Best Way to Protect Commander in Mono-Red
Posted on July 12, 2019, 12:39 p.m. by Tom_Shackles
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 13 | 10 COMMENTS | 1900 VIEWS | IN 5 FOLDERS
Hello, all. This Krenko decks runs pretty smoothly in most games; however, I have found that it is very susceptible to removal or other interactions. Other than Swiftfoot Boots , how can I better protect Krenko, Mob Boss and my goblin horde?
- Mono-red strategies center heavily around aggro, discard, and burn, so you're not going to find a lot of things that protect your creatures in it.
- There are some red spells that can redirect instant and sorceries such as Wild Ricochet and Bolt Bend , but apart from that, the best thing you can do is run more artifacts if you want your commander to live.
- Whispersilk Cloak , Lightning Greaves , Champion's Helm , and Mask of Avacyn are all solid choices.
- Darksteel Plate could also help you.
July 12, 2019 1 p.m.
edit Beat to the punch.
July 12, 2019 1:06 p.m. Edited.
July 12, 2019 1:49 p.m.
1) goblin Chirurgeon 2) swords 3) boots/greaves 4) mask of avacyn
July 12, 2019 5:33 p.m.
Thanks, everyone! There are a few great suggestions here that I hadn't considered before.