Ring of Kalonia
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature has trample.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on equipped creature if it's green.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Ring of Kalonia Discussion
2 months ago
3 months ago
This deck's curve isn't super high, and you have a LOT of land. You could easily cut a few for more utility or removal. Ring of Kalonia helps a bit with your strategy and confers Trample so you can swing in for the win.
6 months ago
Fertilid is good with the counters but is too slow whenever I run it. I think you should run something like Blossoming Defense over Kaya's Ghostform, Kaya's Ghostform will make it drop all the enchantments that are on it. Mask of Avacyn can be another card in a similar role. The Ozolith seems so good in this deck that I would think about adding some equipment in and maybe a few other artifacts to try and get Inventors' Fair to work. Sarulf, Realm Eater may be a board wipe that will synergize, though a bit finnicky. Obsessive Skinner seems too difficult to get working early with little pay off if it does, Evolutionary Escalation may fit well into that deck, making counters, and friends, early and often. Mighty Emergence can probably do some work as the game goes on, Necropolis Regent seems like the perfect curve topper, Retribution of the Ancients might be a good removal engine. I do think that trample is the most important keyword early, so Ring of Kalonia is a good choice, Dragon Fangs or Vorrac Battlehorns may be good additions as well.
7 months ago
Personally, I think voltron strategies are some of the most cost effective for a beginning budget player.
A commander like Skullbriar, the Walking Grave can be tuned to be competitive at any table and does especially well in duels.
A lot of his best cards like Evolutionary Escalation Feast on the Fallen Hydra's Growth Ordeal of Nylea Biogenic UpgradeSoul's Might Ring of Kalonia FireshriekerWinding Constrictor Corpsejack Menace and many others are cheap.
My deck is not budget, but you could replace the most expensive 30 cards with budget friendly alternatives and still have a deck that stomps most tables. https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-09-20-skullbriar-the-walking-grave/
1 year ago
Cool deck! You might like these: The Ozolith, Death's Presence, Cauldron of Souls, Pir, Imaginative Rascal, Spike Weaver, Hunter's Insight (flavor win!), Ancient Animus, Outmuscle, Hunt the Weak, Traverse the Ulvenwald, Mark of Sakiko, Ring of Kalonia, Forced Adaptation, Power Conduit, Drumhunter, Tome of Legends
1 year ago
Cards also worth considering:
- Impact Tremors - Ping everybody whenever you make a snake
- Stoneforge Masterwork - More snakes -> More power on commander -> More snakes
- Coat of Arms - Make your snakes HUGE
- Altar of Dementia - Turn creatures into mill
- Parallel Lives - Double snake production
- Mana Echoes - Expensive, but makes insane amounts of mana when you make a bunch of snakes
- Opposition - Tap snakes to tap basically anything you don't like
- Vicious Shadows - Tokens DO go to the graveyard when they die, so every snake you lose burns an opponent's life hard
- Path of Discovery - Making a snake lets you explore
- Seshiro the Anointed - Pump your snakes and draw a card whenever they deal damage
- Kaseto, Orochi Archmage - Pay simic to pump your commander and make it unblockable this turn
- Eldrazi Monument - As long as you keep making snakes, your creatures are all indestructible, and as a bonus, flying
- Rancor - Commander has trample and +2 power, and the aura goes back to your hand whenever it dies
- Ring of Kalonia - Commander gets trample, and a +1/+1 counter each turn
- Ring of Evos Isle - Commander gets hexproof at instant speed for 2 mana, and a +1/+1 counter each turn
- Loxodon Warhammer - Commander gets +3 power, trample, and lifelink
- Fireshrieker - Double strike protects commander from blockers (first strike damage) and potentially doubles the amount of card draw, and thus, number of snakes produced
- Thassa's Oracle, Laboratory Maniac, and/or Jace, Wielder of Mysteries - You draw a lot of cards, so you may end up decking yourself. Best to win if that happens rather than lose
You by no means need to add any of these cards to the deck, they're just cards I think you might want to look at.
1 year ago
TheCaptainsLog Oh yeah, that seems great here for sure. I'm not 100% sure what I'd switch out for it. Possibly one of the equipment or enchantments that are a bit weaker or that can only draw us one card a turn like Keen Sense or Sixth Sense.
1 year ago
On Thin Ice doesn't work for this deck, as it requires a snow-land to enchant, and your deck doesn't run any (and they will increase the cost quite a bit). If you don't have a Coat of Arms already, I would drop it for other things. It's a nice card, but will benefit other tribal strategies and is pretty expensive overall - Door of Destinies might be a better option. Sigarda, Heron's Grace is not actually in your list, so you'll need to drop a card and put her in. Make sure to type * CMDR * (no spaces) after the card name to show her as the commander. I would look for some ways to push damage through, like adding some equipment that gives trample Ring of Kalonia or Loxodon Warhammer come to mind. Skyblinder Staff makes any of your flying creatures blockable only by creatures with Reach, which is a pretty powerful effect, with a flying commander. Champion of Lambholt can quickly give you an army of unblockable creatures. Dictate of Heliod is another option for an anthem. I think Elder Cathar may be an underperformer here and better replaced with another creature. Maybe Juniper Order Ranger, Abzan Falconer, Aegis of the Gods, Baird, Steward of Argive, Goldnight Commander, Karametra's Acolyte, Krosan Restorer, Tuskguard Captain, Wild Beastmaster or Yisan, the Wanderer Bard. Good luck, and let me know if there are any specific questions you have.