Comments View Archive
So, I have played a deck like this a little, and I have considered just going ban enchantress, cutting as many creatures as possible aside from Eidolon and running cards like dictate of Kruphix and leyline of anticipation. I don't know how it would affect the overall flow of the he deck, but it seems interesting.
July 5, 2017 10:12 a.m.
Interesting idea, Drdoombringer40. Do you by any chance have a decklist I can look at?
July 5, 2017 5:49 p.m.
I'm actually working on one now. I'll post it here when I'm finished.
July 5, 2017 6:03 p.m.
So, I want to apologize for not posting this sooner. I have been quite busy these past few weeks, but here is my first attempt at a Bant Enchantress deck. Let me know what you think.
July 24, 2017 3:41 p.m.
This is a very interesting deck and I'm actually in the middle of making a mono White enchantment deck that has a bit more aggro and less control but I have a couple questions. 1) Why 4 Sigil of the Empty Thrones?2) Why no Idylic Tutors?3) Why more Utopia Sprawl then Abundant Growth?4) Why no Greater Auramancy?
August 1, 2017 9:51 a.m.
Thanks for the upvote, Cybird13! In response to your questions:
- I run 4 Sigil of the Empty Throne because it's the deck's main win condition. Unless I'm in desperate need for cards or mana, I'm always excited to draw one.
- I don't run Idyllic Tutor because it's just too slow for Modern. Spending 3 mana to do something that doesn't affect the board in any way is generally a bad idea. For 3 mana, I would much rather play a Ghostly Prison or Story Circle.
- Yeah, I misread it at first too lol
- The main reason for no Greater Auramancy is my budget. It could probably work really well as a 2-of, but I can't justify spending almost $25 on a card that will most likely drop to less than $5 if reprinted. If you have some, by all means play them, though.
If you have a decklist of your mono-White enchantments deck, feel free to post a link here! I'd love to see it!
August 1, 2017 12:21 p.m.
My thought process was that if I have the tutor I can grab the Sigil of the Empty Throne or if I already have the sigil grab a Sphere of Safety. The tutor is so flexible that it doesn't feel right NOT having it in ya know? With almost all the cards being enchantments it fits.
August 1, 2017 1:23 p.m.
It's flexible, yes, but most Modern games are basically decided by turn 4. If I take an entire turn off to tutor for another card that doesn't impact the board, I've basically lost, no matter how good Sigil is. There's a reason that Fabricate sees basically no play in Modern, even though artifact decks are so much more popular than enchantment decks.
August 1, 2017 1:37 p.m.
Enchant The Kor Here is a very rough draft for now. I just slapped cards in and will be tweaked along the way.
August 1, 2017 4:45 p.m.
August 27, 2017 9:07 p.m.
@tyty4ty Thanks for your comment! I've considered it, but the problem is that neither piece really does much of anything without the other. I'll consider it a lot more if Phyrexian Unlife gets a price-dropping reprint, but for now, I'm fairly comfortable with the deck as-is.
August 27, 2017 9:13 p.m.
Thanks for your comment, cmsrDPM!
I originally did have Starfield of Nyx in the deck, but took it out to make room for Luminarch Ascension, mainly because it suddenly makes all of the important 3-mana enchantments in the deck like Ghostly Prison and Story Circle vulnerable to Lightning Bolt and Fatal Push. It feels a lot like a win-more card when it works as it's intended to, and like I just sacrificed all of my enchantments for no reason when it doesn't. I like the more attrition-based finishers like Luminarch Ascension and Sigil of the Empty Throne a lot more, mainly because they're so much more consistent.
September 17, 2017 11:47 a.m.
Thanks for your comment, ThunderLemon! I hadn't considered Seraph Sanctuary at all! I think it might have a spot as a 1- or 2-of, mainly because the issue in this deck isn't winning once I play Sigil of the Empty Throne, it's living long enough to be able to play it in the first place. Definitely worth testing, though.
