- 4x Bristling Hydra
- 4x Electrostatic Pummeler
- 4x Longtusk Cub
- 2x Rhonas the Indomitable
- 4x Servant of the Conduit
- 4x Voltaic Brawler
Comments View Archive
What would you change because marvel ban? Also will you do a HOU update once spoilers are finished? What are cards that might be replaced? In other words what are the weakest links?
June 21, 2017 5:45 a.m.
The short story:
- Frankly, I put the deck back on the shelf after the Marvel ban.
- Yes, I will definitely try a Pummeler deck again in HOU.
- There's a ton of flexibility with both the Creature slots and the pump effects.
- Pummeler itself is, by far, the weakest link.
The long story:
- This deck had serious game against Marvel ... I was personally 5-2 (71%) in matches against it. But with Marvel out of the picture now, there's room in the meta for BG Constrictor and Mardu Vehicles, and that's a REALLY bad thing. Facing Walking Ballista is TERRIBLE (because it's an almost perfect Pummeler-killer) and the deck often struggles against Glorybringer and other Flyers (because it has no inherent Flyers nor creatures with Reach).
- As I type this, the vast majority of the meta is a bad match-up or worse: 22% BG Constrictor (4x Ballista), 11% Mardu Vehicles (4x Glorybringer plus 2-4 other Flyers and 0-2x Ballista), 10% Mono-B Zombies (actually a decent match-up), 10% Temur Energy (4x Glorybringer and a bunch of Thopter Tokens), 8% RG Aggro (including the occasional Pummeler deck, but mostly 4x Glorybringer plus 0-4 other Flyers), and 5% UW Flyers (12-14 Flyers). Ugh.
- On cards that could be replaced: IMO, the deck needs 4x Electrostatic Pummeler, 4x Servant of the Conduit, 4x Attune with Aether, 4x Blossoming Defense, 3-4x Harnessed Lightning and 20-22 Lands (depending on your curve) to function. But there's a ton of flexibility on the other Creature slots and the Pump/Trample/Big Damage effects. For example, this deck's got 4x Invigorated Rampage and 2x Rhonas the Indomitable for Pump and Trample effects, and 2x Fling for Big Damage. But during KLD Standard, I ran 3x Larger Than Life, 3x Brute Strength and 2x Arlinn Kord/sometimes 2x Nature's Way for the pump and Trample, and 2x Uncaged Fury for Big Damage.
Hope this helps!
June 21, 2017 7:48 a.m.
I told people that decks would make a return.
Way back before AKH.
June 21, 2017 11:27 a.m.
I would suggest add Aethersphere Harvester to the sideboard or main against fliers
July 16, 2017 1 p.m.
July 16, 2017 1:27 p.m.
Not just because you can bring it in against fliers. The Lifelink can save the game.
July 16, 2017 3:01 p.m.
Or were you just saying it's generally a great card worthy of Pro consideration? If that's what you meant, then yeah, sure. It's a great card.
July 16, 2017 3:17 p.m.
July 16, 2017 5:54 p.m.
You can keep spending to keep yourself out of trouble until you get your pieces together.
July 17, 2017 8:50 a.m.
I think we may be talking past each other :-)
I know it's a fine card. But you've seen Pro (or really, any competitive) Pummeler decks with Aethersphere Harvester?!? Because I'd love to see those lists!
July 17, 2017 9:03 a.m.
July 17, 2017 9:06 a.m.
clayperce from where I'm sitting I understand what you're saying.
Unfortunately I'm not like you in that I'll just read stuff and not keep a record of where I saw it.
July 17, 2017 9:27 a.m.
Ok, no worries. Thanks though; I'll definitely keep an eye out!
July 17, 2017 9:45 a.m.
September 17, 2017 1:45 p.m.
Please login to comment
|Date added||5 months|
|Last updated||1 month|
This deck is Casual legal.
|Folders||Standart, Cool concepts, Cool Decks, AKH, Yup, Competitive Gruul, Gruul, Cool Decks, Decks, Interesting, See all 33|
|Top rank||#1 on 2017-06-01|