- 1x Cinder Glade
- 1x Command Tower
- 1x Dryad Arbor
- 1x Fire-Lit Thicket
- 11x Forest
- 1x Gruul Turf
- 1x Homeward Path
- 1x Karplusan Forest
- 1x Kessig Wolf Run
- 1x Khalni Garden
- 1x Mossfire Valley
- 1x Mountain
- 1x Opal Palace
- 1x Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
- 1x Rogue's Passage
- 1x Rootbound Crag
- 1x Skarrg, the Rage Pits
- 1x Stomping Ground
- 1x Strip Mine
- 1x Taiga
- 1x Wooded Foothills
- 1x Yavimaya Hollow
- 1x Anger
- 1x Boartusk Liege
- 1x Brawn
- 1x Khenra Charioteer
- 1x Purphoros, God of the Forge
- 1x Vexing Shusher
- 1x Xenagos, the Reveler
- 1x Ant Queen
- 1x Arlinn Kord Flip
- 1x Artifact Mutation
- 1x Avenger of Zendikar
- 1x Awakening Zone
- 1x Dragon Broodmother
- 1x Dragonlair Spider
- 1x Dragonmaster Outcast
- 1x Fresh Meat
- 1x From Beyond
- 1x Hooded Hydra
- 1x Hornet Queen
- 1x Mycoloth
- 1x Primeval Bounty
- 1x Sylvan Offering
- 1x Tana, the Bloodsower
- 1x Wolfbriar Elemental
- 1x Bloom Tender
- 1x Collective Voyage
- 1x Cryptolith Rite
- 1x Cultivate
- 1x Earthcraft
- 1x Far Wanderings
- 1x Gruul Signet
- 1x Kodama's Reach
- 1x Mina and Denn, Wildborn
- 1x Radha, Heir to Keld
- 1x Rampant Growth
- 1x Sakura-Tribe Elder
- 1x Sol Ring
- 1x Talisman of Impulse
- 1x Zhur-Taa Druid
Card Advantage (8)
- 1x Evolutionary Leap
- 1x Garruk, Primal Hunter
- 1x Harmonize
- 1x Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- 1x Psychotrope Thallid
- 1x Shamanic Revelation
- 1x Skullclamp
- 1x Slate of Ancestry
+1 Counters (6)
- 1x Bloodspore Thrinax
- 1x Bow of Nylea
- 1x Ivy Lane Denizen
- 1x Rubblebelt Raiders
- 1x Savageborn Hydra
- 1x Vigor
Now this is a cool list! Exactly my cup of tea; unique underplayed commander, +1/+1 counter shenanigans and tokens for days!
Oran-Rief, the Vastwood is a great utility land that strengthens each of your tokens; very relevant if Ulasht is about to die and you just need to pump out a bunch of Saprolings.
Hooded Hydra is great because you can play it face down early on and play mind games with your opponent, then later flip it to generate a bunch of Snake tokens. Excellent card to stack counters on.
Since your commander cares so much about having a bunch of creatures on the board, Xenagos, the Reveler seems like the perfect planeswalker that'll ramp you out for a bunch, and generate multicolored tokens that'll count double for Ulasht.
April 17, 2017 3:56 p.m.
Nice to see an Ulasht list!
April 18, 2017 2:15 p.m.
Thank you for the feedback :)
- Oran-Rief, the Vastwood is great in this deck! I added it instead of a forrest.
- Hooded Hydra is also awesome. I needed something that could fit in the 3 CMC bucket :)
- Xenagos, the Reveler was already in the deck (hidden under ramp) and he is pure joy
- The rest are also good suggestions, but I'm not sure I can find room for them.
- I always found Impact Tremors a bit underwhelming. I don't even run it in Can you feel the ground shake?
- Druids' Repository attack requirement makes it too situational (often my tokens would just sit back) and Food Chain is a tad weak for a spot with tokens.
- I am strongly considering Fecundity, since I really need draw, but I also worry about helping my opponents too much... and I can only use so many cards at once.
- Psychotrope Thallid should have a spot. More card advantage is what this deck need! But what to drop... I'll have to think
April 18, 2017 3:17 p.m.
The choices to cut are stiff, but I believe the correct choices are Predatory Advantage and Fires of Yavimaya. Advantage is good in multiplayer, but against other creature-based decks, it's an expensive dud, and Anger is a better substitute for the Fires of Yavimaya.
Something I've learned hard is that sometimes cool cards have to go for card advantage, because otherwise you'll never draw them anyway.
April 18, 2017 6:16 p.m.
- I think your cuts are right, even though the missing haste will be annoying (especially when combined with Cryptolith Rite). I've dropped Predatory Advantage and Fires of Yavimaya for Harmonize and Psychotrope Thallid.
- I still need to find room for some more card advantage to get the deck rolling consistently
April 19, 2017 1:48 a.m.
April 19, 2017 1:52 a.m.
No one seemed to mention a card called Vigor this thing is insane all your attackers and blockers become huge but it might not be what you are looking for.
April 19, 2017 6:26 p.m.
Hey man just taking a look over this deck since its about my favorite commander :) A few recommendations when it comes to lands, Skarrg, the Rage Pits is one that I recommend since you look to be wanting to do a little more voltron with Ulasht and giving him another way to gain trample is never a bad thing. Opal Palace is a hidden gem that I personally love in my Ulasht deck since I find myself killing him off a few times to make tokens and to just have him come back that much more beefy is such value. Khalni Garden makes a dude and dudes are value in this deck! Dryad Arbor Idk about budget but this land is a dude and a land that is just nuts for this deck. That is all the cards I will litter your comment section with. If you have any thoughts or need suggestions check out my deck Army of Mushrooms and Friends on Mushrooms. Enjoy :)
April 21, 2017 2:07 p.m.
