- 1x Aetherflux Reservoir
- 1x Akroma's Memorial
- 1x Alhammarret's Archive
- 1x Gilded Lotus
- 1x Norn's Annex
- 1x Sol Ring
- 1x Ajani Steadfast
- 1x Karn Liberated
- 1x Kaya, Ghost Assassin
- 1x Liliana Vess
- 1x Ob Nixilis Reignited
- 1x Angel of the Dire Hour
- 1x Archangel of Thune
- 1x Athreos, God of Passage
- 1x Avacyn, Angel of Hope
- 1x Aven Mindcensor
- 1x Blinding Angel
- 1x Bruna, the Fading Light
- 1x Crypt Ghast
- 1x Dark Confidant
- 1x Deathbringer Liege
- 1x Divinity of Pride
- 1x Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
- 1x Erebos, God of the Dead
- 1x Gisela, the Broken Blade
- 1x Indulgent Tormentor
- 1x Kambal, Consul of Allocation
- 1x Karlov of the Ghost Council
- 1x Linvala, Keeper of Silence
- 1x Magister of Worth
- 1x Magus of the Will
- 1x Mother of Runes
- 1x Nirkana Revenant
- 1x Rhox Faithmender
- 1x Rune-Scarred Demon
- 1x Selfless Spirit
- 1x Serra Ascendant
- 1x Sheoldred, Whispering One
- 1x Solemn Simulacrum
- 1x Thalia, Heretic Cathar
- 1x Weathered Wayfarer
- 1x Bojuka Bog
- 1x Cabal Coffers
- 1x Caves of Koilos
- 1x Command Tower
- 1x Concealed Courtyard
- 1x Godless Shrine
- 1x Homeward Path
- 1x Isolated Chapel
- 1x Kor Haven
- 1x Maze of Ith
- 1x Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- 1x Orzhov Basilica
- 10x Plains
- 1x Reliquary Tower
- 1x Shambling Vent
- 7x Swamp
- 1x Tainted Field
- 1x Temple of Silence
- 1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
- 1x Windbrisk Heights
Hello! I like the deck and both of the commanders, but here are a few quick suggestions to improve it :) Fair warning that it's hard to analyze a deck without any description but I'll do my best.
Always Watching has always seemed somewhat...subpar to me. How does it work in this deck?
I don't like Magister of Worth or Magus of the Will much in this deck. The former gives your opponents too much control over your board state, and the latter is more helpful in combo-based decks. If you plan to use him for recursion, I'd just prefer something like Hell's Caretaker.
Your land count is pretty low for a deck with this CMC. Is that ever a problem for you?
Happy deckbuilding! :)
January 30, 2017 8:40 p.m.
@Daedalus19876: Thank you for the rich comment my friend. I'll address your points:
- Malicious Affliction is indeed the better card in most situations, however in my playing environment, I see a lot of black. Among my friends especially we have Golgari, Sultai, rainbow, and rakdos, so I am almost guaranteed not to see artifact creatures unless one of the guys at my lgs brings his Breya deck.
- Death Grasp is one of the few on the list of "need to improve" cards for this deck and I am looking to get a hold of Vampiric Tutor soon enough, so you called that out correctly.
- Always Watching has done work in making my creatures have a presence but it is up on the scrap board. Looking to get a Debtors' Knell to replace it.
- Magister of Worth is actually one of my favorite cards and one of the first rares I ever owned playing Magic. I actually have never not benefited from playing her in this deck. Magus of the Will is still up for testing but Yawgmoth's Will has served me well, and in the case of the cards use, I am not using it to recur creatures 90% of the time but actually my instants and sorceries.
- Aside from the occasional single mulligan I have never had a single issue with my land. I tend to get a lot of use out of Tymna's draw even in 1v1 matches to ensure I have a good hand size and land count.
- Mana balance is the full disclosed answer. If I threw in Wrath of God over Damnation it would offset my calculated mana balance.
January 30, 2017 9:01 p.m.
TearsInRain23: I'm glad you've thought out this deck so well! My quick responses to your answers:
1) nods Makes sense. If you ever decide to adjust it, I've gotten great value out of Ashes to Ashes before. It loses the instant-speed, but it always 2-for-1s and the 5 life is rarely relevant since you gain a lot of life here. Or Unmake - unconditional instant-speed removal is one hell of a drug :)
2) Cool, we're agreed. If you want another X-spell to dump mana into (how much mana do you usually generate by the end of a game?) Exsanguinate is the go-to option, hehe.
3) Depending on how slow your deck is, Marshal's Anthem could do work for you. But if Always Watching does work, then it's great. Never really tried the card myself, just thought those anthem effects are usually better with tokens.
