Blistercoil Weird + Dual Casting interactions
Asked by MountainMan817 4 years ago
Cast Manamorphose , Activate Dual Casting in response copy Manamorphose ... The stack resolves so I would draw 2 cards and have 4 mana floating, Blistercoil Weird untaps from the first Manamorphose resolving...
First, the stack never resolves all in one go. It resolves one object at a time, and players must pass priority in succession to resolve the topmost object on the stack.
Given that this is the case, this is what happens:
1) You cast Manamorphose.
2) Blistercoil Weird's triggered ability triggers and is put onto the stack.
3) You activate the enchanted creature's ability, targeting Manamorphose.
4) The activated ability resolves, copying Manamorphose.
5) The copy of Manamorphose resolves.
6) The triggered ability resolves, untapping Blistercoil Weird.
Note that the copies do NOT untap Blistercoil Weird because that ability triggers when you cast an instant or sorcery. A copy effect does not cause you to cast anything unless it explicitly states that it does. Dual Casting's ability just creates the copy on the stack.
May 21, 2015 7:05 p.m.
May 21, 2015 7:44 p.m.
Yes. Just be aware that you can't combo out like this; you'll get one additional copy unless you have some other way to untap Blistercoil Weird (such as playing a cantrip).