September 19, 2017 9:37 p.m.
I see only two non-creature removal i wonder if that's enough. Maybe you could run 1 or two Seal of Primordium.
If you are using creatures like Courser of Kruphix and Nyx-Fleece Ram maybe Assault Formation could be nice too. Especially since you produce so much mana you could even pump all your angels and creatures late game for 3.
Don't know how common flyers are in you meta, but if they are, you could consider Bower Passage in the sideboard so your angels become ublockable.
I'm just finishing a build of a sub-themed enchantment deck myself, but that works a lot different than yours lol. Please check it out, give me your suggestions and thoughts and +1 if you like the idea: ??ZURS' Enchanted Woods ??!!
September 27, 2017 12:36 p.m.
Thanks for the comment and upvote, OriginLeon!
As for your suggestions:
- While it's absolutely true that I don't have a lot of noncreature removal, I do have 3 Stony Silence in my sideboard, which is often enough to provide me with a significant advantage against artifact-based decks. I find that decks that rely on enchantments to win are few and far between, so I haven't found a need to add specific removal (such as Seal of Primordium) against them.
- Assault Formation is undeniably a good card with Courser of Kruphix and Nyx-Fleece Ram, but there's only 2 Coursers in my maindeck, and only 2 Rams in my sideboard, so I don't know how much that would actually accomplish. I might consider it as a 1-of, but I dunno.
- Bower Passage is another interesting card, but it feels a little win-more to me. I aim to win by swinging for 20+ power in the air all at once, and in the few situations in which I'd really need Bower Passage, I can usually just wait another turn. It would absolutely be worth considering if Lingering Souls becomes a major part of my meta, but right now, it's not.
As for your deck, it looks a lot like SaffronOlive's Zur-an deck; is that where you got the idea from? I'll be sure to take a closer look and give you some suggestions within the next few hours or so!
September 27, 2017 12:49 p.m.
Your are correct! It is my spin on SaffronOlive's against the odds Zur-an deck.
September 27, 2017 1:01 p.m.
So I played the deck a bit on MTGO, it's quite nice. The only thing I disliked about it is that at some point if Eidolon of Blossoms was killed I was left with to top decking... I will play test with a 2x Harmonize see if it's better. I also got into a situation where I has a ton of mana but nothing to do with it. I wonder what would be a good sinker.
October 4, 2017 3:54 p.m.
October 4, 2017 4:07 p.m.
Awesome, ThunderLemon, glad you enjoyed it! If you're finding that Eidolon of Blossoms are dying too much, you can try a couple of Greater Auramancys in the main to protect them. Maybe take out a couple of Abundant Growths, or perhaps a couple Herald of the Pantheons? I would run Greater Auramancys here, but they're a little too expensive for me. Also, its price will drop to like $5 or so if it's reprinted, so there's that too. As for Heliod, God of the Sun and Karametra, God of Harvests, I feel like they could both be run, but I think they're too much mana for too little effect. I'm open, though :)
October 4, 2017 4:18 p.m.
Any ideas for a more budget build? I want to build it if its $60 or less. Definite +1
October 12, 2017 12:26 p.m.
Thanks for the upvote, Jafjaf5! Here you go:
SCORE: 1 | 1 VIEW | IN 1 FOLDER
October 12, 2017 12:40 p.m.
Please login to comment
|Date added||1 year|
|Last updated||4 days|
This deck is Modern legal.
|Folders||Completed Decks, Other people's decks, Possible Purchases, Unique Decks, Possible Decks, Other People's Decks, Completed, De todo, decks to check out, Modern Non-budget ideas, See all 26|
|Top rank||#12 on 2017-09-12|
Revision 23 (4 days ago)
|-2||Sphere of Safety||main|
|-4||Herald of the Pantheon||main|
|+4||Sigil of the Empty Throne||main|
|+4||Herald of the Pantheon||main|
|+2||Journey to Nowhere||main|
|+2||Sphere of Safety||main|