Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Muzzio, Visionary Architect
Legendary Creature — Human Artificer
, : Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the highest converted mana cost among artifacts you control. You may reveal an artifact card from among them and put it onto the battlefield. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
Recommendations View more recommendations
DreadKhan on Scarecrow Legion
1 year ago
Muzzio, Visionary Architect can dig fairly deep if Reaper King is out.
Stinging Study is a great big draw spell, but it does cost a ton of life, with the upside of being an instant. I also like Rush of Knowledge , One with the Machine , and even Ugin's Insight . Study and One are probably the best options for a huge draw spell, with One having the big drawback of requiring Reaper King to be on the field.
I would also think about Liliana's Contract , as a back up win con that mostly draws a bunch of cards for you. Phyrexian Scriptures is pretty reasonable if you are running lots of artifacts, though it is a slower wipe. It is much better than a single creature edict though.
triproberts12 on Jeepers Reapers, exploding Scarecrows!
3 years ago
I've encountered this problem when building with small tribes before, and that's the temptation to just fill the deck with Changelings. I've found it doesn't actually fell that tribal when you have one member standing next to two Changelings. I prefer to use cards like Kindred Summoning that put cards or tokens into play that amplify the presence of actual tribe members.
Since Scarecrows are all artifacts and you're going 5-color, you have more options than most to do that. Emry, Lurker of the Loch, Muzzio, Visionary Architect, Mystic Forge, and Saheeli's Directive can all be gas in this deck.
Scarecrows are also weak. You can take advantage of that with cards like Dusk / Dawn, Alesha, Who Smiles at Death, Mentor of the Meek, Reveillark, Slaughter the Strong, Grenzo, Dungeon Warden, and Elspeth, Sun's Champion to take advantage of that.
ZendikariWol on The little Timmy wants to …
3 years ago
Here is my lengthy list of suggestions... get ready.
Braids, Conjurer Adept cheats creatures in for you, or could maybe somehow head up a grouphug deck??
Kami of the Crescent Moon could head up "draw tribal," perhaps alongside Toothy, Imaginary Friend?
Thassa, Deep-Dwelling could be a wacky blink commander.
Jalira, Master Polymorphist is super janky and fun- I know the spike option is to run one creature but the fun option is to run like a dozen and SPIN THE WHEEEEEEEEL.
Naban, Dean of Iteration, Naru Meha, Master Wizard, and Azami, Lady of Scrolls are all really neat Wizard commanders.
Sai, Master Thopterist, Emry, Lurker of the Loch, Arcum Dagsson, Padeem, Consul of Innovation, and Muzzio, Visionary Architect are all interesting artifact commanders.
Stitcher Geralf could surely be build around. Bonus points if the wincon is mill but zombie beats are all right too.
Talrand, Sky Summoner is one of my favorite cards. That is all.
griffstick on The little Timmy wants to …
3 years ago
I've seen some cool Emry, Lurker of the Loch builds even on a budget.
You dont see Muzzio, Visionary Architect much at all but he has a powerful effect on him. Could be fun.
If you want to stay fresh you could build a Thassa, Deep-Dwelling ETB LTB deck
K1ngMars on Ideas for a Rayney day, …
3 years ago
That's a lot to cover.
I'd say that, first, you haven't picked a very active commander, not one that synergizes with any combo or has abilities useful for a finisher.
Rayne isn't fit for a Voltron deck, mainly for her lack of abilities useful in that regard. Also, mono blue isn't the best colour combination for Voltron either, so I'd skip that strategy completely.
Rayne is a good passive drawing engine, but remember: she triggers when something you control gets targeted by an opponent. This happens (usually) when something you control gets destroyed, exiled or debuffed. So this is the price you've got to really use her for her ability.
On the artifact side, you're definitely in a good colour, but I feel your commander isn't helping you with trying to pull off any combo.
That's why I'd suggest trying to look out for another commander. Here's a list of "cheap" ones money-wise (so no Urza, Lord High Artificer ):
- Emry, Lurker of the Loch : just come out, can create many nasty combos with artifacts. She herself is a little pricy right now, but she'll probably go down in price in some days.
- Naru Meha, Master Wizard : fun instant speed combo deck. You control the game and win on the stack in response at somebody else trying to win. More toward instants and less towards artifacts.
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation : geared towards artifacts, gives you protection for your pieces and is a draw engine. All around very solid.
- Muzzio, Visionary Architect : a commander that has to be protected, but that can dig out one (or multiple) pieces from the top of your library. Usually supported by Strionic Resonator or untap effects.
- Azami, Lady of Scrolls : a classic, usually wins by drawing the entire deck with Laboratory Maniac on the field, but can also be used a bit differently, drawing you all the pieces for a combo and then winning with it!
Joe_Ken_ on Saheeli, The Gifted (AB)
3 years ago
I would suggest Muzzio, Visionary Architect since when you have some of your bigger artifacts out you can tap him to dig into your deck to potentially get another big artifact.
Your average CMC is about 4 so maybe 41 lands isn’t very necessary. I always find 35-37 to be a good safe amount for just about any deck.
