Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Creature — Tiefling Rogue
Whenever this deals combat damage to a player, create a Treasure token. (It's an artifact with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Gain one mana of any colour.")
IHATENAMES on A $20 Ticket For The Highway To Hell (Budget EDH)
9 months ago
A few ideas. Some better then others. Realized late 20 dollars is super low like 30 cents a card so some might be too much.
Blightbeetle Bold Plagiarist Cadaver Imp Death Tyrant Corpse Connoisseur Disciple of Bolas Dogged Detective Dream Devourer Dross Harvester Duskfang Mentor Dusk Mangler Fell Stinger Hoard Robber Kaervek, the Spiteful
multimedia on Budget Sneak Attack Precon Upgrade
1 year ago
Hey, good start, well done upgrading the precon on a budget. For your first deck you have good card sense already. Most of my card suggestions to consider are $1 or less each. Some overall advice is to consider lowing the mana curve which will reduce the avg. CMC of your deck which is currently high at 3.4. By lowing the mana curve then you can potentially play more Rogues quicker to have more of a board presence when you cast Anowon.
There's an infinite opponent mill combo with Mindcrank. Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + effect to make each opponent mill a card. For three mana this combo makes all your opponents mill the rest of their libraries and each opponent loses life equal to the amount of cards they had left in their libraries.
Consider a few more one drop Rogues who have evasion to help them to do combat damage to a player?
By adding more one drop Rogues then you have more chances to potentially control more Rogues before you cast Anowon. Spells that only cost one mana are great in Commander letting you more easily cast more than one spell a turn or cast a spell on your turn and leave up lands/mana for instant opponent interaction.
Some other one drops to consider:
Anowon with Rogues is all about attacking. Consider more effects to take advantage of attacking and doing combat damage to opponents?
- Krydle of Baldur's Gate: Rogue with combat damage to player trigger, also repeatable to make Anowon, itself or another creature you control unblockable, for two mana.
- Hoard Robber: Rogue who can create repeatable ramp with treasures.
- Reconnaissance Mission: draw a card for each creature who does combat damage to a player.
- Key to the City: repeatable unblockable by discarding a card and it can be repeatable draw once on your turn for two mana.
- Zephyr Boots
- Sigil of Sleep
Anowon lacks evasion and with base 2/4 stats it could be difficult for him to do combat damage to a player. By adding more cards that can repeatedly give him or other creatures you control evasion or unblockable then he can do more combat damage to opponents.
Some budget land upgrades replacing some basic lands to consider:
- Secluded Courtyard: new card from NEO set, it will most likely come down in price. Another tribal land that ETB untapped and bonus is you can use mana from it to activate an ability of a tribal creature.
- Choked Estuary: another Dimir dual land that can ETB untapped if you also have in your hand an Island or Swamp land to reveal.
- Path of Ancestry: ETB tapped Dimir land, but worth it for tribal since any Rogue you cast with it you scry 1.
- Access Tunnel: another land that can make a creature unblockable.
Some cuts to consider are first some lands to add more one drop Rogues? 38 lands is high, by cutting two lands for a couple of one drops won't effect consistency of drawing lands that much while the one drops can give you more.
Some other cards to consider cutting in order: Dimir Locket, Didn't Say Please, Fractured Sanity, Fated Return, Rise from the Grave, Murder, Ogre Slumlord, Master Thief, Lazav, Dimir Mastermind, Adaptive Automaton.
If you're interested in any of these suggestions then let me know which ones and I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
privatepook on Processing Throat Pain with Yuriko
1 year ago
Nice, multimedia! That has me off to a good start.
Bolas's Citadel - I just like playing this card when I have the mana to pull it off.
Overwhelmed Apprentice - A placeholder until I can get a few more powerful scry cards.
Temple of the Dragon Queen - I honestly don't know how this even got in here, but "Bye, Dragonicia!" along with 2 basic swamps and 1 island.
Bone to Ash -- Wasn't suggested, but I honestly never use it when it's in my hand anyway...
Still on the lookout for some others, especially Fallen Shinobi cause I want a set for my Modern Ninja deck as well!
multimedia on Processing Throat Pain with Yuriko
1 year ago
Hey, you're welcome.
The first cuts to consider are Temple of the Dragon Queen and 3 other lands since 40 lands is too much. In place of some lands add some lower CMC scry/draw such as Brainstorm, Augury Owl, Preordain, Telling Time. The idea is these cards can replace lands because they're one or two mana, easy to cast, that can help to find lands if you need a land, find/draw other cards or most important help to setup the top card of your library for Yuriko. The scry 3 of Augury Owl is nice since it's a flying creature to return to your hand to cast again.
The more lower CMC creatures who have evasion or can give itself or another creature evasion you add the better the creature base will be for Yuriko. There's a large amount of budget creatures to choose from therefore there's really no reason to play many nonNinja creatures who don't have evasion.
Some other cards to consider cutting:
- Pharika's Cure
- Wall of Frost
- Bone to Ash
- Vampire Spawn
- Calcite Snapper
- Shipbreaker Kraken
- Inkwell Leviathan
- Shambling Ghast
- Hoard Robber
- Death-Priest of Myrkul
- Zombie Ogre
- Scion of the Swarm
- Thassa's Intervention
A more complex budget interaction is Cunning Evasion or Grazilaxx, Illithid Scholar with Yuriko and other Ninjutsu. You keep bouncing Ninjas who are blocked and then Ninjutsu them while still in combat. This is helpful with Yuriko and other Ninjas because they will not always have evasion. Any Ninja who has a trigger when it does combat damage to a player such as Ingenious Infiltrator benefits from being able to be blocked then bounced and then Ninjutsu while still in combat, before combat damage step.
Some other cards to consider adding later on that are a little more expensive price, but still budget:
- Arcane Adaptation: this makes all creatures you control a Ninja as well as a Rogue. This is a powerful effect because then each creature who does combat damage to an opponent triggers Yuriko.
- Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire: it's a Rogue who's boast ability can tutor for any card and put that card on top of your library. You can activate boast at any time after Varragoth is declared as an attacker thus you can set up the top card of your library in combat before Varragoth dies if that is what is going to happen and before you do combat damage to a player.
- Fallen Shinobi: Ninja with a potentially busted trigger when you do combat damage to an opponent, but the power of it depends on what cards you exile from the top of your opponent's library.
Optimator on Kill The Poor
1 year ago
Hoarding Ogre probably isn't good enough to make the cut but it may be worth noting. Same with Hoard Robber
GrimlockVIII on Dungeon of Undeath (Grixis treasure/d20)
1 year ago
Maybe Hoard Robber + Thieves' Tools or some other way to make him evasive can also give you a treasure-based value engine.
|Want (2)||OutlandishMatt , Amaterasu312|