Ogre Marauder Vs. Shambling goblin
Asked by Toptube 3 years ago
Need some help with stack order on this matchup.
Let's say Ogre Marauder attacks an opponent who has Shambling Goblin and at least one other creature out, on the board. They choose to sacrifice Shambling Goblin to pay the cost, as detailed on Ogre Marauder's card, in order to make their other creature eligible as a blocker.
Does Ogre Marauder get a chance to hit their other creature? or does Shambling Goblin's -1/-1 death effect, hit Ogre Marauder, before he hits the other creature?
February 18, 2016 4:10 a.m.
Please ask rules questions in the Rules Q&A linked in the top bar in the future.
Here's what happens in the attack step:
- You attack with Ogre Marauder. It triggers.
- The ability goes on the stack. The active player gets priority, spells and abilities can be played.
- The Marauder's ability resolves. Your opponent chooses to sacrifice Shambling Goblin. He doesn't even need another creature to do so.
- The Goblin's ability goes on the stack, targetting the Marauder.
- The ability resolves. The Marauder is now a 2/0 creature.
- State-Based Actions are checked. The Marauder dies.
- After you and your opponent passed priority, the Declare Blockers step begins.
February 18, 2016 7:35 a.m.
Toptube - this rules question has been moved to the rules q&a.