4) I played Magister of Worth in a few of my decks, but the table always conspired against me to flip the vote against me. Still, though, if it works in your deck! I have a foil of that card, and it's super pretty, so maybe I should stick it back in a deck and try it again.
5) Yeah, I think my decks are just cursed. I usually play ~37 land and still get screwed almost every game. No idea what that's about...
I'd love your perspective on a few of my decks if you have any time :)
January 30, 2017 10:11 p.m.
@Daedalus19876": I'll give your decks a good thorough overview when I have the time over the next few days cause I see you have a few. Maybe you can do the same for my other two as they need more help then this one.
Last notes: 1) Did not know about Unmake, will acquire.
2) I tend to sit around 10 to 14 mana by late game.
3) If this deck did anything with tokens I'd sing a different tune about the Anthems.
4) I'll see what you got going with your decks to help out with that mana issue soon.
January 30, 2017 10:38 p.m.
Definitely, I'll take a look at your other ones :) Possibly not tonight, though, as I have a bunch of work I'm currently procrastinating on.
The decks I'm always looking for a hand/suggestion on are The Hungry, Hungry Aetherborn: Yahenni EDH, Judgment Day: Avacyn the Purifier EDH | *PRIMER*, and I Call Her Vera: Sidisi EDH | *PRIMER* primarily.
I look forward to your comments as well! :)
January 30, 2017 10:43 p.m.
February 4, 2017 8:05 a.m.
February 4, 2017 9:54 a.m.
@Daedalus19876: SO far this deck has a 14 game winning streak with no losses at my lgs both 1v1 and 4 player.
Removed Always Watching (replaced with Norn's Annex, Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim (the sacrifice wasn't utilized to full effect in this deck. Replaced with Weathered Wayfarer for utility.), Batterskull (too slow here. Replaced with Shambling Vent), Kokusho, the Evening Star (Will find better use in my tbb Meren deck, replaced with Luminarch Ascension because angels.), Well of Lost Dreams (too much mana sink for lifegain that was garnered through combat damage more than anything else. Replaced with Painful Quandary), Death Grasp (Useless after the first game I used it, replaced with Selfless Spirit), Necropotence (The drawing at the end of my turn was hurting my games and almost cost me one so it had to go. Replaced with Karn Liberated because just because), Boon Reflection (did little. Replaced with Aven Mindcensor for control), and Oblivion Ring (Slow removal. Replaced with Unmake).
February 20, 2017 9:41 p.m.
I recommend Gray Merchant of Asphodel for any deck that reanimates.
February 21, 2017 5:07 a.m.
February 21, 2017 4:13 p.m.
TearsInRain23: A 14-0 streak?!? I'm impressed haha :)
Your changes seem very much reasonable, and I approve. I still think that Necropotence has a slot here: it kills you occasionally, but in most games you should win if it resolves (since there are very few cards that trade life for draw so efficiently and repeatably).
With regards to your prospective future additions, I've found Nirkana Revenant to be disappointing, Bloodchief Ascension and Ghostly Prison to depend on meta, and the two angels to be too gimmicky to be useful. Just my 2-cents, though, haha.
Congrats on your success with the deck!
February 21, 2017 4:59 p.m.
@DarkMagician: Necropotence will more then likely return after I playtested without it. Having gone back on what happened that game my mistake was playing it for draw when I was in a pinch and had to rely on Crypt Ghast for health and literally did not leave 8 to 10 health for nearly 9 rounds of stalling (Thank you Linvala, Keeper of Silence and Blinding Angel for that). It almost cost me the game merely because I couldn't get any card draw without sacrificing health that put me in a very dangerous position the one time I didn't have reliable lifegain already present on the board. I realize now its more user error but still going to play test some before swapping back.
I decided to run Rune-Scarred Demon and Indulgent Tormentor/ Desecration Demon to try and have some viable demons thrown in there. I agree on the angels, as much as I love the mythic side having two of them leave little to be desired. I'm thinking Baneslayer Angel and Sorin Markov. Tree of Perdition as well.
February 21, 2017 9:41 p.m.
Please login to comment
|Date added||4 weeks|
|Last updated||2 days|
This deck is Commander / EDH legal.
|Tokens||4/4 Angel, Nixilis, Ajani|
Revision 4 (1 week ago)
|+1||Bruna, the Fading Light||main|
|+1||Gisela, the Broken Blade||main|
|-1||Go for the Throat||main|
|-1||Well of Lost Dreams||main|
|-1||Souls of the Faultless||main|