|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Throne of Eldraine (ELD)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
The Royal Scions
Legendary Planeswalker — Will Rowan
+1: Draw a card, then discard a card.
+1: Target creature gets +2/+0 and gains first strike and trample until end of turn.
-8: Draw four cards. When you do, the Royal Scions deals damage to target creature, player or planeswalker equal to the number of cards in your hand.
The Royal Scions Discussion
2 days ago
TristanTaylorsVoice Ral, Izzet Viceroy is definitely slower, it is just for grindier match ups. He can kill a lot of eldrazi that are running around with his minus which is nice right now. I might want to cut down on a [Magmatic Sinkhole] to add another The Royal Scions to help loot through my deck but Ral is actually very helpful.
2 days ago
The Royal Scions seems like a great way to ensure Awoken Horror is a 2hko or turning Snapcaster Mage into an actual clock, while Ral, Izzet Viceroy seems too slow. I would either play a second The Royal Scions instead or an additional threat to close games such as a single Torrential Gearhulk . Note that The Royal Scions ultimate also actually attempts to close the game!
3 days ago
I like it, consider adding The Royal Scions , and cut Realm-Cloaked Giant . as it while it wipes most of board, having the 7/7 really isn't that relevant, as it'll just eat a Doom Blade . If you really wanted a wipe, I would add Wrath of God and be done with it.
6 days ago
In a misguided attempt to be pro-active during the tournament,and advance my own game plan I am throwing in a wild card I feel will do well to enhance against the tournament's meta. We shall see how wrong I am.
6 days ago
- Definitely mainboard all 4x Fires if you're going to play it. It's cheap in paper and just lets planeswalker decks go off. I honestly don't think you need all that many low-cost PW's.
- Narset, Parter of Veils could easily be a 3-4 of as she finds your other cards and keeps the opponent from drawing theirs.
- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame isn't great, but she's a fun one, so 1-2 is probably fine. Her problem is that she needs something in your yard (and mana for it) to truly be effective. But being able to do some beats early is fine too.
- The Royal Scions seem to do next to nothing now, as they have no creature targets. Looting is fine, but definitely not exciting. They are probably expendable.
- Chandra, Fire Artisan seems fine as a card drawing machine, but Drawn from Dreams is also really good with Fires of Invention .
- Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God is another card that's amazing, as long as you can cast him, which Fires helps with.
- Putting a Sarkhan the Masterless in the sideboard gives you essentially 3 more hits in Fae of Wishes .
- When you play Fires of Invention + Fae of Wishes you no longer have to worry about the mana symbols of cards in your sideboard. You can add great bombs like Casualties of War and Planar Cleansing to it. They clear up most boards. You could even include cards like Garruk, Cursed Huntsman .
1 month ago
It is not Oko that is problematic, but planeswalkers themselves. They have two states of power level and nothing in between: problematic and lacking any impact.
Oko came out in a set with another 3 mana, 2 color, high starting loyalty planeswalker that only pluses into an ultimate ( The Royal Scions ). No decks feature the twins. 70% of decks currently feature Oko. Neither is the third planeswalker in this set (garruk) featured in a top standard deck.
Out of 37 planeswalkers in WAR, exactly 2 are played with any regularity in standard - Narset and Teferi. Most others are not worth their salt.
If the cream of the planeswalker crop is infuriating to play against and the rest are not worth the cardboard they are printed on, how is this a good card type?
1 month ago
1 month ago
Thanks Sorin_Markov_1947 Yeah, I was trying to pull the gold spells so Lotus Field doesn't disrupt the flow, but I think you're right that The Royal Scions and Ionize are just too good or this deck to leave out. It's tempting to try to please the Algorithm that greades these decks, but in this case I think it's led me astray.
What do you think of Chemister's Insight ? Is it too expensive? Putting back in the Scions may make this expendable.
No data for this card yet.