- 1x Akroma, Angel of Wrath
- 1x Archangel of Tithes
- 1x Avacyn, Angel of Hope
- 1x Brimaz, King of Oreskos
- 1x Dragonlord Dromoka
- 1x Eight-and-a-Half-Tails
- 1x Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
- 1x Elvish Piper
- 1x Eternal Witness
- 1x Heliod, God of the Sun
- 1x Iona, Shield of Emeria
- 1x Jareth, Leonine Titan
- 1x Jazal Goldmane
- 1x Kamahl, Fist of Krosa
- 1x Karametra, God of Harvests
- 1x Linvala, Keeper of Silence
- 1x Mangara of Corondor
- 1x Melira, Sylvok Outcast
- 1x Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip
- 1x Nylea, God of the Hunt
- 1x Odric, Lunarch Marshal
- 1x Omnath, Locus of Mana
- 1x Platinum Angel
- 1x Reki, the History of Kamigawa
- 1x Reya Dawnbringer
- 1x Seedborn Muse
- 1x Selvala, Heart of the Wilds
- 1x Sigarda, Host of Herons
- 1x Sun Titan
- 1x Surrak, the Hunt Caller
- 1x Terastodon
- 1x Thalia, Heretic Cathar
- 1x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
- 1x Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- 1x Windborn Muse
- 1x Yeva, Nature's Herald
- 1x Brushland
- 1x Canopy Vista
- 1x Command Tower
- 1x Emeria, The Sky Ruin
- 1x Forest
- 2x Forest
- 1x Forest
- 1x Forest
- 1x Forest
- 1x Forest
- 1x Fortified Village
- 1x Kor Haven
- 1x Mosswort Bridge
- 1x Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- 1x Plains
- 2x Plains
- 1x Plains
- 1x Plains
- 1x Plains
- 1x Plains
- 1x Razorverge Thicket
- 1x Reliquary Tower
- 1x Savannah
- 1x Scattered Groves
- 1x Strip Mine
- 1x Sungrass Prairie
- 1x Sunpetal Grove
- 1x Temple Garden
- 1x Temple of Plenty
- 1x Windbrisk Heights
- 1x Windswept Heath
- 1x Wooded Bastion
- 1x Yavimaya Hollow
- 1x Abundance
- 1x Burgeoning
- 1x Exploration
- 1x Ghostly Prison
- 1x Land Tax
- 1x Mirari's Wake
- 1x Privileged Position
- 1x Rest in Peace
- 1x Sphere of Safety
- 1x Sterling Grove
- 1x Sylvan Library
- 1x Wheel of Sun and Moon
- 1x Zendikar Resurgent
- 1x Birthing Pod
- 1x Heroes' Podium
- 1x Illusionist's Bracers
- 1x Norn's Annex
- 1x Planar Bridge
- 1x Sensei's Divining Top
- 1x Sol Ring
I would suggest the following cards for your build:
- Second Harvest : Greatly fits the theme
- Sundering Growth : Populate...
- Rootborn Defenses : Good protection vs sweepers and a flavorwise fit
- Phyrexian Processor : A solid investment
Good luck and have fun!
August 28, 2016 7:18 a.m.
Without some additional information about what you are trying to do it is a little hard to make specific recommendations but in general:
Your mana curve is really high. With your land count so low and not much ramp I would think it has a tendency to be a little hit or miss with regard to mana. Ideally you should have at least 35 lands.
I'm not sure I understand your commander choice. The construction of your deck almost begs for Karametra, God of Harvests to be your commander with her inherent land search you can get away with running fewer lands. Trostani has the lifegain going for him but the populate function I'm not sure will help you much in a normal game. 3 mana for 1 creature is eh unless its 4/4, 5/5 and you only have a couple of those in your deck.
I hope this helps some
September 6, 2016 3:28 p.m.
I would also cut some of the 6 and 7 mana cards to make the deck run faster.
September 10, 2016 11:07 p.m.
