Please login to comment
Well, that's a cool deck and I get the idea. Never seen a spell slinger kind of playstyle on Purphoros, that's unique.
First things first, I think, you're lacking three major components: ramp, mass removal and utility lands. Three rocks just aren't enough and I wouldn't call cards like Ashnod's Altar, Chandra, Torch of Defiance and Grinning Ignus ramp. They all generate mana but not reliably and/or consistently enough. I suggest you add at least: Mind Stone, Hedron Archive, Wayfarer's Bauble, Ruby Medallion and maybe even Thran Dynamo. Oh, and Caged Sun is far better than Gauntlet of Power, imo. For removal I'd definetly add Blasphemous Act as it is THE red staple mass removal and it's definetly better than Mizzium Mortars. Nevinyrral's Disk can be good as well, since it's very hard to deal with enchantments in mono-red and rattlesnake effects are never bad. As far as lands are concerned I would definetly add Myriad Landscape. Other land considerations are: Strip Mine (or on a budget Ghost Quarter), Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle and Mirrorpool.
Depending on your meta and budget you should consider follwing cards:
- Feldon of the Third Path
- Dualcaster Mage
- Mimic Vat
- Myr Battlesphere
- Tempt with Vengeance (great win con in Purphoros)
Cards I'd cut:
- Mizzium Mortars: seems bad
- Swiftfoot Boots: in a token strategy and with an indestructible commander Lightning Greaves should be enough
- Shared Animosity and Legion Loyalist: can be good but this deck doesn't seem to rely on attacks at all, rather Kiki combo or just burn
- Thornbite Staff: too slow, imo
- Sword of Feast and Famine: well it's value, but I don't know if it does enough in this deck
- Grinning Ignus: I see why he is in here but I can't imagine hm being super usefull
Hope this is a help.