Consign to Dust
Strive — This spell costs more to cast for each target beyond the first.
Destroy any number of target artifacts and/or enchantments.
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Consign to Dust occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Consign to Dust Discussion
1 week ago
- Sakura-Tribe Scout probably isnt amazing her based on your land count.
- Soul's Fire seems like a win more card that we dont need. Plasm Capture is kinda hard to cast and its hard to have 4 open mana all the time consider cutting it. Growth Spiral we arent running a lot of lands, we have been utilizing creature ramp as a way to get up there. Porbably better cards.
- Chord of Calling is amazing its also getting a reprint so the price might drop.
- Broken Bond and Consign to Dust are ok. Theres better removal they are more spendy. If your running into artifacts or enchantments its not the worst card.
- You have 3 blue mana sources so we either need to cut blue out completely or re think your mana base. There is also like 3 or 4 red cards in the deck in total so the same sort of logic applies.
- The arbor elf utpoia sprawl combo is pretty good, but if you go that route your gonna want 4x of each just to make sure you hit it.
- IF we go mono green we lose two colors, but gain the perfect mana base which helps with consistency. After we make decisions on what colors we are in then we can short out the mana base, and fine tune parts of the deck within the budget.
6 months ago
Depends on how often you have 4+ mana just chilling out. I've long since cut Return to Dust in favor of Crush Contraband because the odds of me not having 2 viable targets for the 4cmc is super rare. The downgrade to sorcery speed for RtD for the full effect has proven brutal. Sometimes you need to get rid of something on a turn other than yours, and paying 4 mana for a single target is one of the worst feelings in the game, because of the time restriction.
I don't envision the 2nd mode for Heliod's Intervention to be played often, but it should serve as a better option than RtD if you're not running against a ton of artifact recursion. It's also flexible as a removal spell for 3cmc or more than than 2 targets with 3cmc+. Solid option all around. Should be noted as well that it's hilariously better than what green gets in Consign to Dust
8 months ago
Hey, Eladamri's Call is one of the best creature tutors in Commander and it's budget. It could replace Gaea's Touch . Command Tower is one of the best lands for multicolored decks. It could replace Selesnya Guildgate or comparable price Sungrass Prairie . King of the Pride is a Cat lord and it could replace Cleansing Ray .
Beast Within is a versatile instant removal spell. It could replace Consign to Dust . Metallic Mimic could be cut to clear $7+ to help the manabase. Sunpetal Grove , Ash Barrens , Naya Panorama , Fortified Village , Scattered Groves , Rogue's Passage . Mimic isn't worth $7 unless you're comboing with it which you're not doing here. Good luck with your deck.
1 year ago
So personally my issue when I was looking at the precon is that part of the deck focuses on getting lands into play fast, for that aspect of "lands matter" and the other portion focuses on discarding and trying to get lands into the graveyard. From what I can see, you are focusing on getting lands into play as much as possible and to have a few ways to get lands from grave to the field. Heavy landfall based. Shattering Spree in my opinion is way better than Consign to Dust. So cards that put lands into the grave or are focused about putting cards into the grave is actually going against 90% of your deck, Worm Harvest is a great card but the only thing that puts lands into your graveyard is your commander and your commander himself is going against 90% of your deck. Sure you have so many ways that discarding a land every turn, you should still have a land to drop every turn because of the amount of sorceries you have that give you lands. Therefore the Worm the majority of the time will be pretty meh, other times will be great, and then occasionally be a dead card. Back to Nature is also better than Consign to Dust. Simply taking out Worm Harvest for the Back to Nature would be better. You also lack draw. Your whole plan is to get your commander out so you can have a constant stream of cards, but if you ever get targeted, or your commander gets killed over and over. You will run out of cards and you will have nothing. Also why aren't you running the other omnath?
2 years ago
I will look at taking out Crucible of Fire for Quicksilver Amulet and Broodmate Dragon for Scalelord Reckoner. they shouldn't affect too much except adding some more white, which I think my current mana base can handle. Would Consign to Dust and/or Primeval Light suffice for enchantment/artifact hate? I know one is slow, but I would love you thoughts on these.
I feel like Steel Hellkite Siege Dragon Forgestoker Dragon Ryusei, the Falling Star Scourge of Valkas Deathbringer Regent Silumgar, the Drifting Death and Dragon Tempest give me a lot of pseudo wipes. I was looking to Merciless Eviction at some point because Indestructable is always a problem.
With all the ramp I have, Dragonstorm has been a game ender with Dragon Tempest and/or Ramos, Dragon Engine. I usually grab Scourge of Valkas, Broodmate Dragon, and whoever else I need for the situation. Usually it storms 3 times.
I would love a Bloodstained Mire, Wooded Foothills and Verdant Catacombs. Right now I'm running Rocky Tar Pit, Mountain Valley, and Bad River for budget reasons. I also want to put it a Cavern of Souls for Ancient Ziggurat
Into the Wilds really ramps! That is awesome, thank you for telling me!
You definitely seem more experienced then me so I hope keep bouncing ideas back and forth. This is SUPER helpful!
3 years ago
Great deck! The idea is really interesting and looks really fun to play! :)
Here are a few suggestions:
- I really think you need to go all in on the Ancient Stirrings playset, as finding your Liquidmetal coatings effects are crucial to your strategy.
- Avoid Fate (yes, its modern legal xD) is an interesting option for the sideboard, when people bring in all the artifact hate, and you can also dodge a few Bolts hehe.
- Consign to Dust is an insteresting late game option!
- Viridian Corrupter actually forces you to destroy an artifact, and that can fireback when you just want a creature... Maybe Reclamation Sage is less unforgiven in that regard? Or maybe just Glissa Sunseeker for the repeatable effect (works perfectly on lands)!
- I think you dont have enought creatures, but Nullmage Shepherd is a very cool card here!
- Psychogenic Probe does a good job punishing fetch lands and other uncool searching stuff :)
3 years ago
If you want more suggestions, here are some more:
Since you don't have too many Arcane cards in general, I'd recommend taking out all of them and replacing them with cards that work better in general.