Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
- Can you pay the Energy cost for Longtusk Cub more than once per turn if you have enough energy counters?
- Crew Vehicle Combat Timing and interference ex: deadlock trap
- Can I give Longtusk Cub +1 on my opponent's turn?
- My opponent activates Longtusk Cubs ability 3 times, at once, using all his energy. Can I respond by killing it with Harnessed Lightning?
- Longtusk cub
Creature — Cat
Whenever Longtusk Cub deals combat damage to a player, you get (two energy counters).
Pay : Put a +1/+1 counter on Longtusk Cub
1 year ago
Danny66 Hey, thanks! I'm glad you like them. GB Rock is part of an archetype of decks called "Midrange" that generally seeks to win the mid-game with value-generating cards and efficient threats. Black-based midrange decks like this one typically use discard spells like Inquisition of Kozilek and efficient removal spells like Bloodchief's Thirst to slow the opponent down, then establishes a big threat such as Longtusk Cub to beat 'em down or something that makes a lot of value like Glint-Sleeve Siphoner and Nissa, Voice of Zendikar .
1 year ago
I also don't love Longtusk Cub because it needs to hit for me to get energy and if it is removed it is a whole waste of a turn. Do you have any suggestions for things that could take its place? I think I'm fine on removal with 4x Frost bite 4x Harnessed lightning and 4x Bonecrusher.
3 years ago
3 years ago
3 years ago
- I love this commander and think you've got a great start and idea, but you need to fully commit to the fact that this deck is all about Skullbriar being huge and smashing face, or one of his friends doing it. .
- You should put in Increasing Savagery , Hardened Scales , Solidarity of Heroes , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Fungal Behemoth , Vastwood Hydra , Retreat to Kazandu , Predator Ooze , Blessings of Nature to push the +1/+1 theme to the max. .
- Now, 2nd problem is having big creatures without trample. I see Tuskguard Captain and you've got Rancor already, which is 100% awesome and reusable, but you should have 2 reusable trample activators, so I recommend also adding Ring of Kalonia . .
- Having big creatures attacking also is usually stopped by awkward blocks. You need slightly better cheap removal so I recommend Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Abrupt Decay . .
- 3rd Problem is when they actually block and kill something because they have no other way to deal with it. Make them hate blocking by just having Mer-Ek Nightblade on your field. And then resummon stuff with Journey to Eternity Flip! .
- 4th Problem is when you're smashing for 17 trample damage a turn, but they've got some stupid elf-shaman combo or human-ally combo that gains them 20 life a turn. And now they're at 55 life. Awkward. Get a sneaky kill in instantly with Tainted Strike on one of your big trample guys, just make sure you were about to do 10+ normal damage, and surprise win. (please put Tainted Strike in, even if you ignore every other card I suggested) .
- 5th Problem is your life-total. Sometimes you just need your 12/12 to have lifelink. Best way is Loxodon Warhammer , plus it gives you another trample activator!! .
- Also for ramp you should include Incubation Druid and Rampant Growth . I'd also use hexproof enabling with Alpha Authority .
- I would definitely remove the following since they don't fit with your deck idea overall to make room: Elves of Deep Shadow (don't need), Longtusk Cub (it ain't ever gonna happen), Witchstalker (useless against a red/white/green deck), Gaze of Granite (since it kills your things too), Animation Module (its slow and you should have better things to do with your mana than make 1/1s), Cloak and Dagger (no rogues, it's slow, Alpha Authority is better), Golgari Signet should be replace with Golgari Cluestone so you can sac/draw when you don't need mana anymore. Manalith (you have an aggro curve, don't need THAT much ramp), Plague Boiler (you're not a control deck), Skullclamp (since we're taking out Animation Module , you've got enough good draw), Wayfarer's Bauble (Rampant Growth is better), Greater Good (you're aggro not a graveyard-based-conrol deck), Preferred Selection & Primitive Etchings (because again you're not control, you want to be aggro). .
- I would also cut down on the # of fancy lands that don't add b/g, and play a few more basics for fetching with your ramp cards and being able to play commander on turn 2 more likely.
4 years ago
Please link all of the cards in your question using double brackets.
It depends entirely on how the ability is worded. Bishop of Binding and Phyrexian Ingester both reference "the exiled card's power". This type of ability uses the values on the creature card as it exists in exile. This would be as a 2/2. Death's Presence and Fling reference the "creature's" power (notice the lack of the word card), these effects would use a value of 6 in your example.
4 years ago
You could consider playing an energy sub-theme for Longtusk Cub adding Aether Hub and Servant of the Conduit, you will get mana fixing and probably a turn 4 Regal Caracal. Also, so many 2-of, scpecially non-legendary creatures, indicate lack of focus on your brew, so i'd advice you to decide wether you want 4x Adorned Pouncer or maybe even 4x Ajani's Pridemate since there is also a lifelink sub-theme. Finally, looks like you will have a hard time against flyers or big creatures so consider adding some Seal Away Check out my Post-Rotation Sai
4 years ago
Hey! My first suggestion would be to have more creatures. I know the goal of the deck is to use a ton of pump spells to get the Pummeler kill, but there are going to be many times in which you have a lot of pump spells in hand without having a creature in play. Longtusk Cub seems good as you have Attune in this deck along with some of the other mid-range energy cards. Uncaged Fury is a fun card, lol. Also, perhaps a few more pump spells that offer trample? Trample is just amazing to get through those pesky blockers. Good luck with the deck!