What to add/cut for cEDH Boros after some new combos (& more afterward.), & a possible CMDR...
Posted on May 29, 2019, 2:32 p.m. by BMHKain
I thought the last time was the final time I converse w/ such a Dark Art, but...
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 2 | 8 COMMENTS | 159 VIEWS
After all the times I have thought of, even w/ multiple Wincons (Even a One-Sided Helm of Obedience + Rest in Peace where everyone but you mills their library combined w/ some artifice that untaps. (BTW, I really like the Rest in Peace in Signature Spellbook: Gideon. Very well done flavor. T_T
Since I'm trying to do an infinite combo on such a duo, that's not the only combo I'd want to do. Outside of the other two combos focusing on infinite damage or even infinite Combat Phases, I've several things to address.
A: Are there any other truly competitive Boros Combos so few ever talk of that are also cEDH worthy? It's quite fine if you say no, if none; in such a case, I already have three as it is.
B: With stuff coming from War of the Spark (WAR), & Modern Horizon (MH1), I already have Prismatic Vista , & even the new Talisman of Conviction (My very conviction right now is making an archetype truly good; If so few cEDH Commanders can win before Turn Three, I'll have to try & take advantage of this fact before even those that are close to doing it also suffer. But the limits of Boros are truly high, so even if a Tier 3 can somehow beat even a Tier 2, that in itself is Manipulating Fate itself.), can you guys think of anything good from either set in Boros colors already not used yet?
C: The CMDR that will prepare for Pre-Flight, & Ultimately, shine above all others. For this list, I'll mention some things that might actually work, but I'm also mentioning everyone else in a hard decision for a CMDR for this:
* Adriana, Captain of the Guard : Was there an Aggro for cEDH? Yes, actually. Breakfast Hulk Thrasios / Tymna . Ironically, there are many variants of this trope, though the strict rule (Mostly.) is that you need Protean Hulk . Boros doesn't even have a card like that in their colors, otherwise, it actually would have such combos in mind. For this, the ol' Hulk Combo is out; unless you have a secret 4th combo that can be used here as a kind of Hulk combo; & no, we're not Naga Wizards capable of Sultai () Magic, much less stuff that might as well have in a CMDR's Color identity (We already have A Snow Creature w/ that as it is.). Regardless, anyone who has an idea for a Hulk Alternative for Boros, Post IMMEDIATELY. I'd love to put it in no matter how slow. For now...
* Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran : Strictly worse than Adriana. Instead of tapping like mad, those in you control get +2/+0, while creatures also attacking get +0/+2. (Attacking creatures w/ defense support. (Screams Internally).) At least Adriana attacks, & the others get a bonus for attacking all the same! Again, we need a Boros Hulk Combo of some kind.
* Akiri, Line-Slinger : This one actually makes more sense than both former cards (& maybe more.). First Strike, & Vigilance means she can Attack, & Block many threats. While her toughness is relatively low; only 3, Akiri's Power, although starting at 0, increases for each artifact you control. Since this has a crapton on of them, this might actually go far; in addition to the fact this can strike, & block at the same turn. Do NOT underestimate a Kor that uses lines af if she is a Kusari-Gama Practioner...
* Anax and Cymede : Like the aforementioned Akiri, this King & Queen duo of Akros has both First Strike & Vigilance; but Heroic really hurts them more than most. Heroic requires these two to be targeted by a spell you control, not an ability. Stuff that enters play has to target these before their part of the Stack resolves; & we don't even have anything to back this up! Why can't we just act like Assassins, & murder both rulers w/o anyone noticing?
* Anya, Merciless Angel : This Angel is Automatic crap. No opponent would go near 20 just to make this Warrior of God have Indestructible, much less have a +3/+3 boost. Is this possible anywhere? The answer is no. Easily one of the worst Boros Commanders in my book; We already have better flyers anyway.
* Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice : Better than anything the Wojec Troops can even allow in, the 2nd iteration of Aurelia Flies better, gives a +1/+1 Counter on those w/ lower power; but that's not saying much, she has only 2 Power, & 5 Toughness. & while Agrus would be jealous of the fact she gives Creatures Vigilance, is opposed to a meaningless +0/+2, Aurelia is certainly no leader of a Guild that is reckless in combat for so long. If it means Mana Bleed, The Legion needs a better leader...
