|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Target player discards two cards.
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
2 months ago
I haven't played Standard in well over a year, but I'll do my best:
- If you're concerned with Approach, more hand disruption might help, as well as more early plays to get some extra damage in. 1-2 copies of Unburden could be useful, and Miasmic Mummy pulls double duty
- Against aggro, more early plays will help. I recommend Miasmic Mummy again since it can block an early creature and pre-emptively stop a future play. I also recommend upping the count of Fatal Push
- Adding more cheap creatures also provides more ammo for Whisper, Blood Liturgist if you decide you want to have another copy of her for more consistency
- Settle the Score doesn't do enough to help your plan to justify how slow it is. Replace it with more copies of Fatal Push and/or Vraska's Contempt
- Gilded Lotus doesn't seem to help your plan at all. I think you'd be much better off replacing them with more Swamps. That will help you hit your land drops more consistently and makes Cabal Stronghold slightly better
- Replace Soul Salvage with Wander in Death as a straight upgrade, just in case you get into a situation where you need some other card more than the normal effect
- Taking out The Eldest Reborn and Duress will weaken your options against Teferi decks and other control decks, so consider that issue before doing it
- Morbid Curiosity and Fortuitous Find don't do anything for you. Take them out of the sideboard
- Is there a specific deck that makes you want to include Dispossess in the board? If not, consider taking it out
3 months ago
4 months ago
Thanks for your comment :)
Removal: I'm about to play Ghastly Demise as soon as it arrives :D
I lack removal for black creatures (maybe it's just what I feel after playing with Fleshbag Marauder for some time), maybe I'll play Ghastly Demise instead of Chill to the Bone, but I'll need to test it.
Discard: Tasigur's Cruelty is good because you can play it for like 1 mana and it's ok to get 1 or 2 cards, Unburden has cycling, but Unnerve is so bad in late-game, 4 mana is too much for 1 or 2 cards, besides it's always getting countered in my heavy blue group and you can always try to sneak play 1 mana Tasigur's Cruelty and don't lose a turn even if it's countered. Also we are playing 2HG, totem, or sometimes even 1vs1, cause my guys are dying after 1 hour of FFA when nothing's going on at some moments so cheap spells are favored cause the tempo is much more important there.
Vulturous Aven seems great, I'm definitely going to try it.
For Urborg Uprising I'm not sure if I'm ever gonna use it to get 2 cards back xd I'm a little low on creatures, and Gravedigger - Cadaver Imp synergy, when you get back one with another is so good, that I tried to also play Warren Pilferers but it was too expensive. Needs some testing.
Armillary Sphere is sooooo good it's staying for sure.
Ramp spells: I was wondering about bigger ones like Sisay's Ring but I don't like that they are doing nothing but getting destroyed. Small mana rocks were cut long ago because of that. The ones I'm playing are the best of the best, but I'm gonna think about getiing more.
Also I've been wondering on playing regular swamps over Terramorphic Expanse, Evolving Wilds because shuffling isn't very powerful, and I need those swamps, so decreasing the chances for drawing lands isn't very good. What do you think? Haunted Fengraf is also likely to be cut cause I used it maybe 2 times this year and i need black/swamps to hit as hard as it's possible and regain as much life as I can.
5 months ago
Looks like fun! Cheers!
6 months ago
Looks like a fun build! I have a similar deck, and here's some things I would suggest adding:
Dimir Infiltrator/Drift of Phantasms/Dimir House Guard: These guys can all be discarded in order to get important cards to your game plan. I notice you have a lot of spells at CMC's 2, 3, and 4, so they should be a great fit!
Compulsion: You can now cycle any of your cards!
Cast Out: Cycles, and is a versatile removal spell.
Tortured Existence: All you need is one creature in your graveyard and one creature in your hand to get an insane amount of discard triggers with this card. It's a lot of fun!
Phyrexian Reclamation: This can get back a good creature, or at the very least allow you to cycle something again in a pinch.
Spirit Cairn: Another good token maker on discard in case you feel you need more benefits when you do cycle.
I've suggested 8 cards to add. If I was going to suggest as many to cut, here's what I would say:
Unburden: One player having to discard two is not very helpful in a multiplayer game. This will mostly just make one person your enemy.
Lurching Rotbeast/Sanctum Plowbeast/Winged Shepherd/Djeru's Renunciation: These will mostly end up being part of the deck simply because you can cycle them, which is a good sign that there are better options.
Absorb Vis: Same problem as Unburden. If you want to make one opponent your enemy, great. Otherwise, it exists because you can cycle it.
New Perspectives: When cycling, you typically do not end up ahead on cards. This means that you will rarely end up at max hand size, so this is an expensive draw spell.
Plea for Guidance: You have 4 enchantments, 3 of which your commander can go get you. It is not very helpful here.
Regardless of what you end up doing, this looks like a fun deck. Good luck!
6 months ago
6 months ago
I would trim down the Unburden (remove 1) and add 1x Enter the Unknown. When playtesting, I found that Lurking Chupacabra + Enter the Unknown + Path of Discovery is super overpowered. But, you need most/all of those cards so I like the deck as is :)