|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Knight of Grace
Creature — Human Knight
Hexproof from Black (This creature can't be the target of black spells or abilities your opponents control.)
Knight of Grace gets +1/+0 as long as any player controls a black permanent.
Knight of Grace Discussion
1 month ago
Hey, nice start. Cards to consider cutting to make 99:
- Bond of Discipline
- Campaign of Vengeance
- Venser's Journal
- Stoneforge Masterwork
- Dowsing Dagger
- Belle of the Brawl
- Brimstone Trebuchet
- Burnished Hart
- Icon of Ancestry
- Words of Worship
- Goblin War Drums
- Door of Destinies
- Whispersilk Cloak
I think rather than aggressive overrun the battlefield with Knights instead play ones that are good with equipment who have evasion, more of a midrange strategy. I suggest this because there's a lot of equipment here which is taking the place of Knights and equipment are midrange cards. I think if you want to play an aggressive overrun strategy with Knights that you want to reduce the amount of equipment and increase the amount of low mana cost Knights especially two drops such as Knight of Grace , Knight of Malice , Stormfist Crusader , etc.
Cards within the budget to consider adding:
- Gamble : tutor for any card.
- Open the Armory : tutor for an equipment.
- Silverblade Paladin : double strike is good with equipment.
- Mirran Crusader : double strike.
- Sunforger : one of the best equipment in Commander and being able to consistently reduce the equip cost to 0 is good.
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar : 0 creates a 2/2 Knight, -4 can be a repeatable anthem. Gideon holds equipment well.
- Gideon Blackblade : nonfoil version is $6, +1 is very good with creature strategies, -6 is exile removal.
- Sun Titan : repeatable reanimation of a Knight or three drop or less equipment/enchantment. Can reanimate History of Benalia or Knights' Charge .
- Mistveil Plains
- Caves of Koilos
- Battlefield Forge
- Exotic Orchard
- Ash Barrens
- Isolated Chapel
- Clifftop Retreat
Cards to consider cutting:
- Temple of the False God
- Terramorphic Expanse
- 5x Plains
- Embereth Shieldbreaker
- Order of Midnight
- Foulmire Knight
- Vanquisher's Banner
- Basilisk Collar
- Cathars' Crusade
- Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
I was thinking of building a gwyn deck as well. Here are some cards I think could be cool to run in this deck. Obviously a lot of options.
- Colossus Hammer - this was built for syr gwyn in mind
- Explorer's Scope - ramp, always important
- Heartseeker - with gwyn, tap to kill target creature
- Surestrike Trident - if you have this and Colossus Hammer it reads, each creature taps to deal 10+ damage to an opponent.
- Ogre's Cleaver - cheap artifact and now free equip
- Haunted Cloak
- Infiltration Lens
- Vorrac Battlehorns - if you want to be mean, put this on syr gwyn
- Loxodon Warhammer
- Chariot of Victory
- Fleetfeather Sandals
- Moonsilver Spear - doesn't fit the theme but flying angels are always fun
- Scythe of the Wretched - this plus Grappling Hook means steal any creature you can kill that isn't tapped
- Strata Scythe - pick the best color of the three. keep in mind this includes lands opponents control
- Authority of the Consuls - slow everyone and gain life
- Blind Obedience - slow everyone down while draining them and gaining life
- Brave the Sands - never worry about swinging each turn and make chump blockers able to block two huge creatures
- Sigarda's Aid - just amazing
- Leonin Shikari - not a knight but now you can switch equipment for free in combat before damage is dealt
- Midnight Reaper
- Syr Alin, the Lion's Claw
- Knight of Grace
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight - late game win condition
- Mirran Crusader
- Vona, Butcher of Magan
- Fiendslayer Paladin
- Silverblade Paladin
Required are Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale and Surestrike Trident . Then you can just go down the line of creatures attaching all of your power increasing equipment and tapping them for tons of damage. If you have Leonin Shikari and Brave the Sands out, then you can all out attack and then do the tapping out on the endstep before your turn. If you don't have Surestrike Trident but instead have Heartseeker then you can just kill a creature for each one you control.
