Creature — Human Warrior
Prowess (Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, this creature gets +1/++1 until end of turn.)
, Sacrifice Heartfire Immolator: It deals damage equal to its power to target creature or planeswalker.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Heartfire Immolator Discussion
2 months ago
- Kin-Tree Invocation + Binding the Old Gods - Boneyard Lurker + Infuse with Vitality - Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner + Moritte of the Frost - Incubation / Incongruity + Quandrix Cultivator - Spellheart Chimera + Prismari Command - Final Payment + Humiliate - Zealous Persecution + Killian, Ink Duelist - Kaya, Bane of the Dead + Closing Statement
- Fleshbag Marauder + Brackish Trudge - Blight-Breath Catoblepas + Sheoldred, Whispering One - Audacious Thief + Unwilling Ingredient - Hagra Constrictor + Tergrid, God of Fright Flip - Blood Beckoning + Go Blank - Murder + Poison the Cup - Lazotep Reaver + Umbral Juke - Herald of the Dreadhorde + Feed the Serpent
7 months ago
In re: no good wizards- I have liked using Heartfire Immolator it combos nicely with deathtouch in my Rakdos Party deck. But that wizard you’ve got probably hoses a decent amount of stuff particularly adventures. I want to build something like this, too.
7 months ago
Hey, welcome to the world of spell-slinging! So if you plan on continuing down the aggressive road I would suggest adding more burn spells (spells that deal damage). Probably remove your buff spells because they are just really dangerous to play. Someone could kill the creature you try to target and then your buff spell fizzles out and is useless. Burn spells (like Lightning Bolt) are way better because you can kill a creature, but also deal direct damage if you need to. I really like Relic Amulet, pretty much the only card from Zendikar rising that I actually really liked. but to make it work, you need more instants and sorceries. Plus it looks like you are not playing many wizards. You could go a more instant/sorcery burn heavy deck instead of having lots of creatures (instead you could only play creatures that have trigger abilities for whenever you play spells, sort of like support cards). Like Guttersnipe, Young Pyromancer, and Heartfire Immolator.
the other problem I foresee is your lack of card advantage. Red is so fast that it burns through its resources extremely quickly. You are left with an empty hand in no time at all. I would suggest finding some stability cards. Because You seem to be going the fast damage route, cards like Light Up the Stage, Risk Factor, or Tectonic Reformation.
If you want to go more creatures, perhaps consider going with goblins. Very cheap, easy to play, and there are certain cards that can build you a ravenous army in no time at all.
Hope all this is somewhat useful. I am happy to help if you got any other questions.
9 months ago
I'm running a similar deck on MTGA and I have a few suggestions:
1) I fully agree with above that you should either add 1-2 Brazen Borrower or 1-2 Heartfire Immolator as additional threats. I actually run 2 of both, for a total of 16 threats. I don't know if you've been running hands, but you'll find that you really need a threat in the opener, and at 12 threats you'll have to mulligan often to find one, which hurts your spell density. However, I waffle on Immolator since it doesn't fly.
2) Stern Dismissal should be Unsummon. Again, you're threat-light and this is not a true burn deck, so the option to save your creature and blank removal is more important than bouncing enchantments. I can't think of a deck that really utilizes any Banishing Light type effects and, in that scenario, Unsummoning your own creature can work just as well.
3) You should probably have 4 Spikefield Hazard Flip. It's a great spell against Kroxa and Lurrus decks, which are probably the most popular decks in the meta ATM. It's also very good against Rogues. Being a MDFC really lowers your opportunity cost, especially since the deck doesn't really need turn 1 open mana.
4) I see no reason not to run 4 Shatterskull Smashing Flip. I won't lie that it's an underwhelming removal spell, but being any spell to trigger Riddleform is super important. You have to be the faster deck anyway, and I often can play it tapped since the deck is low on curve.
I also prefer a build with 2x Silundi Vision Flip and 3x Blitz of the Thunder-Raptor over Anticipate and some Crash Through. I really think Anticipate is too slow here. But that's probably up for debate!
9 months ago
gato91, I'll use the full playset of Crash Through. Good call for replacing Soul-Guide Lantern for Tormod's Crypt. I wanted the card draw, but I forgot artifacts can buff prowess. Makes me think about Bone Saw, but that's a more aggressive play. I'll think about Bedlam Reveler, but if I wanted to add it, I'd probably have to take out Chandra, Torch of Defiance. And doing that just augments the trample win condition rather than adding an alternate win condition emblem with some solid loyalty abilities. I'm aware it does slow down the deck for that to happen. I'll try my current list for my next Pioneer matches, and if it's too slow, I know your suggestion will help speed things up.
I never thought of Burning Prophet, but adding two of her in can't be that bad. Not just yet though. If I eventually do, I should take away 4x Abbot of Keral Keep or Heartfire Immolator, add three of her and add an extra Lightning Strike or Light Up the Stage. Does that sound about right? I'll have to play a bit to determine to go full draw or if Heartfire Immolator's sacrifice ability is too good to give up.
Also tempted to put in 3x Spikefield Hazard Flip as a replacement for Sunscorched Desert. Great for 'cycling' my lands for yet another prowess trigger after I have a decent mana base, and it solves my excess colorless mana problem.