Artifact Creature — Construct
When Armory Automaton enters the battlefield or attacks, you may attach any number of target Equipment to it. (Control of the Equipment doesn't change.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Armory Automaton Discussion
4 months ago
I see you have Sword of the Animist already. Awesome! I also use Terrain Generator and Lotus Field in my Nahiri equipment deck for additional non-artifact ramp. It works really well. I've also been known to Settle the Wreckage several of my own tokens after moving the equipment to another creature like Balan, Armory Automaton , or Heavenly Blademaster . I've gotten 6 lands before on a single turn doing this! Also, I know you said you didn't want to run rocks but so many people don't know that Inspiring Statuary is ridiculously strong in equipment decks. Basically it turns all of your equipment into mana rocks! Windbrisk Heights is also another land-based way of cheating out a high mana cost card.
My deck if you're curious: Pure Nahiri
10 months ago
Cards I’d cut:
Basilisk Collar - You don’t need deathtouch and your other lifelink equipment are more desirable.
Helm of the Host - Creating extra 3/3 prowess creatures isn’t worth it.
Sword of Sinew and Steel, Sword of War and Peace - not enough payoff to justify these. Light and Shadow is a bit weak because you don’t have much creatures to reanimate, but the pro-white/pro-black is good at stopping removal and evading blockers. Truth and Justice feels also weak, but you’re getting a bigger beater every turn which is improving your damage output. Fire and Ice and Feast and Famine are the best swords to keep and not cut.
Armory Automaton - Cute but doesn’t contribute anything to you smacking your opponent with your commander.
Godo, Bandit Warlord - Clunky. I know he can be used as part of an infinite combo, but infinite combos should be added in when you have your 100 cards set aside and can start replacing them.
Brainstorm - it might be good for removing lands but you should run Druidic Satchel over it as its a repeatable Rampant Growth in this deck, though since you’re trying to cut cards I think you can go without either.
Remember the Fallen, Serum Visions, Sevinne's Reclamation - Remove these as you can go without them. If you’re worried about losing your stuff you should run Academy Ruins as it only takes up a land slot.
Mystic Forge - Your commander is already doing its job for you.
Masterwork of Ingenuity, Mirrormade - These are situational cards that vary on what you have out. They also provide amazing incentives for your opponents to destroy the original equipment effectively 2-for-1’ing you.
11 months ago
I like your deck however there are some changes that I would suggest making.
- Lightning Greaves: This card sounds like it would be very good however cards like this come with a very big downside. The downside is that it doesn't just stop your opponents from targeting your stuff it also stops you from targeting your stuff. This means that you will not be able to equip any more equipment to your creatures after you put the greaves on them. I would recommend replacing them with Swiftfoot Boots
- Whispersilk Cloak: I think that this should be taken out of the deck for the same reason that Lightning Greaves should be taken out and that is that it gives shroud. If you want the cloak for the unblockable then replace it with Trailblazer's Boots or Prowler's Helm and if you want it for the protection replace it with Champion's Helm.
- Argentum Armor: This card is good if you can get it on a creature but I think it just cost way too much, it takes twelve mana to play and equip in one turn and if you just play the equipment and leave it on the board it becomes an immediate target and you probably won't get to attack with it.
And that is pretty much it, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
1 year ago
You might like these: Flickering Ward, Open the Armory, Conqueror's Galleon Flip, Darksteel Mutation, Reprobation, Cage of Hands, Captured by the Consulate, Coalition Flag, Strata Scythe, Champion's Helm, Hammer of Nazahn, Inquisitor's Flail, Fireshrieker, Spirit Mantle, Balan, Wandering Knight, Armory Automaton
1 year ago
Don't forget the Armory Automaton for those free equips or to steal your opponents equipment.
1 year ago
In this deck, you should support the equipment-Voltron strategy more. In order to swarm out, you need to protect Khemba and equip a lot of stuff onto her. Don't use other effects to produce tokens.
As far as lands go, 35 are enough. So I'd cut 3 plains and Karoo (it messes up your turn 2).
As for cuts in the creatures dept, I'd cut Platinum Angel (not needed wincon, nor reliable unless you lock the game, but at that point you've won anyways), Ajani's Pridemate , Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit , Armory Automaton , Auriok Steelshaper , Hero of Bladehold , Imposing Sovereign , Leonin Arbiter , Magus of the Moat , Thraben Doomsayer , Frontline Medic , Toolcraft Exemplar , Wall of Reverence , Relic Seeker (slow).
As far as equipments and stuff, I'd cut Marble Diamond (since your average CMC isn't that high and most of your spells are colourless), Moonsilver Spear , Sigil of Distinction , Skeleton Key , Ring of Thune , Mask of Memory .
ADD Anointed Procession ! As a good boardwipe for a finisher, I suggest Winds of Abandon . I suggest also Sun Titan , Bastion Protector , Balan, Wandering Knight as good lategame creatures. I suggest Kusari-Gama , Infiltration Lens , Trailblazer's Boots , Fireshrieker , Sword of Vengeance , Hammer of Nazahn , Argentum Armor , Chariot of Victory , Whispersilk Cloak as better equipments with respect to some of the ones I didn't mention for cutting.
Keep up the good work!
1 year ago
There are some instances that get past this, anything that doesn't target with its ability would work. Quest for the Holy Relic can get around this, because it doesn't target. Fumble Armory Automaton Stonehewer Giant are interesting examples of ways to put equipment onto creatures with shroud.
2 years ago
Cool take on the quite common equipment deck. Here's some you might consider adding:
- Armory Automaton works as an emergency "equip everything on this guy" and also allows you to steal opponents' equipment
- Armed Response can serve as soft removal if needed
- Auriok Survivors helps you recycle your destroyed equipment
- Auriok Windwalker if you need another snap-equip
- Colossus Hammer is a very easy way to buff up a guy if you can cheat your way out of the equip cost
- Sword of Kaldra , Helm of Kaldra and Shield of Kaldra if you'd like a classic equipment combination
- Assault Suit lets your opponents hit each other with your equipped guy, allows you to get some extra uses out of them