* Aurelia, the Warleader : Ah, OI! We already have her in the 99 via a combo! We don't need her as a Commander on her own terms!
* Basandra, Battle Seraph : Another surprisingly decent Leader of War, &... (sigh)... A sadist; but we've seen worse in Mono- alone. Anyways, She flies, Locksdown spells in combat, & even forces enemy creatures to attack; three great qualities such a CMDR needs in these colors. We now have our potential applicant Numero Dos, alongside Akiri, Line-Slinger . Is it possible this deck might have its own Dominatrix-sama? Well, we're certainly not finished here, we still have more...
* Brion Stoutarm : Easily my choice for Giant Tribal, but NOT a cEDH Commander. Lifelink is really good here, unless somebody makes you want to gain life from a card in play. Really discerning when everything a Giant Tribe Leader throws at your opponents is truly horrific as you gain life. Only one card like this also exists as a Commander in this identity. & "they" have much higher potential than this Beast; which, contrary to popular children's jokes, has a Bigger Brain than even Aminatou's head as a whole. XP
* Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder : Where Akiri succeeds in pure raw power, & can still react, ol Bruce (Because Bruse as a name makes no sense at all.), however, is the idiot Herder that's not only an idiot, but not even a dumb fattie. He has to enter play or attack to grant ONE creature Double Strike, & Lifelink. One creature isn't going to cut it, Ally of Tazri. This is basically combat restricted; & only on your turn. What a damned waste.
(& while we're at it...)
Akiri, & Bruce as Partners (Meaning you only need to worry about 98 other garbage.) does make both Allies better than they initially were (w/ Akiri.), or will never be (w/ Bruce.). One shotting an opponent by bypassing Akiri's First Strike & converting it to Double Strike does make winning a lot easier, but we already have an infinite combat phase combo anyway, so, why the hell should I care?!
* Depala, Pilot Exemplar : Depala was never meant to be truly good, but the problem with this monstrosity is that Depala is meant as a Tribe Leader backed up w/ more Vehicualar Manslaughtering Depala should've had as a Commander. Sure, Dwarves are great here, but we're making a deck that can seriously perform, not make a Dwarf army that act like reckless idiots that do just fine on their own (Most Dwarves as of the Kaladesh Block don't have to rely on Vehicular Destruction for the most part.) Don't get me wrong, some Vehicles are awesome, but so few are truly great, & even Depala barely knows any of them; she just wants to make an army of Vehicle piloted Dwarves. Maybe a Five Vehicle Group that behaves like GoLion/Voltron, or even Daizyujin/the Dino Megazord would be fun... ^_^
* Feather, the Redeemed : This may as well go down in MTG history as the greatest Boros Commander ever. This is also a kind of Commander that says: Your mileage may vary. Since we aren't running a lot of Nonperms in comparison to the rest of this deck, this is actually useless. Good cost and all, but even recurring the few Nonperms makes this a waste. However, it does get an Honorable Mention for getting the closest so far for being of cEDH quality... ...Until you realize 2 Minotaur would love to say: Konnichi-AH!
* Firesong and Sunspeaker : Burn everything, & gain life for it. These two Minotaurs would love you playing some big burn spells in exchange for healing you if they aren't Permanents. But loves burning the crap out of anything, & is complemented by 's ability to heal as the fire settles. Regardless though, even to this day, I really wanted to find a loophole w/ these beasties in which you gain life, while your opponent gets cremated, & lasts for eternity; all w/o some ruling WotC declared, or a card that its effects don't end even after the smoldering. Anyone who can find such a card, let me know right away; I'd love to make this kind of deck... ;)
* Gisela, Blade of Goldnight : Flying, First Strike, Doubling damage from you, & even halving opposing damage, rounding up; Gisela is one of the greatest Angels in MTG History, considering her pure presence as she enters play, her overall power & Grace is a monster to beheld. But that's not saying much; Gisela has gotten significantly weaker than it originally was. Gisela #1's flaws come from a manacost you won't pay in time. & even using the wrath of Gisela is probably better off w/ Heartless Hidetsugu & a damage doubler that at least leaves you w/ one life, rounded up... As for damage, even Aurelia, the Warleader & even Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker can do so much better at a faster rate.
