Creature — Phoenix
: Return Firewing Phoenix from your graveyard to your hand.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Firewing Phoenix Discussion
1 year ago
I think a life-oriented phoenix is the best option, Garza's Assassin is the most similar, but I think red can flavorfully spend life like that, also if a Phoenix costs life to come back, I think it makes sense that it has other life-related abilities:
Creature - Phoenix
, Pay half your life, rounded up: Return Bloodflame Phoenix from your graveyard to the battlefield. Activate this ability only during your upkeep.
I'd like to see another Phoenix, but neither a phoenix lord or a repeated method of return.
- Akoum Firebird - Landfall
- Arclight Phoenix - Storm
- Ashcloud Phoenix - Morph
- Bogardan Phoenix - Counter
- Chandra's Phoenix - Opponent dealt Damage from Instant/Sorcery or Chandra
- Everquill Phoenix - Mutate & Artifact Token
- Firestorm Phoenix - Delayed casting
- Firewing Phoenix - Mana cost
- Flamewake Phoenix - Ferocious
- Flame-Wreathed Phoenix - Tribute (very weak, why is this mythic?)
- Immortal Phoenix - No requirement
- Kuldotha Phoenix - Metalcraft
- Magma Phoenix - Mana cost
- Molten Firebird - Skip draw step
- Phoenix of Ash - Escape
- Rekindling Phoenix - Creature token
- Shard Phoenix - Mana cost with timeing restriction
- Shivan Phoenix - No requirement
- Skarrgan Firebird - Opponent dealt damage
- Skyfire Phoenix - Commander
- Spellpyre Phoenix - Cycling
- Warcry Phoenix - Battalion
- Worldheart Phoenix - cost
2 years ago
I have some zombies with Unearth from another deck but I don't want to look for creatures for this one, since they mostly costs to cast or Unearth (Unearth doesn't trigger Burning Vengeance by the way).
For non-creature spells, I've tried Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded, 2x Dismember, 1x Traumatize, 2x Boomerangs, 4x Jace's Erasure (terrible idea), 2x Seething Songs... That's all, as far as I can remember!
3 years ago
I agree that any effect like Act of Treason is what you want, so you can impact the board. Suns_Champion actually has a pretty competitive version of this deck I would suggest looking at. For some broad suggestions, things like Firewing Phoenix or any phoenix, and other creatures that have value you when they die like Tuktuk the Explorer or recursion are good cards that interact well with your commander. Why the focus on the equipment? If you want to go that route I am sure we could find a more suitable commander for you. If you woupd post a limit for what the deck should cost, or any one card could cost that would be a big help. For a simple framework, i tend to use 36 lands (as many sources that tap for all colors you need as possible) 30 or so creatures counting your commander, 6 mana rocks or color fixing cards, 7 board wipes, 7 utility cards, 7 draw spells or tutors, and 7 spot removal cards is a decent starting point