Planeswalker — Chandra
symbol:oyalty-plus1: Chandra Nalaar deals 1 damage to target player.
-X: Chandra Nalaar deals X damage to target creature.
-8: Chandra Nalaar deals 10 damage to target player and each creature they control.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Chandra Nalaar Discussion
6 months ago
11 months ago
That's a bit of a stretch. I'll admit I'm not 100% on the lore, but even if he survived, He gave up his Planeswalker abilities in pursuit of becoming a God. There wouldn't be any outward reason or way he could make it to Zendikar. A third return to Theros maybe, but not Zendikar.
1 year ago
Introducing the synonyms/nicknames system to alleviate all those "wtf was that one land of that one cycle named?" problems that plague you.
This system is simple. It is designed to redirect terms that you typed out that match a synonym/nickname of a card, to that card name. This lets you never have to remember the name "Seachrome Coast" and can instead just type out "WU Fastland" (as an example). Note that this only works in text edit entries on deck lists and inventory, not the live edit or the card search forms.
There is a lot of other things that are utilised here as well.
- Godzilla Names
- Non-American Spellings
- Common Nicknames
- Common Misspellings
- Redirections of Misspelled Submissions
- Each side of a split card as a synonym (unless they already exist as a card).
Not needing to know the name of each card in a land/artifact cycle is a big boon, but you still need to know the nickname of that cycle and the syntax. For lands/mana rocks/the swords of X and Y at the present moment it is always "XY Nickname" or "YX Nickname". Examples:
- WU Fastland
- GR BFZ
- GW ABUR Dual Land
- BW Fetch
For 2 colour lands, it is always the two colour letters, followed by the nickname, and then followed by the option to have the world land either connected to the nickname or not. (these are all viable options for example: "WU Fast", "UW Fastland", "UW Fast Land".) For 3 colour lands, it is only the primary order of colour letters you see on cards, or the Alara/Khans name. (WUB Lair, Mardu Triome as examples.) Swords and other artifact cycles follow the same setup (though swords can also be "Sword of GB" or "Sword of G and B"), and mono colour land cycles use the same setup just with only one letter. Note that none of these are plural, so don't put that s in. Colourless cards that are a part of a cycle use C/Colorless/Colourless.
Some of these cycles don't have well defined names yet (like BBD) and some of these cycles have had too many names that people constantly fight over so there was no point in bothering to put them all in and instead I just used the TLA (specifically BFZ).
The primary purpose of this is to make the ability to tag cards and edit decks/inventory far more robust than what it has been. Tappedout doesn't presently have a spellchecker, and to be fair most sites don't. It's not an easy feature to implement. So with this synonyms/nicknames feature, we can alleviate some of those aggravations of misspellings or different ways to spell a word by making them valid targets and redirecting them to the right card name. Another benefit of this is the ability to give cards shorthands or nicknames when the community largely doesn't remember the actual name of a card, just their shorthand. We have all been hit with "wtf is that land's name again?" when we know for a fact that it's just "the blue and white shadows over innistrad reveal land". This saves the step of having to open up a search engine to figure out the card name, and in general speeds up and makes the process of building decks and inventory, a lot more enjoyable.
Cycles that currently have nicknames: Show
- ABUR Duals as ABUR/Duals/ABUR Duals
- MDR Artifact Lands as Artifact Lands
- AKH Bike Lands as Bikes/Bicycles/Bicyclings/Cycle Lands/Cycling Lands
- BBD+CMR lands as Bond/Battle Lands
- BFZ Lands as BFZ/BFZ Lands
- SHM/EVE Lands as Filters
- RAV Guildhalls as Guildhalls
- VIS Karoos as Karoos/Bouncelands
- RAV Karoos as Karoos/Bouncelands
- MH1 Lands as Horizons/Canopy Lands
- Pathways as Pathways/MDFCs
- SOI Lands as SOI Lands/Reveal Lands
- Swords of X and Y as XY Swords/Swords of XY/Swords of X and Y
- Temples as Temples/Scrylands
- Thrivings as Thrives/Thrivings
- IKO Triomes as Triomes/Tricycles/Cycles/Cyclings
A lot of the cycle synonyms are meant to intuitive and robust so that you won't even have to think about knowing what the exact written synonym actually is and still be able to get it right on the first try, though it will take time to reach a point in which this is 100% true. As an example of scope, each recognized nickname for a cycle creates 6 entries for each given card in that cycle. So the AKH lands have 30 entries for each card in that cycle, resulting in a total of 150 entries. The Triomes have the same amount, but if I were to add each individual string combination of the colour letters (WUB, BUW, WBU etc) then that count would increase by 45 for each entry, resulting 75 entries for each one, totalling at 375 entries for the whole cycle.
Nicknames will usually be things like "Snappy", "Bolt", "Path", "Bob", "FoW", etc. They are to be commonly used by the larger community as a whole, not what your FNM/play group exclusively uses (though this isn't a hard set in stone as I'm not omniscient).