* Iroas, God of Victory : Having a God in these colors are great. Indestructible is also good. Having a Dolmen Gate effect is amazing, & giving all your creatures Menace? The only restriction is your Devotion & Conviction to both & needs to be 7up, otherwise, it's not a creature. But if Aggro is hellish in this manner, What other Commander of The Legion would you want? This makes Iroas Boros cEDH Commander #3; alongside Akiri, Line-Slinger , & Basandra, Battle Seraph ; But I can't stress this out; Boros needs its own Hulk Combo in such colors; I don't care if it means adding artifice!
* Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer : First Strike has already been demonstrated before in very well done manner. Metalcraft will give your creatures +3/+0 as long as you have 3 or more Artifacts. No pressure, we already have a lot. & a 5/4 is not that scoffable to a degree either. There's just one problem. Jor himself; he has to be in play to use his Metalcrafting of otherwise, Phyrexian alloy. W/o one of the few Mirran Resistance members left, that boost ceases to exist. Don't get me wrong, an 8/4 is uncalled of, but that's just an idea for a really stupid fat cell massing. It's no wonder the Praetors won; how many Mirran are left?
* Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas : Just shortly after talking about Iroas himself, we have what should be a Disciple of that God. Not even close. Double Strike & Vigilange all at once is amazing; but, that is all. During Commander 2015, there were several Commanders of enemy 2 colors, some better than others. If you want to know who, I'll explain your Folly!
* Meren of Clan Nel Toth : Gains an experience counter every time a creature besides Meren you control dies. The more experience Meren has during the end step, the bigger creatures she can recur back into play!
* Mizzix of the Izmagnus : When you cast an Instant or Sorcery more than the number of experience counters, you gain one. Each counter represent one less to cast them.
* Daxos the Returned : For every Enchantment you cast, you gain an experience counter. You can create a Spirit Enchantment Creature w/ X/X where X in the number of experience counters you have.
* Ezuri, Claw of Progress : When you cast a creature with Power 2 or less enters play, you get an experience counter. At the beginning of Combat, another creature gets +X/+X, where X is the number of Experience Counters.
But what about this Giant? Hold onto your butts. It sucks. She requires to cast creatures w/ 5CMC or more to even grant you a counter of this kind. What do you get in return? Just a +1/+1 boost for each counter. While you are trying to afford to cast fatties that suck, someone might say to you about this whimp: "I beat you in 5 turns." (Your usual Commander Game.), "I beat you in 2 turns', (Now we're reaching cEDH level territory, but only slightly.) or worse: "You lose before your next turn."! Boros doesn't have time for trying to buff your creatures in such a slow speed, & neither should the God of Victory himself!
* Munda, Ambush Leader : Thought Boros Commanders were bad already? Even Tazri herself (Himself?) would relieve this imbecile of duty permanently, & feed her to the Eldrazi Swarm. Haste is alright, but all other things about this being blow. As an Ally, Munda just searches your Top 4 cards of your library to find one thing; at least one other Ally to Topdeck. The rest is put onto the bottom of your library in a random order. The Pinnacle of Dishonorable Mentions in Boros? Your pick, Boss.
* Razia, Boros Archangel : Actually, THIS is the Pinnacle of Dishonorable Mentions in the colors allotted. 8CMC basically means you'll already be too late to cast this Outcast of the Legion (Even w/ Mana Rocks, this is a very hard task, even in a Base Commander Game.)! & even if you can cast this, her abilities are truly lackluster. Flying, Vigilance, & Haste would've all been amazing, IF RAZIA WAS DAMN CHEAPER TO CAST! Even tapping her to even redirect combat damage compromises her "already awesome in these colors" Vigilance! & she can only handle 3 of that damage! Uh... I hope you don't mind, Razia-sama, but I'm going to have to Lightning Bolt your ass to nothing. SPECIAL DELIVERY!
* Tajic, Blade of the Legion : The Guildrunner of Boros Legion has some very awesome tricks. First, he's indestructible, & 2nd, if he & at least 2 others attack, he gets +5/+5. This boosts him from a meager 2/2 to a freaking 7/7. There's just one problem w/ this. The bonus isn't shared to other attackers you declare, & Tajic himself just was nominated by the Boros Legion to find an end to a certain "Implicit Maze". Just fighting w/ two others only to have you w/ all the benefits reaped to you & all others pissed at you for not having such abilities? Pass.
