- Destroy target creature with converted mana cost 3 or less.
- Return target creature to its owner’s hand.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Tyrant's Scorn Discussion
5 days ago
Thanks for the suggestions!
- For Disinformation Campaign , this is one I keep going back and fourth on in place of Notion Rain , and so far I've just found NR to be a little bit more effective for us, drawing us one more card, triggering our surveil-matters creatures one more time, and being able to be flashed-back with Mission Briefing , but I'll keep testing and see if DC isn't the correct play instead.
- Drown in the Loch is one on my radar, but without much in the way of dedicated mill, I'm just afraid it will be a dead card too often. If I find that's not the case and I'm usually filling my opponents graveyard quicker than expected with cards like Thought Erasure , then I'll start working a few copies in.
- Fatal Push is a fantastic card and would easily swap with Tyrant's Scorn , but doesn't fit with our budget unless we wanted to cut more Doom Whisperer s or start playing taplands.
- Eliminate 's slightly easier casting cost and ability to hit planeswalkers is an attractive alternative to Tyrant's Scorn , but I really like TS's flexibility to bounce larger creatures later in the game, which is a far more common occurrence than sub-4 mana planeswalkers at this price point. It might be worth making room for in the sideboard, and definitely to keep in mind in case I start seeing an increase in walkers in my local meta.
11 months ago
I always like aggro and control mixed decks like this, and rogues are cool. Nice list :) (random sidenote: aggro-control is actually something else called tempo which is basically control spells but cheap and just casting them a lot more often)
Some suggestions: Quench is trash, Mana Leak is strictly better and dirt cheap as well. In case you want to take out some of the rogues for more control cards, Dreadbore is an efficient and somewhat flexible removal spell (too bad its sorcery speed). Tyrant's Scorn is more removal. That's all I can think of off the top of my head, if I have any more suggestions I'll make sure to come back lol
1 year ago
Yes psionictemplar, paying into Hexdrinker and then untapping to hold up mana for Abrupt Decay and/or Tyrant's Scorn would be part of the plan. Plus I'll be able to pay into Broker to get a card back on opponent's endstep or pay into Torrent Elemental to get it on the board.. And if I make Creeping Tar Pit a creature for unblockable damage, it will untap at endstep cuz its still a land, leaving me with more mana and a possible body for blocking. Then there's the cost for Magewright's Stone that I can activate targeting Broker to activate her again. If Nadir Kraken is on board I'll also have mana to pay into it after tapping Broker to draw. I guess when it comes down to it I wanna be doing stuff on my turn and opponent's turn and constantly getting tidbits of value that will hopefully pay off as the game goes on. I feel the only way to get Bane Alley Broker to work is to always have mana ready to spend.
1 year ago
I like the addition of another Midnight Clock, so I did that and I actually added 3 Ominous Seas and an Into the Story. I don't have any Thassas or Folios but I'll consider those once I get more Wildcards.
1 year ago
The control part looks solid, but it’s difficult to see the deck having an ability to win consistently? Yes, Fraying Sanity and Traumatize will do that for you, but there doesn’t seem to be any other win-con in the deck. As there are a lot of surveil cards here, I might recommend something like Doom Whisperer or Lochmere Serpent as big finishers that still somewhat synergise, but since I’m not the biggest control player there may be some better options out there. I’ll also say that Drown in the Loch might not necessarily be the best option, since the deck lacks ways to fill the opponent’s graveyard early to get Drown online. Again, not entirely sure if the best replacement, Tyrant's Scorn might be ok? Hopefully this is helpful, and I wish you luck with the deck.
1 year ago
Hopefully those changes will help the deck run smoother, but maybe a few more removal spells to replace the loss of the Tyrant's Scorn? Fatal Push obviously springs to mind but may be too expensive, but other cards like Dreadbore, Heartless Act or Angrath's Rampage might be good? Again, hopefully this helps.