Creature — Dwarf Soldier
Sacrifice Duergar Assailant: Duergar Assailant deals 1 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Duergar Assailant Discussion
2 years ago
3 years ago
I like the idea a lot. I recommend taking out 5 cards to take it down to 60 cards so you have a bigger chance of drawing the right cards (Emrakul's Hatcher and some of the enchantments aren't great here imo.)
With your current land-base you might get manascrewed pretty often so lands that give multiple colors of mana would be great. Painted Bluffs and Rupture Spire both slow you down quite a bit, they're not very good. Jungle Shrine is better, enters tapped but mana of any color you need after that. Tranquil Expanse, Timber Gorge and Stone Quarry all work too.
Looking forward to updates!
4 years ago
While Double Cleave is an instant, you might consider running Assault Strobe because it costs half as much. Also consider running Mogg Fanatic over Duergar Assailant. I know you want to be running as many R/W spells as possible, but these suggestions are what came to mind.
4 years ago
Going wide in Boros? Soldier tribal? I'll suggest some cards to cut in your current list. Keep in mind these are suggestions and I don't expect you to accept them without thinking (saying regarding the battleshaper particularly; he's more okay than the others).
These cards are generally too small scale to make a difference. You need to be thinking larger scale than this.
- Bomber Corps
- Boros Battleshaper (very expensive, can be played around by opponent)
- Boros Elite
- Conclave Phalanx (expensive, one-time ETB)
- Duergar Assailant
- Razia, Boros Archangel (incredibly expensive for her effectiveness; you are likely to not be able to play her when she'd matter)
- First Response (small effect, controlled by opponent actions)
- Boros Cluestone (much better alternatives exist for <50 cents)
- Captain's Call
- Even the Odds (small, controlled by opponents - note because of the phrasing, you likely can't use it at all when some low creature decks are present)
- Raise the Alarm
There are some other iffy ones but seems like a good start.
At base, I'd look to increase boardwipes a lot. Should have at least four. A fast Boros deck throws threats at the board fast; it should be able to recover from a boardwipe quickly. If someone is actually faster, you can open with a cheap boardwipe on T3-5 and THEN start playing the real threats, letting everyone's Llanowar Elves and Serra Ascendants bite the dust.