* Tajic, Legion's Edge : Haste actually seems to work better here, Tajic also has more potential w/ Mentor than Aurelia can ever dream of doing. Also, Noncombat Damage dealt to creatures besides Tajic are negated. Even Paying for first strike seems sound here. The only problem w/ this is that nearly all Tajic has just seem's... underwhelming... Oh well, Maybe I'm not cut up to be a Legion Cadet after all. Oh well, time to Swab the Deck; speaking of this...
* Tiana, Ship's Caretaker : Flying & First Strike in the Air sounds awesome. Being able to recur Auras, & Equipment back to your hand at the next end step is also awesome. One problem though; we already have a merciless Guild Leader w/ her own combo. Nice try, Tiana. Swab the Deck, dammit. Jhoira stated the direct order.
* Archangel Avacyn Flip: A Flashing into Play Commander in Boros? Nice. Flying? Great. Vigilance? Is this my life I'm living? I'm doubting this. Indestructible for all you creatures, including Ava-fricken-cyn?! OMG! How can she get better than that? Well, let's kill off one of our own, (One turn later.) Holy... Avacyn is Transforming? I'm fricken loving this! She is now... Avacyn, the Purifier . S---. I'm going to have to tank that damage, & I've seen better use of damage anyway. Regardless, I actually do recommend Archangel Avacyn Flip regardless. The Road so far? Akiri, Line-Slinger , Basandra, Battle Seraph , Iroas, God of Victory , & now Archangel Avacyn Flip reach the best thus far, Boros' Fantastic 4; just, not the MARVEL franchise; it sucks.
* Khorvath Brightflame & Sylvia Brightspear : I might need a famous weapon to smite these two... Easily one of the Worse Duos from Battlebond, I'd rather use Akiri & Bruce over these anyday. Starting w/ Khorvath, I love the Flying & Haste thing going on thus far, but a duo where Knights & Dragons are the ultimate enemies? So why would Khorvath Brightflame, Envoy of the End give your Knights his exact abilities?! Sylvia Brightspear, Envoy of the Beginning has Double Strike, but gives Dragons the same thing. Merely just Vanilla Statistics, this is Tier 5 garbage, Envoy of Post-Time. We've already explored numerous times that Tribal Components in cEDH don't work so well. This is the last I'll say that here. Also the last thing I'll say is If anyone has an idea for a Boros Hulk Combo, let me know!
Overall: Akiri, Line-Slinger , Basandra, Battle Seraph , Iroas, God of Victory , & now Archangel Avacyn Flip are the four candidates for this kind of deck. All that said, I just want to cut to 100 cards, find even just one more combo if needed, & at least playtest from there. If you have something to add, here, you must also suggest a cut as well, or, just simply mention a cut. I want to make the most competitive Boros can ever make, where all others failed. Wish all of us good luck.
Oh, BTW, as I'm making a Simic deck, I read Rashmi, Eternities Crafter can cast cards like Wildest Dreams nonstop. Since that card is an X-Cost, how do cards leave exile in such a way done in her colors? Kruphix would love to put her in...
Hi I think you need to stop throwing the term cEDH around so much, is it even possible for you to win turn 3/4? what you seem to be looking for is a good casual edh deck. Which is good because cEDH appears to be quite boring.
Unfortunately boros does lack some important effects that make some other colour combinations better.
If you just want to improve your deck i would consider adding black for a mardu deck ( i quite like Tymna the Weaver // Vial Smasher the Fierce or Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder // Tymna the Weaver ) this would allow you to keep the nature of your deck the same whilst adding good tutor and card draw.
If you desire to make it more competative and you are happy with being hated by anyone who plays you stax could be the way to go: smokestacks // Assemble the Legion could be quite controlling. Running a lot of stax cards that are in boros colours combine with lots of artifacts, daretti,goblin welder, and as much card draw as you can find could make a nice stax deck. some stax cards Vryn Wingmare , Winters Orb, Stasis Orb, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben , Stony Silence , Kataki, War's Wage , Blood Moon , Magus of the Moon , Treasure Nabber , Price of Glory , Aven Mindcensor , Stranglehold . Ruination , and Armageddon . when you have grinded the game to a halt and no one can do anything really you win the game with an inf combo (you have enough already for a deck like this. Personally i think this is the best way to make boros as competitive as it can be. If you chose this direction i would surgest Tajic, Legion's Edge as it protects your stax based creatures enabling you to run damaged based board wipes without suffering.
