- Some crazy cat people have entrusted you with the job of clearing out land and setting up a colony. The only problem is that there are other planeswalkers having a fight near the site. Set up the defenses around the city and protect your Cat citizens.
- Use Plains from Ravnica or Return to Ravnica to make it look like you're setting up cities or colonies.
- Tell your Deftblade Elites, Darksteel Myrs, Stuffy Dolls, Nomads en-Kors, and Mesa Pegasuss to firmly stand guard around the colony.
- Deftblade Elite has a good nose for hunting people and creatures his size. He will gladly sacrifice himself to take out an Elvish Piper or Suture Priest
- Set up Circles of Protections to protect yourself against the forces of magic.
- Use Builder's Blessing to erect walls around your city.
- Banishing Stroke sends things that you just can't deal with away.
- Crib Swap is a great way to neutralize a big threat without killing it. This deck should be as peaceful as possible.
- Sphere of Safety gets fueled nicely by the Circles of Protection and the Builder's Blessing for some reason. Use this to produce a large magical shield around your city.
- Use White Sun's Zenith to call your Cat citizens to inhabit your colony. Do this at the end step previous to your turn.
- If someone is being a big enough nuisance and is not letting you erect your cat colony in peace, make an example out of them by using Odric, Master Tactician. He is the Deftblade Elite's smarter, bigger, more awesome brother. He will take your cats behind enemy lines and use them to quickly execute those who would stop your construction.
maybe Elixir of Immortality agaist death by mill
January 25, 2013 8:34 a.m.
screwed against a blue counter deck, but nice design
January 25, 2013 10:15 a.m.
I should put an Elixir of Immortality in. I'd probably take out an Odric, since it's a Vorthos deck and Vorthos decks shouldn't have more than one of a legendary.
A playset Idyllic Tutor would cost over half of the rest of the deck and a playset of Enlightened Tutor would definitely cost more than half of the rest of the deck. XD If I get my hands on them, they're definitely going in, but I just don't see it happening. (I don't have a lot of money.)
Thanks for the encouragement, guys. :)
January 25, 2013 3:48 p.m.
How about instead of all of those circle of protection, you use Story Circle ? Having all those other ones is just kinda silly.
January 25, 2013 5:26 p.m.
I would love to have 4x Story Circle , 4x Idyllic Tutor , and 4x Enlightened Tutor for this deck. This is actually a physical deck that I carry around with me, though. I'm limited to what I can get my poor little hands on. XD
January 25, 2013 6:09 p.m.
+1 haha I love the description man. I don't know much about modern but this is a cool deal.
February 22, 2013 8:42 p.m.
I'll keep my eye out for those. I like how it's exactly a Builder's Blessing, but not. :D. Put on the acquireboard.
February 26, 2013 1:56 p.m.
Ya, they get blessed for building up the city/walls, but then you will actually have the wall! haha
February 26, 2013 1:57 p.m.
no Ajani, Caller of the Pride? he's not that costly for 2
February 28, 2013 7:05 p.m.
Please login to comment
|Date added||2 years|
|Last updated||1 year|
|Top rank||#60 on 2013-01-27|