- 1x Archangel of Thune
- 1x Auriok Champion
- 1x Brimaz, King of Oreskos
- 1x Captain of the Watch
- 1x Catapult Master
- 1x Darien, King of Kjeldor
- 1x Daru Warchief
- 1x Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
- 1x Field Marshal
- 1x Healer of the Pride
- 1x Hero of Bladehold
- 1x Imposing Sovereign
- 1x Knight-Captain of Eos
- 1x Loxodon Gatekeeper
- 1x Mirror Entity
- 1x Odric, Master Tactician
- 1x Preeminent Captain
- 1x Soul Warden
- 1x Soul's Attendant
- 1x Suture Priest
- 1x Veteran Swordsmith
- 1x Weathered Wayfarer
- 1x Caged Sun
- 1x Coat of Arms
- 1x Dolmen Gate
- 1x Door of Destinies
- 1x Marble Diamond
- 1x Obelisk of Urd
- 1x Skullclamp
- 1x Slate of Ancestry
- 1x Sol Ring
- 1x Spear of Heliod
- 1x Strionic Resonator
- 1x Sun Droplet
- 1x Veteran's Armaments
- 1x Worn Powerstone
- 1x Conqueror's Pledge
- 1x Hour of Reckoning
- 1x Martial Coup
- 1x Mass Calcify
- 1x Nomads' Assembly
- 1x Revoke Existence
- 1x Rout
- 1x Wrath of God
- 1x Angelic Chorus
- 1x Banishing Light
- 1x Cathars' Crusade
- 1x Crescendo of War
- 1x Dictate of Heliod
- 1x Glorious Anthem
- 1x Honor of the Pure
- 1x Intangible Virtue
- 1x Militia's Pride
- 1x Mobilization
- 1x Oblivion Ring
- 1x True Conviction
This is my mono white soldier deck focused on the idea of taking damage, then healing back with the synergy between Darien, King of Kjeldor and Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant and Suture Priest whilst gaining a ton of soldiers in the process.
I want this to become a sort of defensive/pillowfort deck which can bite back pretty damn hard, suggestions very welcome!
Now, onto the explanations:
- Ballyrush Banneret Makes stuff cheaper and gets commander out quicker
- Captain of the Watch Buffs my guys
- Catapult Master Very good repeatable removal
- Knight-Captain of Eos helps out in sticky situations
- Mirror Entity Anthem * X
- Odric, Master Tactician Controlling who dies and who doesn't
- Preeminent Captain Gets soldiers out quick for pressure early on
- Soul Warden / Soul's Attendant / Suture Priest Key parts of the deck
- Mentor of the Meek Card draw
- Hero of Bladehold Pretty much doubles the power of my soldiers
- Field Marshal A tad obvious
- Veteran Armorer / Veteran Armorsmith / Veteran Swordsmith They all buff my guys
Removal / Pseudo-Removal:-
- Reciprocate Great in conjunction with Darien
- Retaliate Great in conjunction with Darien
- Return to Dust
- Oblivion Ring
- Catapult Master
- Spear of Heliod Great in conjunction with Darien
- Martial Coup
- Hour of Reckoning Huge boardwipe mostly in my favour
Non-Creature Anthems / Buffs:-
- Glorious Anthem
- Honor of the Pure
- Intangible Virtue
- Mobilization Great after a boardwipe to rebuild army
- Spear of Heliod
- Konda's Banner On a Legendary white soldier gives +2/+2 to all white soldiers +2/+2
- Cathars' Crusade Insane when you are having a load of creatures enter this is insane
Synergies (Please tell me if i miss any):-
- Darien, King of Kjeldor + Suture Priest
- Darien, King of Kjeldor + Soul's Attendant
- Darien, King of Kjeldor + Soul Warden
- Mentor of the Meek + Darien, King of Kjeldor (Token maker) Card draw for cheap
- Preeminent Captain + any other soldier Pretty obvious
- Darien, King of Kjeldor + Tarnished Citadel (+ Soul Warden) Tap for 3 soldiers
- Skullclamp + Soldier Tokens Lots of cheap card draw
- Heliod, God of the Sun Will be a creature most of the time and is a good beater
- Mikaeus, the Lunarch Can buff all of your creatures and make a little weeny army very dangerous
- Odric, Master Tactician Its battalion like mechanic will pretty much always work and is very powerful
Massively updated this deck to get rid of the budget options and add some pretty expensive yet incredibly powerful cards.
