Vizier of the Scorpion
Creature — Zombie Wizard
When Vizier of the Scorpion enters the battlefield, amass 1. (Put a +1/+1 counter on an Army you control. If you don't control, create a 0/0 black Zombie Army creature token first.)
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Vizier of the Scorpion Discussion
2 weeks ago
Interesting creature cards:
- Carrion Feeder Sac outlet
- Corpse Harvester Ramp and tutor
- Crypt Ghast Ramp and burn + life gain
- Filth Gives everything swamp walk, combo with Uborg Tomb land for easy gg
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight More tokens
- Noxious Ghoul Toxic Delgue on a stick, great vs token decks
- Phyrexian Crusader Infect Zombie, nuff said
- Sheoldred, Whispering One No zombie but a strong black card that is a must include. Can bring back basically any creature
- Soulless One Great finisher, specially with the swamp walk from Filth
- Stromgald Crusader Flying zombie that can keep boosting itself and protection from white
- Unbreathing Horde Same as Soulless One but with dmg prevention
- Vizier of the Scorpion Deathtouch tokens
- Wight of Precinct Six Can get bonkers late game
- Zombie Master Another way to give swampwalk to everything, also gives regen to all zombies
- Zombie Master Card draw and zombie creation
1 month ago
Thank you Rabid_Wombat for commenting and for the link to your deck.
I am looking to include Siren of the Silent Song and Vizier of the Scorpion , so please tell me which creatures specifically you would cut and why. I would aim for 37 creatures total, which would allow mw to run Syphon Flesh and Drown in the Loch .
Living Death is a great card, but this deck is focused on building a token army, not to mention several effects that exile creatures from my graveyard, so it feels somewhat counterproductive in this context.
1 month ago
Siren of the Silent Song is a favorite of mine. Also, no Empty the Pits , Syphon Flesh , Vizier of the Scorpion , or Moan of the Unhallowed ? Gotta go wide! I also recommend Stitcher's Supplier , Returned Reveler , and Crow of Dark Tidings . Stocking the graveyard is a good way to spend an early turn, so you can start getting value right away when TSG hits the board, and the mediocre bodies don't matter later, since they can come back as 4/4's. I also recommend Mire Triton and Tymaret Calls the Dead when Theros Beyond Death comes out.
1 month ago
Suggested to take out: Breeding Pit , Exquisite Blood + Sanguine Bond (No infinite combos), Vampiric Rites , Herald of the Dreadhorde , Sower of Discord , Vizier of the Scorpion , Mausoleum Secrets , Lotus Field
4 months ago
Here is a revised decklist (using some cards you already have) to give you an idea. You do not have to follow it exactly.
Enchantments (4) 4 Dreadhorde Invasion
5 months ago
The main issue I see with this deck is that its slow. With many shocklands that enter tapped, casting bigger spells quicker is harder. I know you're on a budget, but I'd still recommend Blood Crypt , Steam Vents , and Watery Grave over your Guildgates.
Vizier of the Scorpion amasses and gives your zombie army deathtouch. Unlikely Aid can protect it from removal, and Aid the Fallen can return an amass creature from your graveyard, allowing you to do it again.
8 months ago
You might also make good use of Unburial Rites .
8 months ago
Vizier of the Scorpion could make your tokens a bigger threat and force the game into a stalemate and let you build your token up