|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Wander in Death
Return up to two target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand.
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Wander in Death Discussion
1 year ago
One more thing I think....
I always try to play spells in pEDH that give me options. I feel that you are going to be paying close to the cost for the above noted spells when you attempt to cast Soul Strings anyway that the hard cast costs make sense even though they are a bit more than Soul Strings. pEDH games tend to last a while so accumulating the larger amounts of mana required to cast those spells is no skin off your back. In pEDH it's more about gaining control mid to late game rather than in the beginning.
1 year ago
I haven't played Standard in well over a year, but I'll do my best:
- If you're concerned with Approach, more hand disruption might help, as well as more early plays to get some extra damage in. 1-2 copies of Unburden could be useful, and Miasmic Mummy pulls double duty
- Against aggro, more early plays will help. I recommend Miasmic Mummy again since it can block an early creature and pre-emptively stop a future play. I also recommend upping the count of Fatal Push
- Adding more cheap creatures also provides more ammo for Whisper, Blood Liturgist if you decide you want to have another copy of her for more consistency
- Settle the Score doesn't do enough to help your plan to justify how slow it is. Replace it with more copies of Fatal Push and/or Vraska's Contempt
- Gilded Lotus doesn't seem to help your plan at all. I think you'd be much better off replacing them with more Swamps. That will help you hit your land drops more consistently and makes Cabal Stronghold slightly better
- Replace Soul Salvage with Wander in Death as a straight upgrade, just in case you get into a situation where you need some other card more than the normal effect
- Taking out The Eldest Reborn and Duress will weaken your options against Teferi decks and other control decks, so consider that issue before doing it
- Morbid Curiosity and Fortuitous Find don't do anything for you. Take them out of the sideboard
- Is there a specific deck that makes you want to include Dispossess in the board? If not, consider taking it out
1 year ago
I'm looking at picking this decklist up, thought I'd throw a comment here with the few changes I'm making:
Also Search for azcanta for Sacred Excavation times where you are having a little bit of difficulty getting the cycle going.
Countervailing Winds for Eternal Dragon. Super expensive/technical/limited Squee the Immortal, that's just a 5/5 flying with plainscycle (you have quite a number of landcycles already) doesn't feel too great, I think personally I'd just rather a super hard counterspell, will be making more than enough flyers with Drake Haven as it is I feel!
I really want to find room for Nimble Obstructionist and Grasp of Fate but I just can't see what else to take out, because the pieces you have in here are really decent.
Some land changes:
Shefet Dunes for a plains OR steppe? (strong if you pump out a fairly reasonable bunch of drakes and even Migratory Route or Rise from the Tides for a power play, probably won't kill anyone with high health, but excellent for executing 15-20 hp with fliers, or forcing them to burn valuable resources to stop it, for one land).
Ipnu Rivulet for Island. Graveyard filler, Second Sun chaser, Helps you push for some cycle cards too, in a slightly different way to a flipped Search for Azcanta.
(I'm a filthy azorius second sun/drake haven player, so I'm loathe to part with them if I can fit them in a deck for another format too).
1 year ago
Considering that many of your creatures either outright want to die or enter a situation where they can easily die (combat), you might want to consider cards like Phyrexian Reclamation, Grave Upheaval Wander in Death for the situations that you find yourself with many desirable creatures in your graveyard. I'm particularly fond of the last two - cycling is a very powerful ability for trading away narrow/dead cards for a good shot at a better one, and 3-color can always use more ways to dig for its color fixers.
1 year ago
1 year ago
Per friendly suggestion, I will be adding some creature control.To do this I will remove:3x Renewed Faith1x Raise the Dead1x Wander in Death1x Protection of the HekmaAnd add:1x Lay Bare the Heart2x Impeccable Timing1x Time to Reflect1x Never1x Dusk
1 year ago
I dont understand Wander in Death. You would rather want creatures in the graveyard. Try Chart a Course instead. And you play way too many counterspells. With access to BW you should have the option to remove whatever your opponent plays, rather than counter it. In the ideal world, you have creatures to play early, so you wont hold up mana for counterspells. Try cards like Fatal Push instead. Then put some of the negates and the cancels in the sb.
The mana in this deck is awful. Not playing dual lands, and playing cards like Wayward Servant and Cancel is gonna be horrible. There are solutions that do not require you to go out and invest 50$ in lands, and I'm sure you want to know. The solution, sadly, is to cut some cards. You can choose to cut any of the colors really, but i would cut down on white a little.
Angel of Sanctions is not worth the double white in the cost. Keep one maybe, because it's great to reanimate. Neither Sunscourge Champion or Temmet, Vizier of Naktamun are super important either. What I would do however, is add 4x Unclaimed Territory. That way, you can almost ensure to cast Wayward Servant, by naming "Zombie". If you are missing white mana for Sunscourge Champion or Temmet, Vizier of Naktamun, name "Human". You can even name "Wizard", if you have plenty of black mana, or "God" if desperate. Remember to wait with playing Unclaimed Territory until you have no other lands in hand, or when you need it to hit the curve.
To finish off, this deck idea is very good overall, so have fun playing it! :)
No data for this card yet.