Flames of the Raze-Boar
Flames of the Raze-Boar deals 4 damage to target creature an opponent controls. Then Flames of the Raze-Boar deals 2 damage to each other creature that player controls if you control a creature with power 4 or greater.
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Flames of the Raze-Boar Discussion
1 year ago
A couple thoughts :) Hopefully some tickle your fancy, and fit your budget.
We probably should drill down to the important creatures, and really weigh which ones have the best impact / best efficiency and cut the others. We need to focus on the mana curve, too, to keep the deck running efficiently. And of course, that means control, too.
- Ilharg, the Raze-Boar is amazing, but due to it's high cost, is perfect at 2x copies. Every other creature on this list should really have good synergy with it.
- Dreadhorde Butcher , I believe, is going to wreck. It has a reasonable floor and an ultra high ceiling. With the haste, low CMC, and death trigger, it will always have value. I see 4x copies easily.
- Etali, Primal Storm is great, particularly when paired with the Raze-Boar. However, this should be the very tip top of your aggro curve, and probably should be at 1x copy.
- Grim Initiate is the beginning of your curve, and has good value for a one drop. Run 4x. The fact that it can replace itself and consistently keep the pressure is gold.
- Dreadmalkin is a kitty. Kitties are great, and so is this one. The sacrificing ability is great even in the late game. However, you'll have to sink a lot of mana into this. A possibly better replace is Diregraf Ghoul but ain't bad!
- Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin is a three drop, and you don't have any of those. He pairs excellently with the Raze-Boar, too!
- Massacre Girl might work soooo well here as a 1x copy. Not entirely sure, but it'll be hilariously fun lol
- Lava Coil , Bedevil , Cast Down , or Jaya's Greeting are incredibly efficient and will work a lot faster than Flames of the Raze-Boar . Specifically Bedevil, which is just an insane card.
- Costly Plunder or Tormenting Voice just cause card draw in an aggro deck is critical to not running out of gas.
- Angrath's Rampage is gonna be a staple sideboard card. Not always relevant, so I wouldn't run it MB
- Hilariously, Tibalt, Rakish Instigator might be able to find it's way here.
Anyway, just a few thoughts. Basically vomited a bunch of cards, so I apologize if they're not the best suggestions xP
1 year ago
I am usually pretty good at figuring out which colors I should go with when assessing a limited pool, but this group of cards has me a bit puzzled. I have created 3 deck ideas and was wondering if you all could help me with determining which one would be the best option.
Temur Deck running 17 lands
The idea with this deck is to play bigger 4-6 drop threats and us the adapt mechanic along with the Bolrac-Clan Crusher to remove the counters and use them for direct damage. This deck is running the following guildgates for the colossus and mana fixing: x2 Radkos, x2 Gruul, x1 Simic, x1 Gateway Plaza. My concern with this deck is that I can get overwhelmed fast and not be able to catch back up.
Radkos #1 running 17 lands
Move into a Radkos build so I can more consistently use Theater of Horrors when I draw it. This may also allow me to use Skewer the Critics for the spectacle cost more often. I have x3 Goblin Gathering , but worried that this card is not going to be what I am hoping it to be. I kept the radkos GG, gruul GG, and gateway plaze in to allow for me to run the colossus still. Should I take out Flames of the Raze-Boar out of this build since I only have the colossus that is true 4 powered creature?
Radkos #2 running 16 lands
I dropped the colossus, but I am still running x2 Radkos guildgates. I added Ill-Gotten Inheritance , Orzhov Racketeers , and Vizkopa Vampire in place of the Colossus, x1 land, and Flames of the Raze-Boar .
I am thinking that the temur deck will be more interactive and has the bigger creature threats, but the radkos builds will provide me with more consistency. I wish there was a way I could try these two decks out first before starting the tournament...lol. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!