May 30, 2019 5:13 a.m.
Based on what I got thus far, I've a mass artifact base; ranging from Rocks to other things. Someone even said previously that Kataki, War's Wage would be very awful here due to my Artifice Base. Based on that person's intentions, The one who announced War on Kamigawa is rejected.
Already have Felidar Guardian , but I suppose I'll add Restoration Angel for infinite fliers. This is going to sound odd, but I believe based on your ideas, I should be cutting Eldrazi Displacer & the engine of stuff it can net. I just want your thoughts on them to continue pursuing even a Tier 3 Deck of this kind. As for Helm of Obedience + Rest in Peace , I'm trying to find a way to use this on all my opponents as well; also, like an Infinite combo you can stop when all opposition is Milled to death, & you still at least have your library. Also sounding weird, someone said Sneak Attack is garbage in this format! but it seems pretty good for stuff like Gisela, Blade of Goldnight + Heartless Hidetsugu . What is mentioned that if played early enough, Hidestsugu one shots all opposition. But a combo w/ 2 high costed creatures might seem like too much, & this deck's own "Hulk Combo" just seems like something out of colors... But even Prison needs a Wincon. I already have 3. But I've no idea how Smokestack & Assemble the Legion work together in the slightest. That being said, Clock of Omens is in for the use of infinite activations to Mill everything your opponents have; although spot removal for stuff like Laboratory Maniac & Jace, Wielder of Mysteries would also be amazing. Though if we're dealing with Tier 3 in this case, what is the current best deck of this Tier, & how does it win? Right now, I'm focusing on that Tier, even doing Decktesting when it's truly done. Maybe I'll ask the Lab Maniacs about this; this is merely a Progress to make cEDH Boros better & better overtime. Although one last question is worth asking: What's good in cEDH Boros that is in Modern Horizons, & I'm talking about Mono-, & Mono-. Anything good here? Finally, Everyone keeps saying Sunforger is FAR too slow here, even for Tier 3. Don't make me make a Package please, expect one if my Vorthos Deck has in it though. I hope my previous knowledge can help on this, maybe you might have any ideas for cuts? Just let me know as I chat w/ The Maniacs themselves...
I mean, Feather, the Redeemed was the first to reach Tier 3 status for Boros, can there be a 2nd? Or even one for the entire Color Identity? SP3CTR3_chelts, I just want to delve in the impossible in this case... Your thoughts?
May 30, 2019 2:08 p.m.
I'm not sure you're going to get your Boros Hulk combo. I just don't think its a Boros thing, and it doesn't seem like it will become one.
May 30, 2019 6:01 p.m.
bushido_man96: Hmmm. Well, obviously, Protean Hulk is just in , so that's one point against such a thing. Variety is a possible idea; I mean, there are so many variants of the Damned Hulk Combo the idea of "funny", regardless of definition, is nil. Although... You might have a pint about that; even if these colors can't access . Actually, I do have at least another backup plan; even though it's pretty much a thing as a whole for my decks. This might sound stupid, & I believe you said you've little to zilch experience w/ cEDH. But in case you do though, what would you recommend from Modern Horizons? Besides Talisman of Conviction , Prismatic Vista , & even Sunbaked Canyon , of course. I ponder about Hall of Heliod's Generosity , as the stuff are all Slivers. Anything about Mono-, or Mono-? I was stunned to find even one of the latter for Superfriends/Avengers that ISN'T what this was normally about as a set (I know this was an homage to the Time Spiral Block, & that many unused keywords were all over in addition to all, but one thing; a color Commander. Or even a Snow-Covered Wastes ; that would've been fun, but now I have another thing to add to a possible Patreon Page w/ actual content in the foreseeable future (Those will act as Patron Ranks based on the likelihood of what is listed.); just don't judge too harshly; I'm Asperger's, & I'm, according to some sources, though something else might be this instead: "Burnt Out.". What cEDH friends do you think might help on this notion? For now, I've made my decision on how to make Aminatou, the Fateshifter Oathbreaker… I'll leave the Boros thing to the few who made Feather, the Redeemed a first for now... Unless you've any ideas... But I've also need some cuts as well; & I'm in a bind for the CMDR, But I'll settle that.