Omnath, Locus of Mana can help fix your mana woes with his ability to rollover green mana...
He was always the first legend I'd fetch with Sisay. Then I'd fetch a fattie eldrazi next.
Took that deck apart after it played exactly the same almost all the time :)
September 16, 2016 8:32 p.m.
September 21, 2016 11:07 p.m.
Alot of people are suggesting removal cards since I play white. But I literally have 0 space for them. I'd rather destroy a creature outright in a fight than just be like end hostilities. If I want to frustrate people I'd play blue...Which I do with my Izzet deck.
November 12, 2016 10:46 p.m.
A card to take out would be Sigarda, Heron's Grace. It's meant for a control shell in which a lot of instants and sorceries end up in your graveyard for you to exile, and you clearly don't have that. If you run it for the Hexproof, you could just as easily run Lightning Greaves. You should take that out and put in white removal.
November 12, 2016 11:28 p.m.
I use that particular sigarda for the hexproof on myself. That way I don't get controlled by emrakul or any effect that says target player-insert frustrating dilema here. That's the only reason I use it for because I sure don't use it for the other ability. The way I have it planned out is sigarda protects me, the other sigarda protects my other creatures from being sacced, avacyn makes everything indestructible, and asceticism protects my dudes from being targeted, and sterling groves does the same for my non creature permanents.
November 13, 2016 4:15 a.m.
If that's the only reason you run it, then use the much cheaper Aegis of the Gods. Or you could run Orbs of Warding, or Leyline of Sanctity, Witchbane Orb, or Spirit of the Hearth. In other words, there are much better alternatives than Sigarda.
November 14, 2016 8:55 p.m.
Whoops. Forgot to mention I also use her because she's a legendary flyer I can search for with sisay. Can't leave myself wide open to flying attacks. Lost way too many games because of it. Haha.
November 14, 2016 9:08 p.m.
Buy I do wonder, can I use a Murmuring Bosk in this deck legally? The forest land that taps for green or pay one life and it taps for white? Sounds like a no brainer but I'm wondering because it also taps for black if I pay 1 life. I should be able to use it since it is a forest right?
November 15, 2016 10:10 a.m.
Unfortunately you cannot. The color identity of Murmuring Bosk is GWB.
November 15, 2016 10:17 a.m.
But isn't color identity refering to the actual mana symbols on the cmc? I could've sworn I read somewhere that you can have land cards that does not match the color identity of the commander it would just be treated as colorless.
November 15, 2016 11:31 a.m.
Okay so ulamog the ceaseless hunger good or bad addition to this deck?
November 21, 2016 10:42 p.m.
I like it... Like you I run Sisay & make them chase my permanent production (Many random players say I should run more cheap removal until they play against the deck) My play group just recently faced the wrath of trying to control the ridiculous Sisay boardstate & 2 of those players were black primary loaded with various removal & destruction...It turned into a 3 vs 1 match that I still ended up winning.
Your deck has many similarities to mine, one thing I agree on above is that you probably could benefit from more lands, my deck has a lower mana curve than yours but still totals @ about 43 lands
3) Akroma's Memorial Unless you have a special place in your heart for Akroma replace her with this
4) Gaddock Teeg
December 11, 2016 12:19 a.m.
Gaddock Teeg will just hinder me. So will that particular selvala because it can benefit my opponent aswell. I don't want to give any help to my opponent. That's why I no longer play primal vigour because some guy alted sorin grim nemesis and ended with 150 1/1 dudes on the field and killed everyone. Lesson learned. Plus I won't trade akroma for her statue because that's why I have odric lunarch Marshall. Yes the statue gives all my creatures hee abilities but it's not a creature itself nor does it count towards devotion that I need to play nykthos. I use 35 lands which is the bare minimum for commander but since I play green I can ramp pretty well. Specially if I have nykthos, miraris wake, and vorinclex. I tried having kytheon in my deck at some point early on but I just didn't have the room for him. Sure he would be great in noncommander but his planeswalker abilities are lacking. It has no alt doesn't boost my dudes, sure it gives them indestructible til end of turn and untaps them but that's why I have heliod. Battleforged is just a diversion to force target to attack him and the just chumpblock with something else.