Still looking for suggestions and since price is no problem, anything is welcome!
Dolmen Gate - Lets me attack with my creatures without worry
Healer of the Pride - Another soul sister, albeit not as good
Ajani's Pridemate - With a soul sister he becomes a big threat
Kabira Vindicator - Another anthem
Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant - Protection for my creatures
Fiend Hunter - Removal on a body
Brave the Elements - Never seemed as good in EDH as it is only one turn of protection
Gilded Lotus - Seemed a bit pricy so i am dropping it for now
Mask of Avacyn - There are better ways to protect my commander
Throne of Empires - The effect is just not good enough for only one soldier
Evangel of Heliod - The effect is not good enough for the mana cost
July 28, 2014 7:47 a.m.
I cannot make card links on my phone so I apologize in advance. Staff of Nin may be worth considering. One sided card draw is nice and you can ping yourself for 1 to make instant speed chump blockers. Or you can do it during the person before you's end step to make a slow engine. The engine isn't the best but instant speed chump blockers and additional card draw in white may be enough to give it a shot.
July 28, 2014 9:59 a.m.
Also, Daru Warchief and Strionic Resonator. Any time you take damage you can double the amount of tokens you generate with the Resonator.
July 28, 2014 10:06 a.m.
I love the deck. Do you think you could find a place for a Dictate of Heliod ?
August 1, 2014 2:50 p.m.
Hey evkede thanks! Will find room for the dictate, not keeping up to date very well.
August 1, 2014 3:53 p.m.
I'm not sure if this has been pointed out but, Mentor of the Meek is anti-synergestic with any of your buffs (and you are running a lot of those) because with 2 or more static buffs the tokens will be entering as 3/3s or bigger. I think he is a great card when no buffs are on the field, but with as many as you run (I counted no less than 10) I don't see that happening very often.
And with no budget limit a decent amount of mana ramp opens up: Mana Crypt Mox Diamond Chrome Mox Mana Vault Grim Monolith all make mana the turn they come out albeit with a slight downside if you are willing to pay that.
August 2, 2014 8:25 p.m.
Thanks for the comment redawk, i do agree with the comment about the mentor so i may take him out for some of the cards you said.
Some of the ramp i may put in too, thanks!
August 3, 2014 7:28 p.m.
August 3, 2014 7:53 p.m.
The path just doesn't seem to do as much good as it could as i already have plenty of buffs that are better and more effective, the sovereign and gatekeeper, however, are really good and may find a place.
August 5, 2014 9:27 p.m.
Although not a soldier Ajani Steadfast could make a great addition to this deck. Not only can he buff a single creature but he can create a permanent "anthem" affect on your whole army of soldiers. If he does get his -7 you would lose a lot of token production but it can act as last line of defense.
August 14, 2014 4:04 p.m.
Sorry for two comments in a row but I feel that Martial Coup is a great fit for this deck.
August 14, 2014 4:06 p.m.
Please login to comment
|Date added||1 year|
|Last updated||10 months|
This deck is Commander / EDH legal.
|Tokens||1/1 Cat, Elspeth, 1/1 Soldier, 1/1 Kor Soldier, Elspeth, 1/1 Kithkin Soldier|
|Folders||Fav decks, Edh, dix, commander decks of interest, Decks to make, Ideas / Decks to make, things to make, EDH, Finished, decks, Red, C. fun EDH, awesome EDH ideas, edh, Commander, Mono-White EDH, Deck ideas, commander, Want? , EDH Decks|
|Top rank||#43 on 2014-04-20|