May 31, 2019 1:54 p.m.
BMHKain, I haven't seen enough of Modern Horizons to really offer any good suggestions from it. The cards you've shown look good; I hope they drop in price from what they show. But with everything from the set being Modern legal, I worry about what kind of prices will take off, especially with those new pain lands. I like the idea behind those.
May 31, 2019 8:18 p.m.
@bushido_man96: Wait... You like the Horizon Enemy Color lands? Are they really that great? I, mean, sure, Horizon Canopy was a Future Sight Dual Land; but even stuff like Grove of the Burnwillows , Nimbus Maze , River of Tears ... Now I'd like to see a full cycle of those; maybe even Land Creatures like Dryad Arbor in which they have a Basic Color to base upon. But there also is the Storage Duals w/o an enemy cycle. I'd like to see cycles for all those...
Oh, & found a new combo for cEDH Boros anyway: Altar of the Brood + Ancestral Statue (Or even add Rest in Peace in this case?). Think; repeatable mill that wincons for cheap. That said, I just wonder how such a kind of combo might actually do better...
But what about Eldrazi Displacer & the engine of creatures it has? How bad is it here? I don't remember if you answered previously, thus why I'm asking... Finally, Land Tax is still in, but this deck doesn't seem to have enough Basics; how many would be added on avg (Number of Basic Lands, not the Land Types.) as I reach 100 Cards? I'll let you think about all this...
May 31, 2019 10:04 p.m.
BUMP LIKE A DEAD IMBECILE!
After finding a new combo cheaper (& better) than that of Helm of Obedience + Rest in Peace : Altar of the Brood + Ancestral Statue + Rest in Peace (Optional), I'm still wondering what combos in Boros can be 2-3 cards only, & truly viable as a cEDH Deck. Irony? This might sound extreme, but I'd like to see four others of this kind:
2-3 cards only.
this is cEDH, make them as inexpensive in mana cost as possible.
they have to be cEDH competitive.
Also, I still have my doubts for Eldrazi Displacer . Should I get rid of it, & some of the pieces it has?
Finally, I'm thinking of using a Pili-Pala infinite Mana Combo; but stuff like Grand Architect is out of my colors, & I think even the likes of Sol Ring , & other Mana producers alone are useless, & I don't want to use Heartstone either. & I actually wanted Mana of any color...
June 3, 2019 12:39 p.m.
There are some combo options available to in the form of Enduring Renewal . Is it good enough to be competitive, though?
June 3, 2019 8:12 p.m.
@bushido_man96: Why would I put something like that when a card that removes the whole yard for all players is still in the deck? Even w/ the best combos, you'd still would instead, lose the key piece to such combos. & I already have a Mill Deck that works better than Helm of Obedience + Rest in Peace anyway. Why has nobody put in Altar of the Brood + Ancestral Statue + Rest in Peace as a combo yet? Not only does it cost less, but even Altar of the Brood is just , Statue is , & Rest in Peace is . & the effect applies to all opponents; not one at a time as you make them kick the bucket. What does Enduring Renewal even do when Rest in Peace is even in play? I'd like a notion on this before someone steals it. :P
Oh, & somebody make the above combo an actual thing, please. It might be worth it.
Tap Sol Ring . Moth Crow (I think it was from Welsh Mythology? Some kind of Lore that has scarecrows, & one has this name...) untaps, & adds one more mana.
Clock of Omens activates again. But it needs two targets; & there's only one, the Scarecrow Moth itself.
Combo = BS.
What to do make Pili-Pala viable here? Not sure if Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth even works here either. I've no time for testing though. I'm doing other things... Though... I have two other failsafes: Opaline Unicorn & Prismite . They seem far better than Pili-Pala anyway... XP
June 4, 2019 11:03 a.m.
BMHKain, I'm just trying to help out. He wants Boros to be good, so maybe there is no help to be had. Like I mentioned, I'm not a cEDH player, so I offered some help based only on my experiences with the card. You mentioned Rest in Peace as if it can not be taken out of the deck, so that may be an issue. Like I said, I was just trying to help.