December 11, 2016 9:02 a.m.
Kytheon lets you use Sisay 2x per turn, or Selvala 2x per turn, or Yisan 2x per turn... etc
The 1 card draw for opponent is near inconsequential when you should be running the heaviest beaters anyway (depends on your meta), It is worth it when she taps for 5 mana or more
Also, Reki, History of Kamigawa has worked pretty well
Then again your deck is a little more token/overrun than mine so whatever floats your boat
December 11, 2016 4:13 p.m.
That us true now that I think about it. But still it doesn't change the fact that there's no a single card in my deck I can take out to make room for kytheon. Yeah but playing against someone who plays blue or black at any given second that extra card could spell doom. Thursday I was at a 3 man pod. Myself and the 3rd guy were using sisay. We both had avacyn out and I also had elvish piper and iona. I dropped the 2nd player to 2 life and he's playing atraxa. He pulls cyclonic rift and and then plays genesis wave. Game over right there. Yeah my deck is not strictly tokens but they can do the job. Alted ajani caller of the Pride and got 65 tokens at once.
December 11, 2016 6:27 p.m.
Haha... Well that's why you have Gaddock teeg out there ;) Very few mass removals can be cast for 3cmc. Usually playing blue/black they won't be playing a tough enough creature to benefit from the single card draw... They are going to be spending that kind of mana on say; Cyclonic rift for eg... If they are somehow playing something stronger than your 8/8 Avacyn AND STILL playing whatever card they get from the draw then you have MUCH bigger problems than a limited single card draw for the opponent.
Actually, if you already have Avacyn & Selvala out & Iona in your hand you can tap for 8 mana, any color & only need to eek out 1 more to cast Iona and name 'blue'... no more blue workaround all your indestructible junk. Elvish piper is superior for this type of thing in some ways but you cannot search for the piper & he only works for cheating in a creature.
Not that I care that you choose to do things differently, I just like talking Sisay & seeing different takes on it
If you ever pull a turn 5 Multani, Maro-Sorcerer turning into a 30/30 creature with shroud in a 5 player game then you wish you had Selvala in there too.
December 11, 2016 7:51 p.m.
December 26, 2016 8:53 a.m.
Planar Bridge because searching & plopping walkers super crazy fun
April 28, 2017 11:27 p.m.
If your goal is to adapt the deck to different playstyles, then I have some hate bears to recommend to you:
Gaddock Teeg is first and foremost. Thalia, Heretic Cathar is also quite strong and can give you time to respond to, say, a Krenko, Mob Boss deck producing 50+ goblin tokens with haste by controlling Umbral Mantle and Goblin Warchief, that would otherwise get a swift win by killing you (they can't all swing if they enter tapped, right?). This gives you another turn you would not have normally had to board wipe, cast a creature that may stymie that plan, etc..
Kataki, War's Wage is incredible. You barely run any artifacts, and taxing specific strategies can give you a strong edge (it hurts Arcum Dagsson and Sharuum the Hegemon, Voltron strategies that use equipment, etc.).
As for cuts to fit these in:
Mirri can go. She's just a beater, and you can do better than a beater. Giving her slot to Dosan or Kataki would be very beneficial for your deck.
Jareth, Leonine Titan is mediocre. Its only effective as a blocker, and you have creatures that already do that better. Thalia would be much lower in mana cost, slow down your opponents nonbasic lands, and shut off your opponent's creatures with haste. That's huge.
I also feel like you could do better than Jugan the Rising Star by slotting the other of Dosan or Kataki here: Much lower mana cost, more relevant abilities (5 +1/+1 counters isn't really that much).
That'd help lower your mana curve a little bit, as it's absurdly high right now which doesn't help the specific weaknesses this deck has against certain strategies, specifically Voltron.
June 26, 2017 10:56 p.m.
