Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer
Legendary Creature — Naga Wizard
The first face-down creature spell you cast each turn costs less to cast.
Whenever a face-down creature enters the battlefield under your control, draw a card.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer Discussion
1 month ago
Evasive Maneuver Derevi, Empyrial Tactician
Mind Seize Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge
Adaptive Enchantment Estrid, the Masked
Subjective Reality Aminatou, the Fateshifter
Mystic Intellect Sevinne, the Chronoclasm
Faceless Menace Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer
Timeless Wisdom Gavi, Nest Warden
Symbiotic Swarm Kathril, Aspect Warper
Ruthless Regiment Jirina Kudro
Enhanced Evolution Otrimi, the Ever-Playful
Arcane Maelstrom Kalamax, the Stormsire
Aura of Courage Galea, Kindler of Hope
Dragonic Rage Vrondiss, Rage of Ancients
Dungeons of Death Sefris of the Hidden Ways
Planar Portal Prosper, Tome-Bound
Reap the Tide Aesi, Tyrant of Gyre Strait
Eleven Empire Lathril, Blade of the Elves
Lorehold Legacies Osgir, the Reconstructor
Prismari Performance Zaffai, Thunder Conductor
Quantum Quandrix Adrix and Nev, Twincasters
Silverquill Statement Breena, the Demagogue
Witherbloom Witchcraft Willowdusk, Essence Seer
This should help some folks be more inclined to help you. I for one have no idea what the name of most of the decks are, it is just the commander(s) that I care about. What I would highly recommend is if you know your general preferred play style let us know and we can start pointing you in one direction or another.
3 months ago
4 months ago
4/22/2021 Update - finally finished the general, Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer (Mewtwo). Like Nantuko Vigilante , I tried to mimic the art of the original pokemon card as much as possible, except that I also wanted Mewtwo to extend beyond the art box a bit.
Next up is the partner, Umori, the Collector (Mew)
5 months ago
My favorite decks to play are Ghave, Guru of Spores , Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer , and Queen Marchesa . Yeva, Nature's Herald is a fun one, too, if you like winning at instant speed. Let me know if you want to see any decklists. Actually they all should be on my page.
8 months ago
- Cyclonic Rift gets used way too much in my play group so I opt to not include it in any of my decks and I don't think its even necessary seeing as I have tools to make it unblockable.
- The point of Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir and my other flash cards are to ensure I can get a free morph out on each of my opponents turns using Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer, so I want to ensure that the flash is recurrable. Considering that, Emergence Zone is not something I would want. I don't have any big one-turn flash plays that can win me the game so it wouldn't be good for that either
- Ezuri, Claw of Progress is one of my infinite combo pieces so I absolutely am not getting rid of it
- This is also a control combo deck so I'm not interested in using Forsaken Monument and Beastmaster Ascension to make my morph creatures big. Swinging with a lot of big creatures isn't my goal and I don't want it to become that
- I don't think I need signets, I prefer mana fixing through lands rather than artifacts and I'm not in a rush to get my commander out on t2 (it's not the level the deck is intended to be playing at).
- I intend to replace Temple of Mystery with Rejuvenating Springs at some points
- Ancient Tomb is currently $40 and I don't want to spend that much on one single land
Thanks for the recommendations though! All the other ones you gave were pretty good, I'll consider adding them for sure
1 year ago
New Akiri is interesting as she is a lower cmc and less restrictive Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale. To me that instantly makes her more palatable as Syr Gwyn is sooo expensive and you feel crushed if she gets removed quickly.
Forsaken Monument is immediately going into my Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer list. Beefing up all my Morphs and gaining 2 life for each one is fantastic. Plus it will help the deck finish games (one area where Kadena usually struggles).
The alternate art for Moraug is freaking sick!
Holy hell is Nahiri's Lithoforming great for lands matters decks! DemonDragonJ, being able to sac lands off this card is not a downside, it's a boon. Lord Windgrace/Korvold, Fae-Cursed King will certainly abuse the heck out of that card, and even my Mina and Denn, Wildborn list will gladly take this.
1 year ago
I really like Mikokoro, Center of the Sea. I'll definitely make some space for that card.
I see your point with Dormant Volcano, adding this one as well.
Temple of the False God is not for me. My very first deck was the pre-constructed Faceless Menace deck with Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer as my commander. However, I always ended up not being able to use Temple of the False God since I did not control enough lands. Finally, after some games I decided to never use that card ever again.
Thanks for your help Kyle_Winter again!
1 year ago
Personally, I felt like he was doing the "right" thing for self-serving reasons, much like how he views the animals. I definitely can see a Boros Lukka. But, to me, he's still not a good guy. Like, he still wants to kill the cat for most of the time and is seeking both his city's protection, yes, but also personal glory. I think he's more
Lukka, Master of Men and Beasts
Legendary Planeswalker - Lukka
+1: Create a 1/1 white Human Soldier creature token with lifelink and a 1/1 red Human Warrior creature token with haste.
-1: Gain control of target non-Human creature until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn. If it dealt no combat damage to its owner, it's owner gains life equal to its power, then exile that creature, then return that card to the battlefield under your control.
-12: Each non-Human creature you don't control deals damage equal to its power to its controller. You gain life equal to damage dealt this way.
I think he should've had a threaten effect on him, but more as a recruiting idea. I designed the -1 to reflect a more recruiter effect, but also, just reflecting his view of these creatures as weapons, he can just use them and let them leave.
So, some Companions work particularly well with specific Commanders, e.g.:
- Samut, Voice of Dissent & Zirda, the Dawnwaker (Samut's Rebellion), (if not moreso for Kenrith, the Returned King)
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim & Lurrus of the Dream-Den (Ayli and her pet, Lurrus)
- Sapling of Colfenor & Umori, the Collector (Saplings are Creatures Too!), (as well as Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord, Izoni, Thousand-Eyed, and Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer)
- Vial Smasher the Fierce & Obosh, the Preypiercer (Judith, the Scourge Diva, Nekusar, the Mindrazer, Lyzolda, the Blood Witch, and Kelsien, the Plague also might work?)
- Jodah, Archmage Eternal or Niv-Mizzet Reborn & Jegantha, the Wellspring
- Arahbo, Roar of the World or Marath, Will of the Wild & Kaheera, the Orphanguard
- Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath or Rashmi, Eternities Crafter & Keruga, the Macrosage, maybe?
In that spirit, I'd like you to make a companion with a specific commander in mind. The Companion should be non-sentient and the Commander should be sentient, because I think being like a familiar/pet is cool as the dynamic and reflects the concept of bonders I think the design is to imply.