As Overlaid Terrain enters the battlefield, sacrifice all lands you control.
Lands you control have "Tap: Add two mana of any one color to your mana pool."
|Want (2)||GhostMajor , lorddarkstar|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Overlaid Terrain Discussion
3 months ago
This deck already looks great, but we thought it would be worth mentioning several cards that could increase its power even more:
- Courser of Kruphix / Oracle of Mul Daya / Burgeoning : more ways to play lands.
- Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip; another way to play more lands and has a nice ultimate.
- Rampaging Baloths ; every land entering your battlefield comes with a 4/4 green beast token. This is great value for CMC6; especially when considering that Baloths itself is also a 6/6 trample creature.
- World Shaper ; when destroyed, it's another Splendid Reclamation .
- It is not particularly our thing (our play group frowns on (basic-)land destruction), but if yours is not we would also recommend Impending Disaster , Epicenter , Tectonic Break and especially Price of Glory as none of these will hurt you nearly as much as it will hurt your opponents. Also, Overlaid Terrain could be really good for you.
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
5 months ago
You might like these: Solidarity of Heroes , Psychotic Fury , World Shaper , Claws of Gix , Lithatog , Need for Speed , Overlaid Terrain , Mana Seism , Rain of Filth , Jund Panorama , Not of This World
5 months ago
Well one card I'm surprised is never used in Gitrog and I think could work out well is Overlaid Terrain . Other than that, stuff like the quests, cards that care about the number of lands on the field and the like are probably best.
6 months ago
It's basically just a casual kitchen tabletop deck. Still pretty cool, though.
Technically it would work in Oathbreaker, but you'd first need an Abzan Planeswalker - which there currently are none of.
Uhh... come to think of it, it would work in Two-Headed Giant as well.
6 months ago
Hey guys, I play commander almost exclusively and as a result I am pretty lost when it comes to other formats.
I found a sweet synergy between the cards Squandered Resources or Overlaid Terrain , Lotus Cobra , and Second Sunrise . The end result is that it can generate an insane amount of mana and cast Emrakul, the Aeons Torn on turn three.
The problem is that Squandered Resources , Overlaid Terrain , and Second Sunrise are not modern legal. What format should this deck be played in? and is there any payoff other that Emrakul, the Aeons Torn I should be running?
10 months ago
One of my favorite cards to use in a land deck is Liege of the Tangle . If you want more fetch, Ulvenwald Hydra seems like a good fit for this deck. Also, since the goal is to get a big commander, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds can provide huge ramp. And Titania, Protector of Argoth can help get more benefit from graveyard interaction with your lands. As for defending yourself, Constant Mists works really well with graveyard land decks. Groundskeeper and Overlaid Terrain are also really good, but the latter can be risky if you’re not prepared when casting it.
1 year ago
hkhssweiss Thanks for the explenation on Overlaid Terrain I'll think about it. As for Amulet of Vigor Thank you for reminding me of that card I couldn't remember the name of it and I've already put it in. Oracle of Mul Daya is a card I want I just don't have. I already have Wayward Swordtooth in the deck. Instead of putrid imp I have Oblivion Crown which I like more because it can make my command lethal in one swing if I get lucky. Entomb is good. Noxious Revival and Traverse the Ulvenwald are cards that I'll have to cut something for I'm just not sure what.