Path of Discovery
|Have (2)||metalmagic , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (2)||alphace , atsmith03|
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Path of Discovery occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Path of Discovery Discussion
8 hours ago
Easiest way to find out is play it a dozen times. That's a couple more lands than I personally like running. I would drop 5 forests and put in Path of Discovery maybe? Simic Growth Chamber, Gruul Turf and Izzet Boilerworks all let you pop a land back to your hand to play for another landfall trigger. Just for fun something like Boundless Realms, Collective Voyage or New Frontiers so you can have one round with a ton of landfall triggers.
3 weeks ago
Thanks for your suggestions!
There's a strict $50 dollar limit on this deck, so Sram, Senior Edificer is a hard sell being off theme and all. A similar fate befell Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip. I like Intrepid Hero and True Conviction, they are both great cards that are on theme. I considered them but they didn't end up making the cut. I may be able to make room for them by removing some of the cards with the explore mechanic like Path of Discovery, that don't have as much synergy with landfall as I previously thought.
3 weeks ago
Hair-Strung Koto = Mill Infitito
2 months ago
Nice deck! I think the hideaway lands could work well here, especially Windbrisk Heights. Other land options that might help are Gavony Township, Kessig Wolf Run, Ancient Ziggurat, and Thran Quarry. Some other synergistic cards that come to mind are Aid from the Cowl, Rhythm of the Wild, Keeper of Fables, Temur Sabertooth, Bear Umbra, Path of Discovery, and Champion of Lambholt. Triumph of the Hordes and Gratuitous Violence could be a wincon. As for good counterspell options, I'd recommend Avoid Fate and Rebuff the Wicked. You could also always just go with Price of Glory.
2 months ago
Cards also worth considering:
- Impact Tremors - Ping everybody whenever you make a snake
- Stoneforge Masterwork - More snakes -> More power on commander -> More snakes
- Coat of Arms - Make your snakes HUGE
- Altar of Dementia - Turn creatures into mill
- Parallel Lives - Double snake production
- Mana Echoes - Expensive, but makes insane amounts of mana when you make a bunch of snakes
- Opposition - Tap snakes to tap basically anything you don't like
- Vicious Shadows - Tokens DO go to the graveyard when they die, so every snake you lose burns an opponent's life hard
- Path of Discovery - Making a snake lets you explore
- Seshiro the Anointed - Pump your snakes and draw a card whenever they deal damage
- Kaseto, Orochi Archmage - Pay simic to pump your commander and make it unblockable this turn
- Eldrazi Monument - As long as you keep making snakes, your creatures are all indestructible, and as a bonus, flying
- Rancor - Commander has trample and +2 power, and the aura goes back to your hand whenever it dies
- Ring of Kalonia - Commander gets trample, and a +1/+1 counter each turn
- Ring of Evos Isle - Commander gets hexproof at instant speed for 2 mana, and a +1/+1 counter each turn
- Loxodon Warhammer - Commander gets +3 power, trample, and lifelink
- Fireshrieker - Double strike protects commander from blockers (first strike damage) and potentially doubles the amount of card draw, and thus, number of snakes produced
- Thassa's Oracle, Laboratory Maniac, and/or Jace, Wielder of Mysteries - You draw a lot of cards, so you may end up decking yourself. Best to win if that happens rather than lose
You by no means need to add any of these cards to the deck, they're just cards I think you might want to look at.
2 months ago
Maybe Renata, Called to the Hunt as well, she's also a decent YannikTarget
Mayyyybe more life gain for Nikara?
3 months ago
Epicurus thanks for checking my deck man :D.
i really like Karador and i am trying always to improve him.
Beast Whisperer,Skullclamp,Audacious Thief,Oakhame Adversary,Mindblade Render,Yawgmoth, Thran Physician are all amazing draw engines. Sometimes i forget i have them and neglected to tell you to add them.
on that idea also add Guardian Project and Path of Discovery they are really amazing enchantments i had to cut them out because they costed 2 much. But i still like them.
Runic Armasaur believe it or not is the first to be swapped out when i find a replacement because he is too cirumstancial.
Finally i do love Syr Konrad, the Grim but my meta is too fast for that.I tried him and really like him but 5 mana is too much for the slot i wanted him for (protect my graveyard). I don't need his damage to end the game so i had to remove him.
Thanks for checkning my deck :D
3 months ago
Funkydiscogod Persist + Path of Discovery + Hardened Scales (which mentioned) could build a pretty cool engine for sure imo. I'll try it asap and let you know if I find a consistent combination within that template.