SCORE: 30 | 20 COMMENTS | 3423 VIEWS | IN 13 FOLDERS
Ranking Changes 7/5/2019 —July 5, 2019
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar demoted to High-Power.
- Reason: Lack of decklists to support max-power position and subsequent competitive position.
- Advanced Nissa, Steward of Elements to Maximum-Power.
- Reason: Abilities and combo potential meet maximum-power standards. X-cost assisted in this decision.
- Advanced Aminatou, the Fateshifter to Competitive.
- Reason: Variety of decks utilizing the card. Efficient combo engine. Exceeds the high-power benchmark.
I like the idea of this list. Its a good tool to help a play group stay on the same level. Clearly its not cut and dry, the 58 have a bigger impact, but this is a starting place. And if you don't mind talking about specific cases I'm curious as to why some cards that are clearly more powerful alone are rated lower. Not an argument or anything like that, just curious as I have not played the format extensively. Things like Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas vs Tezzeret the Schemer Agent of Bolas seems like a much stronger choice to me.
July 3, 2019 12:31 p.m.
- As stated in the guidelines, latent abilities were given value. Some abilities have greater value than others. After having examined the two 'walkers abilities, one made the high-power benchmark, and the other did not.
- The two 'walkers may be reassessed given the competitive environment and decklist variety.
July 3, 2019 7:50 p.m.
It would be nice if you could feature some decklists especially for commanders in the Maximum Power/Competitive tiers.
July 3, 2019 8:02 p.m.
- It has been trying to find decent lists.
- They are being collected, however.
July 3, 2019 8:12 p.m.
Awesome! I'm shamelessly plugging my Aminatou and Huatli Sun's Heart lists for your consideration. And hopefully to get some feedback. LOL