Creature — Insect Druid
Tap: Add (1)(Green) to your mana pool.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Nantuko Elder Discussion
1 month ago
and first off: i updated the description a bit, so some things i didnt mention and i feel might be a concern of yours, are better shown.
I will definitely look for Hoarding Dragon , Shared Summons and i might have an Inventors' Fair lying around. Kuldotha Forgemaster is a card i purposefully did not include, since i think it would scream combo time to loud (he plays it himself a lot).
The thing is i dont want it to be too obvious and too focused on that combo win. I want him to play a few games and eventually stumble upon it. Hoarding Dragon is a nice flying body as well, so it would camouflage nicely as a value creature. Nantuko Elder and buddies also might have a place. Though i want the animated mana rocks to play role still.
Arcane Signet could be added in, i just didnt see the necessity in two coloured decks. But, is a valid suggestion. Chromatic Lantern i dont think i want to get, the list already did cost me a bit both in cards i added from my own collection and money. Also since the commander makes artifacts and the deck is somewhat vulnerable to artifact removal, i like Darksteel Ingot a lot in here.
Another instant artifact removal like Ancient Grudge would be good, i agree.
1 month ago
Your combo is cool but very unlikely. You would want to add a few ways to tutor up the artifacts to get better consistency.
Hoarding Dragon , Kuldotha Forgemaster , Inventors' Fair and Gamble could help.
Shared Summons could get forgemaster and toymaker. Crop Rotation can get inventor's fair.
Also you might consider a few more instants to make scepter more useful if he doesnt happen in to vitalize. Ancient Grudge and Fog seem good.
Also you may want more mana dorks to enable the combo with vitalize scepter. Palladium Myr works as would Fyndhorn Elder , Greenweaver Druid , Nantuko Elder , Whisperer of the Wilds , these are also decent ramp cards in general.
5 months ago
Maybe add more 3 cmc ramp 2..?
3 years ago
High-power dudes: Old-Growth Dryads, Sheltering Ancient, Phyrexian Soulgorger, Rhonas the Indomitable, Woodland Bellower, Argothian Wurm, Tempting Wurm, Cultivator's Caravan, Smuggler's Copter, Heart of Kiran, Nylea, God of the Hunt, Chameleon Colossus, Heroes' Bane, Omnath, Locus of Mana, Citanul Centaurs, Consulate Dreadnought, Exemplar of Strength, Groundbreaker, Hunted Troll, Hunted Wumpus, Irontread Crusher, Leatherback Baloth, Lupine Prototype, Myr Superion, Pangosaur, Ravaging Riftwurm, Talara's Battalion, and a lot of mana dorks (because Llanowar Elves is basically a Sol Ring, adding from the ability and towards Ghalta)
4 years ago
I've playtested your deck against a couple of mine, which I think are generally fairly close on the casual-hardcode scale. Here are my random thoughts and suggestions.
- Sapseep Forest - Entering tapped isn't worth the upside.
- Mogg Hollows - Only getting coloured mana every other turn seems bad.
- 1x Forest, 1x Mountain to make place for...
- Karplusan Forest and Mossfire Valley - Two untapped mana-fixing lands.
- Mosswort Bridge and Spinerock Knoll - Both of these have requirements that should be easy to meet in your deck. They're really bad with X spells, but you have a lot of other useful targets.
- Clip Wings for Silklash Spider, a lot slower and more expensive, but reusable.
- Gruul Keyrune for Gruul Signet A 3/2 trample is really small in EDH, so I'd go for the lower mana cost if I were you.
- Lightning Bolt for Ulvenwald Tracker Basically Doom Blade on a stick with the huge guys you will be keeping around. Also fun with Thornbite Staff, which is also incredible ramp with Rosheen if you can arrange some other way to have creatures die. Volcanic Fallout would be an example.
More general suggestions:
- Might of Old Krosa One-off buffs aren't that great when you have three opponents you need to get down from 40 life. It's certainly not reliable as removal, either.
- Increasing Savagery Your many X-creatures turn mana into power and toughness. No need to have a separate card that does the same.
- Solidarity of Heroes Very powerful at the right time, but it's a one-off effect that requires some setup.
- Feral Incarnation - Three 3/3 beasts isn't worth the mana, and you don't have enough token generation to make it "free".
- Skarrg Guildmage - There are better trample-givers, like Nylea, God of the Hunt.
- Genesis In this type of deck with low-count high-value creatures I'd try to sneak this in, but it depends on how graveyard-hatey your meta is.
- Asceticism Again, high-value creatures that respond poorly to single-target removal. Keep your hydras safe!
- Death's Presence Even if your hydras die you get to keep most of their value.
- In the Web of War, Fires of Yavimaya or Xenagos, God of Revels - Haste on large creatures is huge, you can swing and kill someone without them getting the time to set up defence.
- Gyre Sage - Makes each hydra larger than the previous one, which makes him larger, which makes the next hydra larger... :o
- Elemental Bond - Card draw when you play creatures keeps the creatures coming.
- Soul of the Harvest - As above.
- Aggravated Assault - The plan is to make lots of mana and huge creatures. Letting them work double shifts the next turn might secure a kill (or two).
Slightly out of budget suggestions:
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds - She seems perfect for the deck. Huge creatures, huge mana, extra cards.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - In decks with two colours or less, this makes a lot of mana.
To make room for this I'd personally cut all the treefolk. They're better in mono-green.
It depends on your meta, but I'd also cut all planeswalkers except maybe Xenagos. They just tend to die so quickly in EDH. Xenagos generally at least pays for himself, though.
You could also consider multi-mana dorks, like Bloom Tender, Fyndhorn Elder, Greenweaver Druid, Nantuko Elder, Priest of Titania, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, Somberwald Sage, Whisperer of the Wilds, Wirewood Channeler, Karametra's Acolyte and dubiously Frontier Siege.
I hope you can take at least something from this.
4 years ago
Nantuko Elder is a nice Insect that provides you with ramp. Also fits the budget classification.
Deadbridge Goliath is a big creature for its cost, then stretches even more with its scavenge ability. Plus it's an Insect.
Nantuko Disciple is another cheap pumping Insect.
Skylasher is a strong hard counter to blue decks and fliers.