December 19, 2018 5:58 p.m.
I've seen 2 great resources for sunforger.
If you have some time (and if I got the requirements correct...) you should also take a look at this search
Otherwise Jaypay1994 mentioned some great ones.
December 19, 2018 6:07 p.m.
I almost forgot Mistveil Plains, if it isn't in the resources I mentioned already, is a great card for being able to repeat a spell cast off sunforger.
December 19, 2018 6:11 p.m.
Because Sunforger is a bit of a toolbox card, it will come down to what your meta is to some extent.
Lots of blue in your meta? Red Elemental Blast, Pyroblast, Reverberate, Ricochet Trap, Silence, Orim's Chant, etc are really good. you also have Mana Tithe and Lapse of Certainty to help you proactive hate out opponents.
I'm going to shamelessly plug my Aurelia, the Warleader deck: Bed Hair: cEDH Edition. It's designed to opeate in more competitive circles (as much as a boros deck can) however runs a Sunforger package designed to fight through a lot of blue and combo. It might give you a bit of an idea about balancing effects.
December 19, 2018 6:37 p.m.
You all talking about what to fetch with sunforger...
What you need before that is a consistent sunforger. Steelshaper's Gift, Open the Armory, Stoneforge Mystic, Enlightened Tutor, Steelshaper Apprentice, Gamble, Stonehewer Giant, and Godo, Bandit Warlord all do that, allowing you to get Sunforger before starting an engine.
December 19, 2018 8:46 p.m.
SynergyBuildeven if I appreciate that you tried to help, the post was about what to run with Sunforger to make it good if I ever decided to include him in the deck, running an equipement deck usually implies that you have ways to tutors for your equipements in the deck, but again thanks for trying.
December 19, 2018 10:25 p.m.
Hey, lots of good suggestions so far, here's some more:
- Tithe: can tutor for Mistveil Plains
- Oblation: instant draw in white
- Honor the Fallen: graveyard hate for creatures
- Return to Dust: exile two different things if activate Sunforger on your main phase
- Boil: wreck blue
- Faith's Reward: mass reanimation of your permanents
- Allay: Buyback
- Shattering Pulse
December 20, 2018 1:24 a.m.
Lots of good advice and options above, but I'll chime in anyway!
First, a shameless plug of my own Sunforger deck! Super Smash Boros | Firesong & Sunspeaker EDH
Notable ones already mentioned:
- Teferi's Protection
- Deflecting Palm: biggest "gotcha" card ever
- Enlightened Tutor: not only does it get Sunforger, you can can also get it with Sunforger
- Boros Charm
Options that I don't think were mentioned:
- Chaos Warp: good removal.
- Dawn Charm: flexible fog.
- Settle the Wreckage: havn't had much succes with this personally, but it's an option.
- Argivian Find: good to get some recursion, especially if sunforger get's blown up.
- Dispatch: basically a better swords to plowshares in an artifact deck.
- Intimidation Bolt: good for stopping attacks that you don't want to happen(think Narset, Jeleva, Etali triggers).
- Price of Progress: Most damage for 2 mana you'll get. In the late game it becomes fantastic.
- Sulfurous Blast: another wipe option.
- Rootborn Defenses: protection, populate.
Other sunforger support cards you might want:
- Relic Seeker: Cheap tutor
- Auriok Windwalker: re-equip shenanigans.
- Auriok Steelshaper: smaller equip cost.
- Sculpting Steel: more sunforger!
- Masterwork of Ingenuity: EVEN MORE SUNFORGER!
- Brass Squire: re-equip shenanigans.
- Sigarda's Aid: flash it in, free equip.
Hope some of this helps!