As Auntie's Hovel enters the battlefield, you may reveal a Goblin card from your hand. If you don't, Auntie's Hovel enters the battlefield tapped.
Tap: Add (Black) or (Red) to your mana pool.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Auntie's Hovel Discussion
1 month ago
You miss Devastating Summons. I've been playing this deck also in major tournaments, and this combo Summons + Whacker is the main kill of the deck. I would not play less than 3 Summons.
As you splash black, you have a all-indicated companion to play : Lurrus of the Dream-Den.
Your land choice are not the best clearly. I would recommend to play Auntie's Hovel, Blood Crypt and Blackcleave Cliffs alongside basic mountains. For budget issue, replace cliffs by your Unclaimed Territory why not, but do not play Dragonskull Summit because you have many non-mountain lands.
I am unsure about Munitions Expert and Light Up the Stage. The expert is situational and needs conditions, while the sorcery spell is not triggered before combat so it slows down our main plan. Since we play black, I wonder me if a Thoughtseize effect would not be better for not being disrupted in our game plan which allows at our opponent to play. The question would be Thoughtseize or Inquisition of Kozilek ?
Finally, I am happy to see no Burning-Tree Emissary as they are bad with Goblin Bushwhacker. In my opinion, they are great when we play Manamorphose to fix mana issue as well as digging for the combo.
In sideboard, I think that you want some Fatal Push to defend yourself against Kor Firewalker etc, Thoughtseize effect against combo, some graveyard answers like Nihil Spellbomb which can be recast with Lurrus, some anti-Chalice of the Void like Smash to Smithereens.
I will start with a list like that : (18 lands) 4 Auntie's hovel, 4 Blood crypt, 4 Blackcleave cliffs, 2 Bloodstained mire, 4 Mountains. // (28 creatures) 4 Goblin guide, 4 Foundry street denizen, 4 Mogg fanatic, 4 SPike jester, 4 Legion loyalist, 8 Bushwhackers. // (14 spells) 4 Lightning bolt, 4 Goblin grenade, 3 Devastating summons, 3 Inquisition of Kozilek or Thoughtseize (meta call). // Sideboard: Lurrus of the dream-den, 4 Fatal push, 2 Thoughtseize, 4 Nihil spellbomb, 4 Smash to smithereens.
I hope I would help you fellow goblin ! What do you think about all that ? :)
5 months ago
Welcome to Commander!
First, your goblin deck is illegal; you cannot play Alesha, Who Smiles at Death in Rakdos because she has white in her color identity.
Second, your mana base could use an upgrade. Command Tower , Blood Crypt , Dragonskull Summit , Tainted Peak , Auntie's Hovel , Castle Embereth , Foreboding Ruins , Graven Cairns , Luxury Suite , Myriad Landscape , Smoldering Marsh , and Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle are all worth looking into for this color combination.
Hope this helps, happy building!
7 months ago
- Not sure what your budget is but here are cards I would recommend:
- For starts Id get black in your board it helps a lot beacuse: Sling-Gang Lieutenant and Munitions Expert are amazing
- I would put in 1 (max 2) Krenko, Mob Boss when it lands it accelerates hard
- Goblin Ringleader a play set is 1$ and helps the deck a lot.
- Pashalik Mons can help the deck for when your small goblins die, I would run 1
- Goblin Warchief seems amazing
- Goblin Matron lets you find the perfect goblin always
- Goblin Chieftain typically lords (+1/+1 to a creature type) is an auto 4 of. However if you are more mid-range comboy then dont have as many
- Mogg War Marshal the echo seems really bad at first but then you have death triggers which is free damage so its good id have 4
- Goblin Piledriver Gets very big and blue creatures cannot block it, and cannot be targeted by blue bounce spells. (can still be countered though :( )
- Goblin Cratermaker is a goblin that is cheap removal
- Skirk Prospector lets you play big goblins sooner. Can also synergize well with cards being there is the death trigger. You could swing for 10 then sac 10 goblins draining them for 10, which kills them with 10 power on the board.
- Mogg Fanatic is a oldy but goody, Its worth considering 1.
- Tarfire if you want to be memey this technically counts as a goblin (which means you can search for it as if it was a goblin even though its an instant).
- Aether Vial is a big money card but sooooo much fun
- Auntie's Hovel helps your mana base and so does Cavern of Souls id play 4 of each with unlimited money
- Bloodstained Mire is great it filters and can find Blood Crypt I would then run 4 mountains and one swamp. You want to run about 22 lands here no less then 21. Generally for deck construction going below 19 lands is a bad idea (minus a few combo decks, but they run a lot of blue filter cards).
- Blood Moon is a funny card to run
- Goblin Chainwhirler can be fun as well
- If artifacts are a problem then play Goblin Trashmaster
- Black also gets you Earwig Squad
- Another way to build it would be like this: OmniGoblin which is a combo kinda deck
8 months ago
In addition to what said, another thing that is mildly relevant is that Goblin Matron , Goblin Recruiter , and Boggart Harbinger can all tutor Boggart Birth Rite , and it is relevant to Sensation Gorger , Auntie's Hovel , and Goblin Ringleader .
A bit of redundancy is pretty good.
1 year ago
Even the Rakdos manabase can be build on a budget with Auntie's Hovel .
1 year ago
really like the idea of the of deck and if you use the changlings to there fullest try out the tribal lands from lorwin block here they are and they i think a fun way of showing off everything tribal Flamekin Village , Primal Beyond , Murmuring Bosk , Ancient Amphitheater , Gilt-Leaf Palace , Auntie's Hovel , Secluded Glen , Wanderwine Hub , and Rustic Clachan
1 year ago
1 year ago
Welcome to TribalMattersMTG, I am A-fish-ionado and I love to discuss all that matters to tribal decks. I have been playing since Innistrad and I mostly play Commander (EDH), Modern, Legacy and Arena Standard.
Whether you were looking for the hidden Secluded Glen for your Faerie Conclave , your Auntie's Hovel , the secret Gilt-Leaf Palace or the Wanderwine Hub , you'll find it here! Whatever your tribe this is your Mutavault for all things Tribal.