|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Vivien of the Arkbow
Legendary Planeswalker — Vivien
+2: Put two +1/+1 counters on up to one target creature.
-3: Target creature you control deals damage equal to its power to target creature you don't control.
-9: Creatures you control get +4/+4 and gain trample until end of turn.
Latest as Commander
Vivien of the Arkbow Discussion
7 months ago
I did for a while, but then I concluded that Riot was not something I needed in this deck and his other abilities doesnt really sync in to my strat, he can help with the counters yes, but not to the extent that i like.
8 months ago
8 months ago
Also you could put in cards like Harmonize , Opt for card draw and Solidarity of Heroes for buffing (this might be a bit to mana expensive tho) also there are cards like Vitalize and Benefactor's Draught would help this deck type.
1 year ago
My main thought is that neither of these is tempo - 5/6 mana, 2 or 4 turns defending them just to get the payoff? The zero value on Tezzeret might be worth it though, for one extra card a turn?
1 year ago
Hey, what mythic rares and rare cards did you get when you opened your M19 booster box, fat packs and toolkit? Some of these cards can be a good starting point to making a deck because mythics and rares are among the best cards in a set. You have Nexus of Fate, if you like that card it's a good reason to build a deck with blue in it :)
In M19 there's quite a few good card interactions to consider to build a deck around. Here's a few mono colored ones:
- Red Dragons: Sarkhan, Fireblood, Sarkhan, Dragonsoul, Dragon's Hoard with Demanding Dragon, Nicol Bolas, the Ravager Flip, Lathliss, Dragon Queen and other Dragons
- Blue Artifacts: Tezzeret, Artifice Master, Tezzeret, Cruel Machinist, Sai, Master Thopterist with Skilled Animator, Fountain of Renewal, Diamond Mare and other artifacts.
- White Lifegain: Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants, Ajani, Wise Counselor with Ajani's Pridemate, Leonin Warleader, Mentor of the Meek, Shield Mare, Diamond Mare, Resplendent Angel and other life gain.
- Black Zombies: Liliana, Untouched By Death, Liliana, the Necromancer with Death Baron, Graveyard Marshal, Diregraf Ghoul, Walking Corpse, Reassembling Skeleton, Demon of Catastrophes and other Zombies
- Green Ramp: Vivien Reid, Vivien of the Arkbow, Llanowar Elves, Druid of the Cowl with Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma, Gift of Paradise, Gigantosaurus, Pelakka Wurm, Aggressive Mammoth and other big creatures.
My advice if you're just starting out deck building is to make a mono colored deck. Each of these examples is a single color using one of the Planeswalkers. The Planeswalkers abilities give you a defined strategy which is a good starting point to planning and building a deck around. It's easier to start out with a mono colored deck because then you can add a second color later on when you get a better idea of deck building.
Once I get a better idea of the cards you got from your box, fatpack and toolkit, then I can further help you if you would like.
1 year ago
Vivien Reid is far better than Vivien of the Arkbow. I would recommend adding more copies of Vivien Reid and taking out the Arkbow. As for sideboard, I would recommend Scrapheap Scrounger due to its ease to cast and great ability to be a recur-able threat against control. Also, I would suggest to take out a couple of Swamps for Ifnir Deadlands. Also, you have a ton of black sources for few Black actual cards.
No data for this card yet.