Board Editor Suggestions
Posted on June 2, 2019, 1:51 a.m. by gremcint
I'm looking at the board editor right now and have some thoughts for improvement.
Label the fields, they do say "stack by" when empty but when something is selected you don't know what the box is. Especially given stacking is on by default.
when stacked I can't see what the cards say as it doesn't show them when I mouseover.
if I turn off stacking they are sorted alphabetically which isn't great and arrange by is misleading because it actually narrows by type instead of arranging the deck. So this should be relabeled to filter or something.
add an actual arrange by option
in non stacked mode when I click a card I'm shown 3 buttons, 2 for moving stacks and one for opening options. there should be more buttons here, I should be able to adjust quantity right here and delete a card right here. I shouldn't have to drag it to delete it.
your search has some weird behavior when deleting a typed name.
7 I browse the site at 125% and some of the button text pushes outside fo the buttons and a couple text spots (display thumbnails) run together. further your advanced card search looks very different at that zoom than it does at lower zoom.
8 change the card details to two columns like the advanced search instead of just one column.
June 2, 2019 1:54 a.m.
Board editor being this for those that don't know. It's the live deck editor.
My own suggestions:
- Have +1/-1/delete(just a red x) buttons right underneath the card quantity indicator.
- Have the sideboard be organized only be name, I don't feel like the sideboard should ever have any arrangements applied to it other than name.
- Large wishlists break the page. Put the wishlist as a dropdown that is closed by default underneath the main deck page.
- Coming off the live editor should default to the most recent version like the text deck editor does (the most recent version after an edit usually being the one with additional characters at the end of the url).
- Have the mana pie/chart etc at the top of the deck page.
June 2, 2019 1:54 a.m.
I say scrap 2019 board editor... I think the current version is great, being able to minimize and such. Also being able to scroll horizontally through selections and the stacked boards allows for better comparisons.
Only things I would add to the current one is the curve/color pie indicators that change when you swap cards, and well as a secondary sort method. For instance; say I want to sort by type, then I could also select sort by cost low-high or reverse.
June 2, 2019 10:23 a.m.
Mj3913: The second biggest reason that people leave this site for other sites is not having a live deck editor to see all the cards like Arena is portrayed. (the first is that the site is slow). Hence why the 2019 live editor exists and is in prototype (it should be renamed live editor).