Gleam of Authority
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each +1/+1 counter on other creatures you control.
Enchanted creature has vigilance and ", : Bolster 1." (To bolster 1, choose a creature with the least toughness among creatures you control and put a +1/+1 counter on it.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Gleam of Authority Discussion
1 month ago
Nice to see another Breena player. I think you could stand to bring your creature count down to make room for more utility cards, namely draw and removal. Slow cards that require you to tap or pay good chunks of mana for their effects, or inefficient cards that only benefit themselves, one other creature, or are dependent on your opponent doing something, should be the first to go. Cards that have to wait a whole cycle of turns to do anything (i.e "At the beginning of your upkeep" cards) also aren't that great imo.
Bellowing Aegisaur Blightbeetle Bold Plagiarist Dark Impostor sus Fain, the Broker High Sentinels of Arashin Luminarch Aspirant Star Pupil Yahenni, Undying Partisan Utter End Vanishing Verse Citadel Siege Gleam of Authority
I'd consider these to be the worst cards in your deck and easily replaceable for some utility or cards that directly feed into your strategy, which is going wide with tokens and being able to place counters on all of them at once. If a creature only does benefit itself, it should have some kind of pay off for leaving the field since a card like that is likely to get removed once it gets big enough. Bloodtracker is a good example of this, as is Myriad Construct .
1 month ago
Hey there! I have a few suggestions that may be useful to you.
- Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit (puts counters on everything that enters)
- Yawgmoth, Thran Physician (he can allow you to get creature dies triggers, put counters on creatures, and even proliferate the counters)
- Anointed Procession (more tokens)
- Carrion Feeder (a sac outlet to get triggers off of Felisa when you want the tokens, and in response puts counters so you can eventually sac it.)
- Elenda, the Dusk Rose (holy crap the synergy puts counters whenever things die which is often for the Felisa triggers, and eventually can die itself to put out an insane amount of tokens from its ability and Felisa's)
- Ob Nixilis, the Fallen (will generate a ton of tokens for when it dies)
- Ashnod's Altar / Phyrexian Altar : Mana generating sac outlets so you can have Felisa triggers and get mana off of them)
- Cordial Vampire (there are quite a few vampires in the deck and this can allow this creature and other vampires benefit off of when your stuff dies which will be often for Felisa triggers, and by benefit I mean put even more counters to continue the process)
- Dragonscale General (you run a ton of creatures and this can take that and put a ton of counters on everything because of it)
- Gleam of Authority (since you'll be putting a ton of counters on things this can make a huge creature and also give other creatures more counters if necessary). High Sentinels of Arashin is sort of similar.
- Light of the Legion (fun card to use, helps put counters and even puts more when you kill it for tokens)
- Luminarch Aspirant (easy and quick way to get some recurring counters every turn)
There might be some more (I was sifting through the gatherer with a few parameters and found the stuff above, maybe you can find some too! If you want to pick up where I left off, I stopped around halfway through page 2 where Luminarch Aspirant is. Anyway though, hope this helps, be sure to check out some of my decks and drop an upvote if you like them, good luck on your deck, and have a great day! Cheers!
3 months ago
You might like these: Mindless Automaton , Etched Oracle , Crystalline Crawler , Bloodtracker , True Conviction , Dragon Throne of Tarkir , Gleam of Authority , Daru Stinger , High Sentinels of Arashin , Kinsbaile Borderguard
1 year ago
Swilliam I've actually considered Knight of Autumn before because of its flexibility, low mana cost, and aggressive stats, and I'll definitely keep it on my radar. I just worry that it would clash on the curve with Jadelight Ranger and I don't know if that's necessarily worth it. As for Gleam of Authority, I feel like it's more of a win more card. I used to run it in an older version of this deck, and it just ran slow and was often a dead card. As for High Sentinels of Arashin, I just think the cost and the activated ability feel more midrangey whereas this deck is lower on the curve. I cut Shalai, Voice of Plenty for a similar reason. Regardless, thanks for the comment and recommendations!
1 year ago
I also really like Gleam of Authority as an enchantment. I run it in a mono-white pioneer deck I play and it is excellent.
1 year ago
Knight of Autumn is solid in these colors. I am essentially running a mono-white version of this. Gleam of Authority and High Sentinels of Arashin are all-stars in that deck so they would probably work here as well.
1 year ago
You don't have a whole lot putting counters on your creatures, so Gleam of Authority seems like something you could cut as well.
1 year ago
Love this deck, I made a version of it based on the list.
I have found Gleam of Authority underwhelming unless you have managed to get your Cloudfin Raptor up using Thrummingbird . Because most of the enchantments are cheap, if you don't know you have Celestial Ancient coming up it's hard to justify keeping stuff like Ordeal of Thassa and Favorable Winds in the hand to activate the triggered effect of Ancient later on. However usually if you get get some proliferation from Thrummingbird + Collective Effort , you have a viable bird army by T3 or T4.
In the 1-drop slot I swapped Faerie Seer for Healer's Hawk . I have been thinking of adding Sky Tether as basically a 1 mana Pacifism for removal. Blessed Spirits also rounds out the curve nicely and fits right in with the theme. I happened to have a Starfield Mystic which also dovetails nicely. I found Gird for Battle as a nice mana sink on T3 or T4 to get the proliferation / boosts for High Sentinels of Arashin if you have any "naked" creatures. To boost card draw, one could also add Winged Words and/or Curiosity / Curious Obsession which would get more enchantments in the hand. Invocation of Saint Traft is also a great combo with Cloudfin Raptor . Finally, Eidolon of Countless Battles can be a nice T4 bomb, boosting up one of your smaller flyers.
I know a lot of those changes make it a little less budget, but we're still talking like <$15 here.