June 4, 2019 11:52 a.m.
@bushido_man96: Well, sorry if I was acting rash. I'll see if I can find out what works a lot better though. Regardless, thanks for trying. It's sad I've driven away those w/ cEDH knowledge & might have a way to help this. I guess I'll have to worry about other things entirely for now. Though I guess the Equestrian Rock , & a Shard of Quartz made from all 10 Guilds actually having a common goal could both be in such a deck's Maybeboard until I can find an Infinite combo w/ either one...
Really sorry, man. I'm just too focused on revising my deck's Descriptions. Very Hard when I realize some don't have any support anytime soon. When will EDHREC do Oathbreaker? I wonder that myself; but I still need to learn the London Mulligan; but that's another time entirely.
(Crap, made a comment too large. This might cost me...)
June 4, 2019 12:17 p.m.
I appreciate that, BMHKain.
I think EDHRec might be waiting around to see what kind of staying power Oathbreaker is going to have before dedicating anything to it. I'm kind of out on Oathbreaker as a format, but I do like the idea of slipping a spell alongside the Commander in the traditional EDH format to shake things up in a playgroup.
June 4, 2019 12:34 p.m.
Well, I decided. I'm using
as my Mana Dork that can do infinite Color/colorless Mana. The question though is: Besides Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth
(& a 2 Mana Source... -_-), how else to use all that power by any means? I mean,
isn't compatable w/ Rings: Untapping
merely untaps at the price of . Copying the untap 4 for 4 has the adding up to the 6 made from making , Copy the untap, you're back to Square 1. We have no
/similar in these colors. But I do have a question since you're inept at this field of magic.
bushido_man96, I need to find someone who's knowledgeable about cEDH, & believes the possibility of cEDH Boros; but not just Feather, the Redeemed . Who do you know? I'm currently trying to update my deck profiles w/ more proper descriptions as of now; just to gain even a little bit of respect after my previous 3 years of mentality of sources nobody here even knows exists. As Peter Capaldi as The Doctor stated: I've made many mistakes. & It's about time I did something about that.
June 5, 2019 2:21 p.m.
I don't know anyone in particular that is steeped in the cEDH scene. Suns_Champion is kind of the resident Boros specialist that I can think of. Whether its in the realm of cEDH, I'm unsure.
June 5, 2019 2:40 p.m.
Well, I got a signal to spread out into a field that opposes even though Feather, the Redeemed is in Tier 3; a landmark, but not good enough in my book.
You probably don't know that many cEDH goers, & even if you do, how even fewer can work this out? I, mean, I don't even have that many basics for Land Tax , & I've 5 combos to make that each represents a way to win. I already done infinite mill via Altar of the Brood & Ancestral Statue , this is not only cheaper than Helm of Obedience + Rest in Peace , but also more compact. But what about Prismite ? I'm using this in an Infinite Colored combo outside of Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth (& Sol Ring...).
Not impressed? I'm still planning this out BTW. ;)
June 8, 2019 11:07 a.m.
What combo are you going to use with Prismite ? You spend to make one colored mana. Sounds like he's just a filter, but for what?
June 8, 2019 10:44 p.m.
Well, during my tests for One mana of any color Artifact Dorks, Pili-Pala could only go so far w/ Clock of Omens before running out of gas. Tap Dorks like Opaline Unicorn did far worse; & the same went for Prismite as well, but Tap, or Untap; I can't think of any better ideas. Unless someone can make an infinite mana combo that's Boros Friendly, & involves a dork like Pili-Pala , Prismite , or any Artifact Dork that taps for mana. I'll still seeking ideas for this though...
June 9, 2019 10:38 a.m.
June 10, 2019 12:09 p.m.
@Burg+1: I checked the deck out just to see if it even has enough in it to handle even Tier 3 Decks in cEDH. I'm truly sorry to say, I'd rather have Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger befriend Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur & Sheoldred, Whispering One , Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur for Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger & Urabrask the Hidden , Sheoldred, Whispering One for Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger & Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite , Urabrask the Hidden for Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite & Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur , & lastly, Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite for Sheoldred, Whispering One & Urabrask the Hidden . Phyrexia has all 5 colors now. If they are stronger than Pre-Mending Era Phyrexians (Not counting Yawgmoth, Thran Physician , they need to set their differences aside, & use those differences as their better abilities. Case in point, The deck is just more casual than what I'm trying to aim for. Maybe Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer is Tier 4; but that's not what I'm aiming to do. What I'm aiming for is to get more CMDRS to Tier 3 the least; & even your deck would shame its status on a tierlist that measures the very status of each CMDR in cEDH. I can't apologize enough, man. It's an effort; albeit not what I wanted to do...
