Commander / EDH
SCORE: 376 | 264 COMMENTS | 48170 VIEWS | IN 114 FOLDERS
Big Changes —July 19, 2018
I've made 4 card changes in recent weeks.
- Archetype of Endurance - Ended up never needing to hardcast it, and the only time it saw play was a big Genesis Wave and by then, it was already too late for my opponents.
- Tangle - With it only being a one time use, and more and more creatures having the ability to gain vigilance, it was time to change it out.
- Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip - I love this card, but it proved to be too slow in this deck and once I flipped her, I only used her +1 ability.So I felt it was time to give something else a try.
- Primalcrux - This card was the last generic creature I had, as in it had no utility or card advantage abilities to help the deck. It got really big, really fast, and paired with certain mana generators, it netted me a lot of mana, but I finally opted to gain more utility for the deck since I can make all of my creatures as big as I want.
- Added in:
- Vivien Reid - All of her abilities are usable within in my gameplan and should do great things to help me get to my end game.
- Ramunap Excavator - Helps me recover from land destruction which has begun to show up more in my playgroup, and allows me to discard lands when an opponent forces me to discard, so I can easily play them from the graveyard. Also the first step in adding in Fetchlands and possibly Strip Mine / Wasteland in the future.
- Constant Mists - Reusable fog and paired with Ramunap Excavator, gives me turbo fog.
- Runic Armasaur - I wanted a good replacement for Primalcrux and I think this guy will do well with the potential card advantage I can gain.
I do not want to waste your time nor to be a nuisance...
Could I humbly ask for some of your input/help regarding my new r/g aggro deck ?It is called Fire and Nature - Chandra and Nissa in Dominaria
May 5, 2018 5:13 p.m.
It's never a nuisance to ask for help. I'm a little busy at the moment but I will definitely take a look later today and give any input I can.
May 5, 2018 5:34 p.m.
May 8, 2018 1:13 p.m.
There's a fun rules interaction with Deathtouch and Trample, as you may know. Since Trample assigns all damage above lethal (for the blocker) to the defending player, Deathtouch means that even 1 damage is lethal. This means that a 9/9 with DT can be blocked by a 8/8, and still assign 8 damage to the defending player. Bow of Nylea is one card that gives deathtouch to your whole board when attacking
May 8, 2018 1:49 p.m.
VETJasper I love Glacial Chasm, it's a great card just not for this deck. Health is a precious commodity and I try to save mine for card advantage through Sylvan Library. Constant Mists is on the table though, I got a Ramunap Excavator to combo with it just figuring out what to trade out to make it all work. ecmmyers,Bow of Nylea will be finding a home in here, ive just been lazy about it because currently this deck easily tramples over the other decks in my playgroup, but I like making things easier on myself.
May 9, 2018 1:22 p.m.
Oh, it says "Legend" in the Subtype. I forget older cards did that. Sorry for the confusion.
May 11, 2018 9:02 p.m.
Very nice deck, feel like commander could be a bit better, but I know how attachments to some cards are, so I won't make a big deal about it. It still works extremely well, and it's nice you were able to make an effective deck with cards you like, as thats not something that can always be done.
June 22, 2018 7:54 p.m.
The commander could be better? Not sure how. I have a commander that can turn lands into creatures as both an offensive and defensive tool and he overruns at instant speed as much as I want.
June 22, 2018 9:01 p.m.
If you want some green suggestion take at look at my Azusa list here: [Primer] Azusa, Lost But Unfair [MTGO], it has some eldrazi in but you can definitely add some great green cards in this deck such as Exploration.
July 1, 2018 8:10 a.m.
I would never cast Nevinyrral's Disk on turn 4. I usually only cast it if I have Seedborn Muse out so I can wipe at the beginning of the next players turn and turn everyone's lands into creatures. Oblivion Stone is a great card. But doesn't do what I want it to do. I will make sure to check out your deck, thanks again for the suggestion.
July 1, 2018 9:32 a.m.
if you're still looking for some more win cons, depending ho many people in your play group play Green Bellowing Tanglewurm might be a good add. Also Predatory Focus to break through defenses. If you find yourself having flying troubles Sandwurm Convergence and Silklash Spider.
July 1, 2018 9:58 a.m.
I originally ran Bellowing Tanglewurm when I made the deck, I took it out a couple years ago as the power level grew. I currently have no problem trampling over the other decks in my meta, but I'm actually working towards putting Bow of Nylea to help in any tight situations. Predatory Focus us a very interesting card and I may have to playtest it as a finisher. Flying is only occasionally a problem, I'll try to take out those types of decks first, but with the addition of Vivien Reid I think I'll be ok. Thanks for the suggestions!!
July 1, 2018 12:35 p.m.
I mean, Oblivion Stone helps to deal with planeswalkers too when Beast Within or Karn Liberated are not in hand. I really reccomend you to try that change, it's more mana intensive but helps you to save your game if you are in an awkward position. Artifacts, Enchantmenst and Creatures are all destroyed by Oblivion Stone too and you can use your commander ability in the same way as you do with your current disk
July 2, 2018 4:53 a.m.
I shall test it out. Thanks again for the recommendation
July 2, 2018 10:39 a.m.
Have you considered Siege Behemoth? I run it in my omnath and it works really well to run everyone over.
July 3, 2018 5:12 p.m.
I hadn't. I'll playtest it though. But I think Bow of Nylea will ultimately win a slot due to the lower mana cost and chance at killing blockers. Thanks for the suggestion!
July 3, 2018 5:39 p.m.
Skinshifter is a nice mutable swiss army knife for being a blocker or an attacker. Its done alot of work for me in my tiny leaders. (I admit its cuz i abuse the plant mode.)
July 8, 2018 11:54 a.m.
I ran skinshifter in early versions of the deck, but ultimately cut it as I was able to to afford more powerful cards and found that cards that better suited the deck. It was a great card early game, but was just a vanilla creature I never used mid and late game.
July 8, 2018 1:20 p.m.
Not a revelutionary thought, but it might be useful.