Ah a fellow token abuser... Well, for all that's worth, i'd suggest a good old squirrel combo with Squirrel Nest and Earthcraft! Where the first can get you a free token for a land tap, the latter is basically a better version of Cryptolith Rite (as long as you have at least a basic), for the tokens can be tapped on the same turn they enter the battlefield... And well, together they simply overrun any opponent with an infinite army of squirrels!
Then, i usually play a Craterhoof Behemoth, with some tokens you can bypass any defense.
I'd suggest also an Eldrazi Monument, for when you have a good generation of tokens and want them to fly up in the sky.
Other cards... Second Harvest is good, a little situational though; Awakening Zone and From Beyond are a reliable source of tokens AND mana, but to fully exploit the second one you should run an eldrazi (which, in my opinion, is never a bad choice).
April 23, 2017 5:24 p.m.
I'd also like to emphasize the already suggested Earthcraft. Being able to tap a creature for mana the turn it comes in is amazing benefit. I run both a Marath, Will of the Combo and a Ghave, Guru of Combos deck, so I can attest to its usefulness, as well as its superiority to Cryptolith Rite. (Though I would likely say run both)
Also, Mana Echoes generates an obscene amount of colorless mana. If that's something you think you can use or not is up to you.
April 23, 2017 9:58 p.m.
Thanks for all the feedback. These are really good suggestions and I'm incorporating them into the deck...
- I'll add in all the lands you suggest. I'm taking out mountains, and I am also taking out mountains for dual producing lands to mitigate the hit on my green mana. This makes some of my ramp spells less usefull.
- Earthcraft is insane and is going straight into the deck. I don't want to go infinite in this deck, so I'll pass on the Squirrel Nest (at least for now).
- I have a preference towards not playing Craterhoof Behemoth, but it is a great addition to the deck.
- I'll have to think about Eldrazi Monument. It would have to push out one of my other anthems, and I'm not sure I want to do that.
- Awakening Zone and From Beyond fits the deck very nicely. I'll replace Skyshroud Claim and Chancellor of the Forge for those. Better curve, better ramp, and more creatures.
- Ivy Lane Denizen is a pretty nice combo with Ulasht, but is also quite usefull with the doublers and the theme. He'll get a spot.
- I should probably just build an Marath, Will of the Wild deck, just to compare before I purchase ;)
- Mountain --> Fire-Lit Thicket. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Command Tower. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Mossfire Valley. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Skarrg, the Rage Pits. More trample for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Khalni Garden. Extra token
- Mountain --> Dryad Arbor. Counts as a creature for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Opal Palace. Makes Ulasht stronger later on
- Hornet Nest --> Earthcraft. Mana tricks for the win
- Chancellor of the Forge --> Ivy Lane Denizen
- Skyshroud Claim --> From Beyond. More allround for my needs (tokens and mana)
- Verdant Force --> Awakening Zone. More allorund for this deck (tokens and mana)
Cheers, and thanks again :)
April 24, 2017 7:49 a.m.
If you haven't purchased the deck yet, I would definitely suggest looking at Marath before you do, as he has the exact same abilities plus more, and grants access to white. Very fun deck to run. Though people do still tend to run Ulasht, largely because having The Hate Seed as your commander just sounds cool. Ultimately, the two are similar enough that what matters is your personal attachment to the card or the deck.
April 24, 2017 8 a.m.
To the comment about not having responses to indestructible creatures, consider picking up a Soul-Scar Mage!
April 24, 2017 7:28 p.m.
Use Death's Presence to get a lot of counters from things you lose.
May 13, 2017 1:11 p.m.
Ulasht has more of a token focus than Marath does, seeing as Ulasht grows with creatures and Marath just grows the more times he dies. That said, you can make an Ulasht deck, splash white for Marath and everything will still be happy. Enough of that though.
A bit of help from a Marath player running Primal surge, who basically had the same draw problem you did.
It's like harmonize, that's as big as your commander is, and does that much damage to target player.
Also, to the comment about not having responses to indestructible creatures: Fack that soul-scar mage shiz, pick up a Sword of Kaldra, and start running an equipment package.
Actually since I'm bringing up deathtouch, Nightshade Peddler is great too.
May 15, 2017 6:22 a.m.
Just re-read Ulasht, Nix Keen sense, sorry about that... They're not as similar as I thought... -sigh-
See what I get for lumping Ulasht together with marath, I forget to read cards...
May 15, 2017 6:24 a.m.
May 15, 2017 11:29 a.m.
Please login to comment
|Date added||3 months|
|Last updated||3 months|
This deck is Commander / EDH legal.
|Tokens||0/1 Insect, 1/1 Elf Warrior, 2/2 Wolf, Arlinn, 0/1 Plant, 5/5 Wurm, 3/3 Beast, 1/1 Snake, 1/1 Saproling, 0/1 Eldrazi Spawn, 6/6 Dragon, 2/2 Satyr, */* Treefolk, 1/1 Eldrazi Scion|
|Folders||Very Cool Decks, decks, EDH fun, EDH Decks, Other Peoples Decks, ideas, potential deck ideas, Awesome Decks, Modern, Liked Decks, See all 17|
|Top rank||#3 on 2017-04-28|
Revision 4 (3 months ago)
|-1||Chancellor of the Forge||main|
|+1||Ivy Lane Denizen||main|
|+1||Skarrg, the Rage Pits||main|