|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Beast
Imprint — When Phyrexian Ingester enters the battlefield, you may exile target nontoken creature.
Phyrexian Ingester gets +X/+Y, where X is the exiled creature card's power and Y is its toughness.
Phyrexian Ingester Discussion
3 days ago
Cards that are over $1 that are auto-includes:
- Mulldrifter , which can easily be cast for 3 mana if you blink in response to the evoke trigger;
Cards that should go in: - Twilight Shepherd - your creatures never die! - Phyrexian Ingester - BUUUURP. Also should go in Yasova Dragonclaw. - Displace is a cheaper Ghostly Flicker for creatures only. - Pondering Mage is a great 5-drop for this deck. - Master Splicer is a cheap thing to flicker to get an army.
Cards that should go in for redundancy if I have to remove Brago:
- Angel of Condemnation
- Momentary Blink
- Nephalia Smuggler or Mistmeadow Witch . Probably the latter for sweeper insurance.
- Spine of Ish Sah
- Mnemonic Wall
Mean: - Tempest Caller flickered means nobody else attacks.
Cards that are not going in:
- Deadeye Navigator : NO. This card is borderline bannable in EDH.
8 months ago
Remove: Dack's Duplicate , Diluvian Primordial , Inkwell Leviathan , Ornithopter , Phyrexian Ingester , Psychosis Crawler , Knowledge Exploitation , Dissipate , Reins of Power , Stoic Rebuttal , Izzet Cluestone , Manalith , Spectral Searchlight , Venser's Journal , Vessel of Endless Rest , one land
Add: Whir of Invention , Negate , Retract , Scrap Mastery , Reshape , Hedron Archive , Darksteel Forge , Paradoxical Outcome , Hurkyl's Recall , Thought Vessel , Kuldotha Forgemaster , Saheeli's Directive , Aether Spellbomb , Rebuild , Soul of New Phyrexia , Mycosynth Wellspring , Ichor Wellspring , Foundry Inspector
9 months ago
Eyy! Der opprettet fyren Roon-lista si! Her har du en shit ton med danke forslag! B-)
11 months ago
Thanks for the comments!
I've seen Phyrexian Ingester and Duplicant, and they certainly do work. The reason they aren't in is because I already have 7 removal cards which can only affect creatures, 3.5 of which kill all of them anyway (Luminate Primordial is the .5).
Stonehorn Dignitary is definitely powerful. It's maybe one to try out, I'm worried about maybe it being too powerful.
I was originally designing the deck to be mostly functional without relying on Roon, so I left out his specific enablers like Swiftfoot Boots, Lightning Greaves, Thousand-Year Elixir, and Illusionist's Bracers. Some of these may find a way in if there are blink cards that don't pan out (I'm looking at you Mistmeadow Witch).
I tried to get a mix of green land ramp and artifacts, since there are some possible synergies with the artifacts (Brago, King Eternal especially, but also Felidar Guardian, Flickerwisp, Glimmerpoint Stag, Ghostly Flicker might rarely untap a signet). Maybe Explosive Vegetation/Circuitous Route might make it in later with Azorius Guildgate.
I wish I could play Soul of the Harvest, Sphinx of Uthuun, AND Prime Speaker Zegana. But then I start to worry about consistency and curve, 1 out of 3 sounds like a fair compromise. And you've changed my mind about which one, I'll put Prime Speaker in and pull Soul out.
Planar Guide is very unique. One shot telegraphed instant speed delay flicker for ALL creatures. Can work like a fog. Can backfire against other ETB creatures. Also does Homeward Path. Wraths tokens. Undoes Ixidron. I'm having a hard time evaluating this, cool card.
Mnemonic Wall is what I would consider a core card in the deck *facepalm. Now I just have to make room. I'm very surprised it does not appear on the EDHREC page.
Minion Reflector I like, and also the new Bramble Sovereign. Sort of like Panharmonicon, but for 2 mana each time. It's just unclear how to make room (and also I'm already over budget, sorry Bramble Sovereign).
Thanks again for the kind words :)
11 months ago
Your deck looks really complete, even being on a budget. I'll just leave a couple suggestions from my own Roon deck.
While expensive to cast, Phyrexian Ingester just eats stuff every time you flicker him. So much removal.
Stonehorn Dignitary can really stonewall an aggressive opposing deck and buy you some time to take over the game.