For the lands you take out you can slot in some more mana rocks in your colors like Talisman of Creativity , Fire Diamond , Sky Diamond , or Firemind Vessel
hellhole3927 on On Tilts
3 years ago
LiquidGaming Muzzio, Visionary Architect was actually an EDH general I was interested in playing for awhile (love the art on that card), but somehow forgot about. From your experience how similar does he play out to Arcum Dagsson ? I will definitely check out OathBreakerMTG.org pretty often to see what's new with OathBreaker and to see what's happening in the format.
Some other cards I thought might be worth considering for Jace's Paradigm Shift (some of these are quite expensive and probably aren't 100% needed, but these are all my thoughts):
1) Bazaar of Baghdad , "technically" it's card disadvantage, but just like Tolarian Winds the amount of card selection for little to no mana makes up for that.
2) Mission Briefing , personally I prefer this over Snapcaster Mage , it's recursion and has the ability to get you past 2 dead draws or give you the satisfaction of knowing you will get a good draw next (not sure what to cut though).
3) Treasure Cruise , did somebody say Ancestral Recall (count me in), not only is it great card advantage, but it's also a way to exile cards from you graveyard before you cast Paradigm Shift .
4) Dig Through Time , the card advantage is REAL!!!, not only is it great card advantage, but it's also a way to exile cards from you graveyard before you cast Paradigm Shift .
5) City of Traitors and Crystal Vein , they probably won't ever make it onto the list, but how have Lotus Petal and Grim Monolith been playing out for you? I would forget everything these cards say and read them as: "0... Only cast this spell if you haven't played a land this turn. You can't play a land this turn, add 2 to your mana pool." They seem like they might be worth considering once you read them from that point of view.
6) Magosi, the Waterveil , first I'm gonna say I have been in love with this card ever since I got into MTG so I might be giving it a little too much credit (but then again I was the player who loved The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale when I first started playing MTG, lol), I feel the majority of the time skipping a turn if you are playing control doesn't affect you too much, but being able to take an extra turn later on can be "pretty helpful."
7) Jeweled Amulet , it plays very similar to Lotus Petal , sometimes worse, but usually better IMO.
8) Rapid Hybridization and Pongify , sometimes things will slip through our counterspells and need to be dealt with (worth considering).
9) Reality Shift and Curse of the Swine , sometimes things will slip through our counterspells and need to be dealt with (worth considering).
10) Lonely Sandbar , early game we can deal with an ETB tapped land, late game an Island is a dead draw this isn't.
11) Evolving Wilds , Terramorphic Expanse , Flood Plain , and Bad River , still on the fence about these, ocassional ETB tapped lands vs deck thinning (E Wilds and T Expanse are better by a slight bit, just to say), not sure on this one. What do you think?
12) Mana Severance , we all come to those points in a game where lands are dead, but not anymore.
13) Mystical Tutor and Merchant Scroll , why not?
14) Foresight and Manipulate Fate , being able to kill three dead draws and for 2 mana on a card that replaces itself seems great in a "53 card format" (us blue players always changing the stats to whatever we want whenever we want).
These were the main cards I thought could make it onto your list, but I'm still evaluating a couple others so I'll leave more comments with those if I feel they are actually worth considering.
Jayd0nlink on Oh, You Wanted to Play Magic?
3 years ago
Alright hkhssweiss, so I have updated and edited my deck a bit, and I wanted to see what you thought. Here are the cards I took out:
- Open the Vaults
- Font of Mythos
- Howling Mine
- Temple Bell
- Time Sieve
- Dawn Charm
- Archangel of Tithes
- Ethersworn Adjudicator
- Iona, Shield of Emeria
- Magister Sphinx
- Muzzio, Visionary Architect
- Thopter Assembly
- Windborn Muse
- Dromar's Charm
- Wurmcoil Engine
- Steel Hellkite
- and 1 Island
And these are the cards I put in:
- Grand Abolisher
- Aven Mindcensor
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator
- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
- Master Transmuter
- Arcane Denial
- Hurkyl's Recall
- Imp's Mischief
- Faith's Reward
- Strionic Resonator (To play the Triplets' Ability more than once, just like with Paradox Haze . With this, I can even play it more than twice!)
- Crystal Shard (When I take over someone with the Triplets' ability, I can use this on them to bounce one of their important creatures and then immediately recast it. The best thing is that it is repeatable!)
- Venser's Journal (I just added this to combat life loss with Necropotence . Since it also makes me have a unlimited hand size, it combos there as well.)
- Mystic Remora (Do you mind telling me how to play this card correctly? My guess is just leave it around for one or two turn cycles, right?)
- Paradox Haze
- Flooded Strand (I finally splurged and bought a fetchland. That's what I replaced the island with. Only time will tell if it was a good idea. I think it was, because I can use it later on in any deck that runs blue or white.)
Anyway, if you could tell me what you think, that would be great. And again, thanks for all of your help hkhssweiss!
|Have (3)||sepheroth119 , Galdelonian , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|