Thalia will definitely be a great addition. But honestly I have no problem with my mana curve. I ramp quite efficiently. I don't do dosan because I already have dragonlord dromoka for that. And garon teeg screws me over.
June 27, 2017 8:47 a.m.
- With the advent of Turdley McLOCUSTGOD I may consider Thalia, Heretic Cathar more strongly, he may move TOO QUICK for me to wait for more costly counter strategies - Yes, Elesh does shut him up nicely, but at a 7cmc
- The humble budget-friendly Wild Pair is pretty nutty in my Sisay deck... One particularly crippling combo was: Wild pair --> Selvala, Explorer Returned (also budget-friendly) --> Wild pair kicks in --> selvala has the same TOTAL power+toughness as....drumroll.... Seedborn Muse NOW if your opponents have no IMMEDIATE answer, on their first upkeep, you search Yeva, Nature's Herald + Wild pair kicks again + whatever 4/4 you want to play - Then the horror show truly begins... then they start having to think about whether they need to wipe your creatures or deal with wild pair.
- Djeru, With Eyes Open will be conducive to your "fun" stipulation I think, A 4/3 beater w/ vigilance, who will ALSO allow you to toolbox some of your walkers, sounds fun to me
July 7, 2017 11:59 p.m.
No to djeru. It's a one shot. And no to wild pairs because not many of my creature share both power and toughness. 7 cmc for elesh is not a problem for me.
July 8, 2017 10:41 a.m.
1) Well, I would say djeru has some reasonable permanent value beyond his ETB effect (which rules), but I understand. In my deck 5cmc is underrepresented so he can fill a pretty vital slot if a game is looking like karametra will be a waste
2) & you are right that with your deck wild pair would get you less matchup value... in my setup that spell fetches MANY linchpin combos with creatures I cannot usually search at will with Sisay or fetches a high CMC creature when a lower CMC creature is played: I play Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite = Blazing Archon | Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite = Archetype of Endurance | Selvala, Explorer Returned = Seedborn Muse | Karametra, God of Harvests = Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger | Odric, Lunarch Marshal = Champion of Rhonas
So you can see how I get excited about that enchantment in terms of sheer value (& low budget to boot)... But yeah, looking at your deck I could see how it would hold quite a bit less synergy for you... One of the best fetches you would have would be Omnath, Locus of Mana = Elvish Piper
July 8, 2017 6:03 p.m.
1) karametra is an amazing card i always search for. Do you not see that I have all the dual lands that are both forests and plains?
2) i agree with Omnath and piper. I made this deck to have multiple win conditions and roadblocks. I make them work efficiently. The other day I primal surge and dumped my entire deck in 1 turn onto the battlefield and won because there's no way to stop such an unstoppable force
July 8, 2017 10:16 p.m.
1) I also use Karametra & certainly am not recommending removing it from your deck, I'm just saying that BOTH our decks are fairly low on searchable 5 cmc utility, I have played several games where the 5drop (usually the turn after Sisay is played) is very important & I can just see that Karametra will be a waste play. Some such games are when I was playing against Kaalia & needed a less slow-build type of card, or when my opponent had an obvious exiling card lined up & waiting for me. Djeru is so opposite of Karametra - mid/late game slow build (important for the long term) vs. immediate search & interest in short-term ETB effect. But, I will be playtesting with him plenty for funzies so I'll have to see how much fun value he actually adds to the mix. I guess my other 5 cmc powerhouse right now is Paradox Engine
2) Haha, I love it when primal surge drops in a deck like this... You have enough static lock effects that it is pretty dern unstoppable once it gets rolling.
July 8, 2017 11:30 p.m.
Please login to comment
|Date added||1 year|
|Last updated||12 hours|
This deck is Commander / EDH legal.
|Tokens||4/4 Elemental, 3/3 Elephant, Elspeth, 2/1 Cleric, 1/1 Soldier, 2/2 Cat|
|Folders||Favorites, Green White Ideas, Favs|