Lastly, I included some ways to get extra activations from Roon, if you're in the market for that: Illusionist's Bracers
11 months ago
@Osbert Thank You very much for Your deep study on my deck. Here are my anwsers:
- I've been using Crystal Shard, Erratic Portal some time ago and I wasn't happy with that. Just imagine that You cascade in one of these instead of some big nasty creature - impact on the board is too small. I don't need cut cost of casting Commander thanks to many ramp cards, also if Maelstrom Wanderer is still on the board then it's time to cast creatures from hand, they will have haste so impact is good enough (in other circumstances creature cards left at hand would be dead cards because most of time You cast Commander only).
- About making top deck stronger there are two things that prevent me from putting cards You listed (well, there is third reason - I don't have most of these:) ). First is that I really like randomness of cascades (it's still limited by card selection). Second is just the same like with bouncing cards - cascading into them will make one cast of commander weaker. Still there is Sensei's Divining Top for top decking, which is also a lifesaver when You need next land drop and I won't cut it out.
- I run Lurking Predators only - because that card doesn't need mana to activate (most of times Commander eat almost all of mana) and it's working just fine without any help. Sometimes it's better to leave land on top deck (if more mana is needed for next cast from command zone), sometimes You are already overextended and expect wrath effect spell from others.
- Well Oath of Druids is tempting because it could make early game more than just ramping. Still these creatures won't have haste (and my ETB effects won't change much) and opponents can also use Oath's effect to put creatures from their decks making more blockers, ramp or even combo. I need to see that card in action because now I can't predict if it will make advantage or disadvantage.
- There isn't too much standard spot removal besides of Beast Within (already is in deck) and Pongify which is very cheap (only one blue mana). Also there are some kind of removals: Inferno Titan, Phyrexian Ingester, Terastodon, Tyrant's Familiar, Primal Command, Warstorm Surge (plus creatures entering board). If that's not enough AOE cards will try to compensate. I will keep in mind Krosan Grip and Reality Shift (didn't know second card, it's really nice when facing indestructible creatures)). But Wave of Vitriol can hit me also and probably will wait long on hand. Song of the Dryads still can be removed and threat would return.
- From these Mystic Confluence and Cryptic Command most valuable are abilities that make Commander and creatures more evasive (this deck doesn't need more card draw) and of course occasional counterspelling. But, so far, evasion from creatures, lands and some spot or AOE removals were just enough to deal damage (especially overloaded Cyclonic Rift).
- Already got Mystical Tutor in this deck. And yes - it's great. It can go for Tooth and Nail or Cyclonic Rift, even when facing mana screw I sometimes use it for ramp spell. Worldly Tutor could make more control over deck (or top decking) but still I prefer to cast Commander than casting single creature and like that randomness.
- About strange cards in my deck: Burnished Hart well I could change it for something better - can You give me some ideas (especially cards that put 2 lands)? Ixidron - You don't have to cast card that fit cascade requirements (they can go to the bottom of library) so it won't hurt controlled creatures, also Commander comes into play AFTER cascades resolve (he is on the stack until then) so it will never hurt him. This card can hit very hard other commanders as they won't go to command zone. It's weakness is that it won't affect tokens but I take that risk. Curse of the Swine has exile effect (which is quite rare in RUG) and it can be single or multi target I keep it for that versality (even if it does not have synergy with Commander). Knowledge Exploitation is for 7 mana so it can be cascaded for free, also I have enough mana to cast it from hand. Best case scenario is when it hits with first cascade, then You can go for some funny card from opponent deck (some kind of wrath effect) and then cast creature from second cascade - it will result in clear board and then Maelstrom Wanderer and that other creature will come.
1 year ago
Deceiver of Form... kinda cool.
Tidal Force... might be even better than frost titan. Good for politics too.
Sphinx Ambassador... this card is ridiculous.
Platinum Emperion... why not.
Platinum Angel... and again why not. These last two could serve as your "lifegain."
Nullstone Gargoyle... hilarious.
Galecaster Colossus... more removal.
1 year ago
Good day, Triggerbolt. I have arrived to make your deck better. Here are some suggestions:
For card draw, Prime Speaker Zegana, Pull from Tomorrow, Bident of Thassa, Blue Sun's Zenith, Consecrated Sphinx, Nezahal, Primal Tide, Garruk's Packleader, Rishkar's Expertise, Zendikar Resurgent, Biomantic Mastery, Shaman of the Great Hunt, and Tishana, Voice of Thunder.
Cards to take out: Permeating Mass, Reef Worm, Soul of the Harvest, Phyrexian Ingester, Majestic Myriarch, Lifespring Druid, Grand Warlord Radha, Engulfing Slagwurm, Druid of the Cowl, Urban Burgeoning, Mind's Dilation, Kefnet's Last Word, Saheeli's Artistry, Fog, and Harrow.
Phyrexian Ingester occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%