Here's a list of nicknames that I have. Show
- Aether Vial: Vial
- Aetherflux Reservoir: Dome Dome
- Assassin's Trophy: Ass Trophy
- Birds of Paradise: Birds, BoP
- Bloodbraid Elf: BBE
- Brimstone Trebuchet: Bucket
- Cavalcade of Calamity: Cavalcade
- Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh Flip: Baby Chandra
- Chandra Nalaar: Zippotricks McEdgelord
- Charming Prince: Prince Charming
- Collected Company: CoCo
- Dark Confidant: Bob
- Dark Ritual: Rit
- Demonic Tutor: DT
- Dig Through Time: DTT
- Eternal Witness: E-Wit, E-Witness
- Explosive Vegetation: Explosive Veggies
- Field of Ruin: FoR
- Force of Will: FoW
- Ghost Quarter: GC
- Gilded Goose: Goose
- Giver of Runes: Mommy, Stepmom
- Goblin Charbelcher: Belcher, Charbelcher
- Grave Titan: Gravy Train
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel: Gary
- Griselbrand: Grizzy B
- Hypnotic Specter: Hippie
- Inquisition of Kozilek: IoK
- Jace, Cunning Castaway: Sexy Jace
- Jace, the Mindsculptor: Jace, JtMS
- Jace, Wielder of Mysteries: Lab Jace,
- Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip: Literal Actual Baby Jace
- Jace Beleren: Party Jace
- Karn Liberated: Karn
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker: Kiki, Kiki Jiki, Mirror Breaker
- Kitchen Finks: Finks
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip: Baby Gideon, Baby Gids
- Laboratory Maniac: Lab Man, Lab Maniac
- Life from the Loam: Loam
- Lightning Bolt: Bolt
- Lightning Helix: Helix
- Lightning Strike: Strike
- Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip: Baby Lili
- Liliana, the Last Hope: Last Hope
- Liliana of the Veil: Lili, LotV
- Lion's Eye Diamond: LED
- Llanowar Elves: Dork, Elf
- Mother of Runes: Mom
- Necropotence: Necro
- Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip: Baby Nissa
- Oblivion Ring: O-Ring
- Oko, Thief of Crowns: Oko
- Path to Exile: Path, PtE
- Pia and Kiran Nalaar: Chandra's Parents, Mom and Dad, Ma and Pa, Pia and Kiran, Parents
- Pia Nalaar: Chandra's Mom, Pia
- Primeval Titan: Prime Time
- Prodigal Sorcerer: Tim
- Sakura-Tribe Elder: STE, Steve
- Savage Punch: Bear Punch
- Scalding Tarn: Tarn
- Scavenging Ooze: Scooze
- Sensei's Divining Top: Top
- Settle the Wreckage: Settle
- Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon: Skittles
- Smuggler's Copter: Copter, Thopter Copter
- Snapcaster Mage: Snapcaster, Snappy
- Solemn Simulacrum: Sad Robot
- Sorin, Solemn Visitor: Sad Sorin
- Splinter Twin: Twin
- Swords to Plowshares: Swords
- Tarmogoyf: Goyf, Goyfy, Tarmo
- Tectonic Edge: Tec Edge, TecEdge
- Teferi, Hero of Dominaria: 5feri, T5feri
- Teferi, Time Raveler: 3feri, T3feri
- The Gitrog Monster: Gitrog, HypnoToad, Hypno Toad
- Thing in the Ice Flip: Titi
- Torrential Gearhulk: Fatcaster
- True-Name Nemesis: TNM, TNN, True-Name
- Ugin, the Spirit Dragon: Eugene, Ugin
- Wrenn and Six: W6, Wand6, Wn6
I have about 200+ cards of non-American spellings added as synonyms in this site, however I'm certain there's like, 5x that much I've missed. If you notice a non-american spelling I do not have in, let me know.
Here's a list of things that is in the works to do. Show
- All triple coloured land cycles (triomes, lairs, trilands) to have an entry for each of their letter combinations. (Example, bant lands would have WUG, GUW, WGU, GWU, UGW, UWG.)
- All dual coloured land cycles will have the ravnican guild names to replace the two colours as an option.
- All land cycles will have the TLA as an option to replace the nickname.
- All land cycles to have "Nickname XY" format.
- More non-american spellings.
- More common misspellings.
- Cards that have or do not have the word "and", to have a synonym of the opposite.
- Synonym that is a version of the card name but without punctuation.
- Nicknames of all the cards with commas that ignores everything past the comma, provided that it is unique.
- Fringe/old land cycles.
- A lot of mana rock cycles.
A card can have any number of synonyms/nicknames. But only one synonym/nickname can be tied to a card. So if a new card/land cycle gets printed that has covers a misspelling (like an UNcard might) or has that nickname as it's actual card name, those synonyms will get removed (as an example, Snapcaster Mage cannot have Snap as a nickname). We are also looking to limit the amount of times a synonym has to get removed so nicknames of cards during their presence in the standard formats are not likely to be put in, as they become forgotten or even re-used when they rotate out. These are also done manually so sometimes a change might just take a while to do if it encompasses a large number of cards or a large number of synonyms.. We also won't be going through alternate language as possible synonyms because WotC doesn't nearly double check duplicate card names for foreign languages as well as they do for English cards.