...But since you have a deck that utilizes artifice; I've been working on 5 Strategies that have been known to prevail in cEDH; so I STILL have a use just for you; in spite of not knowing what cEDH is...
As I'm working on Combo 2/5, which allows the use of infinite Colored mana in only these colors: , , . I wanted to use a Artifact Mana Dork is opposed to your usual Rock, I had three kinds of ways for them to make mana: Pili-Pala , Opaline Unicorn (& her other Tap for mana variants.), & Prismite . Since I wanted some way to make infinite mana this way; w/o running out of gas. Sure, is what this deck wants, but I can't go infinite w/ Grand Architect (It is in .), but... Maybe there's another way... Those Kiki-Jiki combos... Not using Thornbite Staff , Maybe something like Opaline Unicorn + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker + (One more thing...), is there a copier in that can copy either? I'm just interested now...
June 10, 2019 2:21 p.m.
BMHKain Well it is a budget deck for casual formats with just a splash of sentiment for me as he was my first venture into the format. I like artifacts but I don't like always taking the time to add the decks on the site lol! I will definitely follow you as you have some interesting ideas. Play online? Keep Boros alive!
June 10, 2019 5:12 p.m.
Side note... My play group does play cEDH i guess but we call them arms races. If its turn 5 its taken to long.
June 10, 2019 5:19 p.m.
@Burg+1: Not that I want to be a little racy or anything, but... BOROS FOREVER! XP But, seriously, Black Panther Parody Jokes aside (I actually like that film & wished I'd address some aspects to film reviewers, & even those of such lineage got wrong; but it might sound wrong to them.)
In seriousness though, I'm just starting on Tier 3 for now. Such irony made me switch Mox Alacorn (PX) to Yet another Scarecrow... for having 1 Power higher, & having an alternate ability not even Alloy Myr could ever dream of after the events of New Phyrexia.
I was thinking of Ancestral Statue at first, but Maybe I should do some number crunching...
Test Subjective: Village Bell-Ringer
Test 1: Cast Scuttlemutt , then Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker . Tap Scuttlemutt for mana. Cast Village Bell-Ringer untapping The Mad B*tch . Tap the Dog again for mana, Tap Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker to create a copy of Village Bell-Ringer , untapping Scuttlemutt & Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker . Keep tapping Jack Russel, the Terrier Scarecrow for mana, rinse & repeat.
I just don't know if it's legit. Here's a list of phases & steps in case you're wondering...
- Beginning Phase
- Untap Step
- Upkeep Step
- Draw Step
- Main Phase
- Combat Phase
- Beginning of Combat Step
- Declare Attackers Step
- Declare Blockers Step
- Combat Damage Step
- End of Combat Step
- Ending Phase
- End Step
- Cleanup Step
I would, MAYBE make that much mana during Main Phase, but does this mana empty when unused? Definetely will suck if it will... Well, at least I have a prototype for now...
June 11, 2019 2:24 p.m.
June 11, 2019 3:50 p.m.
Smokestack and Assemble the Legion seems fun. For mana though perhaps Phyrexian Altar + Solemnity + Pyreheart Wolf or Bogardan Phoenix or Lesser Masticore or Twilight Shepherd . Or the Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker + Village Bell-Ringer and keep sacing the copies to Phyrexian Altar Now that is sexy.
June 11, 2019 4:13 p.m.
@Burg+1: O_o Damn. Should've known I didn't need a dork after all... & That Smokestack + Assemble the Legion combo might be good... Welp, I just got served right here. & I thank you for that. Really. Alright, I'll put in Combo 2 now. But, I still have to finish one certain deck (2 if you count Tetzimoc, Primal Death .). Well, thanks for helping, man. If you'll excuse me though, A Primordial God, & a Dino God of the Dead is still in the works; & I'll have to focus my attention from there. Thanks for talking though. :D