- 1x Cinder Glade
- 9x Forest
- 1x Kessig Wolf Run
- 1x Mountain
- 2x Stomping Ground
- 4x Windswept Heath
- 4x Wooded Foothills
- 4x Arbor Elf
- 2x Birds of Paradise
- 4x Inferno Titan
- 2x Obstinate Baloth
- 2x Scavenging Ooze
- 2x Stormbreath Dragon
Love it. Your opponent can't path a dragon. +1 from me.
May 23, 2016 12:25 p.m.
June 1, 2016 2:03 p.m.
Dual Shot exists for three reasons: Birds of Paradise (the bane of this deck), gobins, and so I can go "Pew! Pew!". I tried Forked Bolt, but I preferred the instant speed too much. Granted, Murphy will now kick my butt with a two toughness creature this weekend.
June 1, 2016 4:16 p.m.
June 13, 2016 10:20 a.m.
Wouldn't Nature's Claim instead of Oxidize be better in the Sideboard? Or is the benefit of also beeing able to target enchantments not worth over the 4 life the opponent gains and the loss of can't be regenerated?
June 13, 2016 10:36 a.m.
yak300, I agree Nature's Claim would be better, it would deal with Spreading Seas and Terra Eternal in my meta, but I have the full art player rewards Oxidize, and I am very shallow when it comes to blinging out my deck.
June 13, 2016 10:52 a.m.
Welcome back to Modern!
I'm very new to Ponza (I'm MUCH more of an Infect player), so please take these comments with some healthy skepticism! There are (at least) two Merfolk decks at my second-favorite LGS but I have yet to play either. But I've been reading up/planning for the match-up, so here are some thoughts:
- Keep Beast Within (for killing Lords) and Bonfire of the Damned (for killing everyone) for sure.
- Blood Moon is actually not terrible, since it shuts down Cavern of Souls and Mutavault.
- Keep some mana up when casting Instants and Sorceries if at all possible, to pay the Cursecatcher/Spell Pierce tax.
- Post-board, expect more Tappers (e.g., Tidebinder Mage, Bouncers (e.g., more Vapor Snags or maybe Echoing Truth), and Counters (e.g., Unified Will).
- Some other cards to consider: Firespout, Sudden Shock, and Trinisphere (I run 2x in sideboard and though I don't know yet how it is against Merfolk, it's been great against other fast decks like Elves and Bogles).
Bottom line: If I was boarding your deck against Fish, I'd try ...
- Out: 3x Stone Rain, 1x Blood Moon, 1x Mwonvuli Acid-Moss
- In: 4x Anger of the Gods, 1x Thrun, the Last Troll
April 29, 2017 10:01 p.m.
Please login to comment
|Date added||1 year|
|Last updated||2 days|
This deck is Modern legal.
|Folders||DO THIS, Decks to Build, Deck Ideas, maybe?, playtesting, Ideas, modern, inspiration for modern, Soi, Modern ideas, See all 12|
|Top rank||#37 on 2016-06-20|