This is not something on the card submission form, so it is not available to edit for any user.
If you know of something missing like common misspellings or common non-American spellings that will be needed, or cycle syntaxes that you tried to use but didn't work, post them here and I'll review them for possible inclusion in the future.
EDIT: Before you ask for a nickname etc to be added:
- Check if it exists first by trying it out.
- Check if the larger community recognizes it, this is done by going around discords, lgs' and other forums about that nickname.
- Check if it has any nsfw, discriminatory or derogatory terminology, we straight up will not allow these.
This isn't a system for your pet nickname that your local playgroup uses. This is a system that can utilize nicknames that naturally grew organically out of continued use from the larger mtg community as a whole. This isn't a "which nicknames do you think this system could use" but rather "which nicknames that are used across the world that we have missed".
EDIT EDIT: Recent discoveries had been made with this system, one that is a pretty big limitation. If a card name is containing any form of punctuation, no synonyms or mispellings will work as the system replaces all punctuation and spaces with a dash, just like our url slugs do. So if there's a mispelling of something with a comma in its name I can't do anything about that.
1 year ago
If you put the mutate creature card on top of the planeswalker then it will stay a creature after the turn ends. If you put it below then it will go back to being a planeswalker. Note that Sarkhan's ability will still apply, so until the turn ends it will still be a 4/4 dragon, regardless of the mutate card's characteristics. You'll be able to activate the loyalty abilities.
A "merged" creature (that's the official rules term for it) has the characteristics of whatever is on top of the pile plus the abilities of everything below it. That means if you put Pouncing Shoreshark on top of a Chandra Nalaar, it will be a 4/3 blue shark named "Pouncing Shoreshark" with the Shoreshark's abilities and all of Chandra's loyalty abilities, and if you put it below Chandra it will be a red (non-creature) planeswalker named "Chandra Nalaar" with all the loyalty abilities plus the Shoreshark's abilities.
1 year ago
1 year ago
I'm not sure she's really "creating life out of fire." Chandra's Spitfire and Chandra's Phoenix seems to be more like flames shaped into temporary recognizable forms, similar to (maybe just my interpretation of) Master of Waves 's tokens being water temporarily given form. Chandra was introduced in the Lorwyn block, but did she ever come into contact with flamekin?
2 years ago
@cdkime: & the Yin & Yang have met again (Yeah, I referred to you as one of those & me as the other. & I apologize for even that.)
Yeah, Those quotes were from that section of the franchise. Really hard to believe it's almost 9 (At least the anime first aired in Nippon in 2011.)
But, back to damn business. I was just showing what updates I plan to do in the future, although I think I already went too far on that; as per usual. Quite astounding I've yet to even upgrade my whole account; but the reasons why is almost like me believing Kiran Nalaar ("Deceased" Father to Chandra Nalaar ) might actually be alive, yet Chandra, staying back in Ravnica will never realize otherwise.
No really though, How good is Archidekt? If this hell keeps up from me, I'd have to use that for my stuff as a reserve. It's ironic I have standards w/ Morophon, the Boundless . Maybe I should place it somewhere else; I mean it's technically 5c; better make use w/ the whole damn Pie.
That said, I'm still grinding out on what I still have to make though here. & yes, I'm making that Vorthos Deck after nobody was able to notice that simple thing. & I'm going to upgrade myself for damn sure. When all depends of how well my dad's car will be fixed (Hey, family is important too! Don't be a fool & have all the audacity to oppose them.)
As for Morophon, I'll keep these rules in this post in case one still cares; you might as well do what you intended to do in the first place anyways:
- Popular tribes I will always say no to.
- If any Creature Type is missing even one color of the pie, it's out. 3.Tribe Leaders for already existing tribes means those tribes are out also.
- Eldrazi = OMITTED. The Tribe must have a good balance of all five colors, & one Eldrazi is meaningless.
- Be original! Think of a tribe that is underrated, & is good!
- Secondary Types are allowed, but remember to use a right balance of creatures of such design; this is why JoshLeeKwai was the first out in GameKnights Ep 27.
As for the other quote, it was literally stated by the same Madoka Kaname as the other. But, at least you now know several other personality traits of mine: Stress in so much of my adult life, Introversion, low Self Esteem, But considering you still believe my current Mana Combo is , & a possible third of mine is , where does this all lead as a color identity of mine still I question where even your Azorius identity seems to always stay intact?
I'm Ponder ing this as I give you the right to edit whatever means necessary. Deadly interested in the NETFLIX Series coming soon though; even if The World disagrees...
2 years ago
I don't think a deck, that's both agressive and runs no more than 20 lands (and 65 cards, which I also don't recommend), wants to have 5 drops.