Creature — Snake
Myriad (Whenever this creature attacks, for each opponent other than defending player, you may put a token that's a copy of this creature onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that player or a planeswalker he or she controls. Exile the token at the end of combat.)
Whenever Broodbirth Viper deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Broodbirth Viper occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Broodbirth Viper Discussion
3 months ago
Here's a snake I had never seen before Broodbirth Viper
6 months ago
Lightning Runner could be good here? If you copy it you could also get infinite combo steps.
Also Broodbirth Viper is extremely strong.
11 months ago
i would drop these:
Arbor Colossus Broodbirth Viper Caller of the Pack Chameleon Colossus Great Oak Guardian Joraga Treespeaker Thelonite Hermit Viridian Shaman Orochi Hatchery Verdant Confluence Arachnogenesis Mystic Snake
put these in there places: Collector Ouphe - i have one you can have it Fertilid Awakening Zone Fungal Sprouting Zameck Guildmage Rishkar's Expertise Walking Ballista Master Biomancer Farhaven Elf Mindless Automaton Kalonian Hydra Cultivate
1 year ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help. If one of your first Commander decks well done.
Consider more cards that can help blue devotion, give you value when your creatures are unblockable or be upgrades for cards here? Budget cards ($4 or less each) to consider adding:
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir : counts for three devotion, flash in your creatures including Thassa and prevent your opponents from casting cards at instant speed.
- Tempest Djinn : counts for three devotion, flying and gets more power as you play more Islands.
- Bident of Thassa : draw a lot of cards with unblockable creatures or flying creatures.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best enchantments for repeatable draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Mirage Mirror : good with Willbreaker , repeatable source of targeting, target an opponent creature for 2 mana to steal it while also making Mirror a copy of that creature until EOT.
- Retreat to Coralhelm : good with Willbreaker, repeatable no mana cost source of targeting an opponent's creature on your turn as long as you can play a land.
- High Tide
- Frantic Search
- Blue Sun's Zenith
- Thada Adel, Acquisitor
- Surrakar Spellblade
- Silent Submersible
- Broodbirth Viper : draw with myriad.
- Curious Obsession
- Ophidian Eye
- Sower of Temptation
- Roil Elemental : counts for three devotion, steal an opponents creature just by playing a land.
If you like some of these suggestions I offer more help to make cuts. Good luck with your deck.
2 years ago
Cool deck! Here are a few ideas, what do you think?
Tokens : Broodbirth Viper, Warchief Giant, Crush of Tentacles, Precursor Golem, Gold-Forge Garrison, Rite of the Raging Storm, Metallurgic Summonings. Copy : Infinite Reflection, Mirror Mockery, Flameshadow Conjuring. Payoffs : Inferno Titan
I am a bit concerned about CA/QA, what about Combustible Gearhulk, Sensei's Divining Top, Padeem, Consul of Innovation, Mystic Confluence or Sai, Master Thopterist? Also, you did not include any counterspell?
2 years ago
Broodbirth Viper makes tokens that you can sac, and draws you cards when it deals damage.
2 years ago
Sorry, I didn't look at the mana base. Good call. Still that seems too little. Maybe some natural token generators like Broodbirth Viper is good for this. It's a pretty strong body that draws cards, and you can sac the tokens at the end of combat. Maybe Efficient Construction, if you think you have enough artifacts. Metallurgic Summonings already generates powerful enough bodies but you can counter a spell and sac the token for a huge thing. Mirror Mockery and a little clever politics could go a long way. Maybe Stolen Identity on a fattie. Could be pretty scary. Summoner's Bane is like an Essence Scatter on a stick.
2 years ago
hookedonkronix: Thanks again for the good advice. I do already have an Ohran Viper and a Broodbirth Viper in the deck. I just acquired a Thunderfoot Baloth and am seriously considering it for here. And One with Nature sounds hilariously awesome...for me. I thought about Caller of the Pack, but decided to go with something that had more utility. I like it's beefiness, trample, and myriad, but I wanted more than just a body on the field.