1 month ago
Add: Wayfarer's Bauble Sword of the Animist Solemn Simulacrum Burnished Hart Smothering Tithe Despark Kaya's Wrath Knights' Charge Etchings of the Chosen Irregular Cohort Silent Clearing Talisman of Hierarchy Belle of the Brawl Murderous Rider Silverwing Squadron Smitten Swordmaster Syr Alin, the Lion's Claw The Circle of Loyalty Wintermoor Commander Corpse Knight Midnight Reaper Cavalier of Dawn Cavalier of Night Icon of Ancestry Haakon, Stromgald Scourge
Remove: Temple of the False God Myriad Landscape Plains Swamp Mortify Call the Cavalry Harsh Mercy Return to the Ranks Shared Triumph Northern Paladin Eastern Paladin Kwende, Pride of Femeref Southern Paladin Student of Warfare Stromgald Cabal Knight of Glory Knight of Infamy White Knight Black Knight Knight of Grace Knight of Malice Paladin en-Vec Dauntless Bodyguard Odric, Lunarch Marshal Commander's Sphere
1 month ago
I don't think Syr Gwyn is quite the pure "aggro" deck. Considering the relatively high cost of the commander and the fact that you need to cast equipments to make use of her, I think this deck should lean more towards a "Midrange Aggro" deck.
With that in mind, I don't think
I think a cool idea would be to include some Knights that have protection against colors, so that your opponents cannot block. White Knight , Black Knight , Silver Knight , Knight of Malice , Knight of Grace , Mirran Crusader , Phyrexian Crusader are good examples.
I also think you should pick and choose your equipments. There are a lot of good equipments, but running all of them might prevent you from getting to your knights or even be clunky.
Just my 2 cents
4 months ago
If your trying to to do an Orzhov Aggro kind of deck, then I would probably run Knight of Grace / Knight of Malice . Helps with being more aggressive. Cut the Reavers and your Spark Harvests for 2x Knight of Grace and 2x Knight of Malice. Run Vraska's Contempt in the Sideboard instead of Ritual of soot. While it is a boardwipe, it does kill about 90% of all your creatures (everything except Spawn of Mayhem ), if your building off of a Mono-White build that might not be a great idea.
Hope this Helps!
6 months ago
6 months ago
chancypants Glad I was of some help! Lately I have tried many different iteration of this deck, some way into control/superfriend thematic, other way more towards the true Midrange archetype. Sadly, I have found that Mardu in the current formats lacks 2 drops and 3 drops that are resilient enough to be of any value in a Midrange deck. In the whole format, the only 2 threat in these colors that are resilient enough are Gideon Blackblade and Rekindling Phoenix . The only creature resilient enough in the format at CMC 2 is Knight of Grace . This creature is hard to deal with for control decks (Esper, Grixis and Dimir) without using their sweepers.
The reason I didn't include Kaya's Wrath is the mana incentive of BBWW, though this is not a decision made by logic, more by feeling. I personally don't really like Ritual of Soot in the main deck, it is a dead card against Control, combo and Midrange to some extent.
Aside from the Midrange archetypes, Control is not currently a viable options due to high amount of counter spell in control decks and the speed of Red Deck wins. Also, Mardu has no reliable way to draw that does not reduce your life total dramatically, which no decks can do due to Red Deck wins amount of burn.
Sadly, I start to believe that RDW is way to strong in the current format and limits the number of deck that one can play in a competitive matter. I also believe that my opinion is validated by the most recent major tournament (3 RDW in the Top 4). Basically, this decks prevents anyone from using their life total as a ressources since they can easily do 10+ damage in burn damage on turn 3-4, it also prevents any card draw that cost life (99% of black draw spell). Sorry bout this little rant, I just don't get why WotC didn't give us a way to survive a turn 3 win by RDW.
6 months ago
Knight of Grace occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.11%