Weaver of Lightning
Creature — Human Shaman
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Weaver of Lightning deals 1 damage to target creature an opponent controls.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Weaver of Lightning Discussion
1 hour ago
akprimape I think red is an important addition just because of Harnessed Lightning. Also, Weaver of Lightning in the sideboard definitely isn't bad and the third color lets you use Painful Truths to the fullest as well as Radiant Flames if you prefer more board wipe in your control brews.
1 week ago
Kazuul's Toll Collector goes infinite as well. I reccomend including it. Also a third Slip Through Space seems good. To make room, I'd just get Weaver of Lightning out in the sideboard and shove 2 Disallows in there and a Negate. I don't know wether you should run 3 or 4, but it would make the combo more consistent.
2 weeks ago
it has haste and trample too, so you can crew it right away on turn 4, that was the appealing thing and why I don't consider it very slow, I got the Sky Skiff in the sideboard as well as Weaver of Lightning. should be enough to deal with fliers, along with the burn spells I have.
2 weeks ago
Weaver of Lightning is very good though. Try that first, I think.
2 weeks ago
BioProfDude that is correct, fliers are a weakness, so... Weaver of Lightning in the sideboard then. I had Sky Skiff in the deck, but it doesn't quite do as much punch as Ovalchase Dragster does for the same crew cost. Shivan Dragon is also legal in standard, but it does cost 6, not really a fast card. I guess I'll try out Weaver of Lightning either in the main deck or the side
2 weeks ago
A few quick thoughts ...
- I second the comments by JohnnyCRO (especially on Lambholt Pacifist Flip ... IMO, she's Best Wolf Ever.) and jellowsmurf. Well, except for the piece about Ulrich of the Krallenhorde Flip ... he has AMAZING flavor, but I've found him to be pretty meh. I want my five-drops to make a huge impact no matter how I'm doing, and his +4/+4 is not always useful (especially when behind on board). Maybe Verdurous Gearhulk or Skysovereign, Consul Flagship? Or just drop the slot entirely, in favor of more four-drops.
- I've found Moonlight Hunt to be much better than Prey Upon in a Wolf deck. We need every bit of synergy we can possibly get. Plus it's an Instant. Plus fighting Creatures with Deathtouch just rots.
- Wolves are notoriously weak to Flyers, so you'll probably want some Flyerhate in the sideboard (or maybe even the mainboard, depending on your meta). I like Clip Wings for Emrakul and Indestructible flyers, and some combo of Weaver of Lightning, Vines of the Recluse/Aim High, and Tears of Valakut for everything else. Lots of people seem to like Take Down, but I'm not a fan at all, since it can't hit Smuggler's Copter.
- Arlinn Kord Flip is especially weak to Flyers (since she comes in with only three Loyalty counters). I like 2x Nature's Way in sideboard to swap with her for that match-up.
- You might also want Natural State or Appetite for the Unnatural in the sideboard ... you can go small if your meta is just Authority of the Consuls and Smuggler's Copter or large if it includes stuff like Aetherworks Marvel, Metallurgic Summonings, and Gearhulks.
I also wanted to recommend dropping by the All things Wolven thread sometime and posting your deck. Please feel free to post it in large format too ... it makes it easier for the community!
1 month ago
1 month ago
JohnnyBoyG, Thanks so much for the input. Although I'm not working on a specific budget, I'm not exactly up for a "$30-$80 for a cool land" budget. I could use Evolving Wilds as the poor man's Tarn, but that's just lands. Serum Visions over Take Inventory is actually far better than I expected because now I don't even have to push through lands in the first place like I did with Take Inventory, not to mention it's a good T1 spell. Chandra's Pyrohelix is also good spell, but I think I'll still keep Arc Trail sideboarded for fighting slower decks. As for Thing in the Ice Flip, I do have some concerns about how well it fits in the deck. Having Gelectrode and Weaver of Lightning on the field is really important for this somewhat campy deck, and I don't know if Awoken Horror Flip Makes up for all the turns that I have to spend afterwards to re-setup shop. I already own a Thing, though, so I'll keep it in there and test it against other people's decks.
Thanks again for the feedback, my dude <3